Karlsson Appreciation Thread

Indrew

Feb 6, 2007
I understand that not everyone is that stupid, and a bunch of people just do it to troll or be funny. I get it.

I could care less about what other fanbases think of us, but I know a lot of people do, and the same people would like to participate in rational discussions with fans from around the league.

Karlsson is just so gosh-darn cute and talented that it makes it hard to accomplish this. Tone it down Erik.

Last edited:

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Like, on the main boards?

I agree. I think that 50% of the Karlsson hate on the main boards is specifically a result of Sens fans bringing him up on a near-daily basis.

Same reason there's so much hate for Crosby, and why so many people hated Gretzky back in the day: people resent the over-saturation, get sick of hearing about him all the time, and just say "enough!".

You know, it might be that, but there's also something called jealousy.

It's a natural phenomenon that has been proven time and time again. It is usually directed towards superior beings(such as Karlsson, lol). I think it was Machicavelli who first brought it up, not sure.

It's very real and I think it explains much of the hate towards him as well. At least part of it. Need no look further than the Habs fanbase for proof of that one. Karlsson > Subban so they have to find a way to "make up" for it.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
Same reason there's so much hate for Crosby, and why so many people hated Gretzky back in the day: people resent the over-saturation, get sick of hearing about him all the time, and just say "enough!".
Some of the dislike for Crosby has been for the way he has reacted on ice to refs. I think most people want to see the next Gretzky/Orr, and usually threads on the main are arguments between the most vocal on both sides and both Crosby/Karlsson get deserved respect even on the main.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
It's impossible to hate Karlsson for his play because he's so damned fun to watch.

The only reason people dislike him is because of people shoving him down their throats.

WhiteLight*

Hasn't been talked about for a couple pages but for people who think Karlsson was bad in the playoffs:

- Lead the team in takeaways
- 1 shot behind the team leader in shots
- Lead the defense in Corsi by a good margin
- 2nd on the team in blocked shots to Phillips

No he wasn't crazy good, but he was still better than everyone else.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Aside from the skating strides, Karlsson look magnificent and his late turnovers was him just playing around and not giving a **** which is understandable, lol it is pre-season and he;s tryin new moves.

Aside from those really late moves he was perfect and his pivots and angles were phenomenal.

His hipcheck on Wheeler brought huge smile to my face cause Wheeler is really fast and used to be able to beat Karlsson to inside or outside but Karlsson shut him down perfectly.

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
It's impossible to hate Karlsson for his play because he's so damned fun to watch.

The only reason people dislike him is because of people shoving him down their throats.

And the diving. Good lord, it's hard to overlook the diving.

Tim Peel

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
Hasn't been talked about for a couple pages but for people who think Karlsson was bad in the playoffs:

- Lead the team in takeaways
- 1 shot behind the team leader in shots
- Lead the defense in Corsi by a good margin
- 2nd on the team in blocked shots to Phillips

No he wasn't crazy good, but he was still better than everyone else.

Just too many "I'm 19 years old again" mistakes.

Karlsson could probably play the regular season at 50% but still put up numbers like he was healthy. He wouldn't be as effective though.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Just too many "I'm 19 years old again" mistakes.

Karlsson could probably play the regular season at 50% but still put up numbers like he was healthy. He wouldn't be as effective though.

EXACTLY.

People think that since he is injured he won't rack up points. Lolz, this is Karlsson we are talking about. Him standing still can create scoring chances.

13 points in 12 games after coming back from his injury. LOL.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes

Thats whats so funny about it. People come into those threads looking for Karlsson to be shoved down their throats, just so they can complain about it.

StittsvilleJames

Apr 17, 2012
Ottawa
Who cares what other fanbases think of Karlsson, sens fans, or anything else for that matter?

Seems strange to even care what random faceless posters from halfway across the continent think of us sens fans or our players?

Leachman

May 13, 2007
Aside from those really late moves he was perfect and his pivots and angles were phenomenal.

I (and probably many others) noticed that his pivots to the right have quickly gone from a liability to a strength. I seem to remember a large number of his gaffes started with the inability to pivot to his right. This seems to be beyond addressed. Big props to skating coach.

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
All i care is that I know he's the best defenceman on earth and he plays for us.
Someone wants to tell me Crosby is a better hockey player or gives his team a better chance to win hockey games i'll listen and likely politely disagree.

If the Karlsson of 13 games at the start of last year before his injury comes back to us, he is the best player in hockey.

Its hard to state how little i care if anyone disagrees.

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
The hockey news didn't have him as the 4th best player for the upcomming season somewhere? I'm trying to find the link searchin the forums and I can't... I want to shove it down someone's mouth, saying that he's no good blablabla

bta1976

Aug 20, 2012
The hockey news didn't have him as the 4th best player for the upcomming season somewhere? I'm trying to find the link searchin the forums and I can't... I want to shove it down someone's mouth, saying that he's no good blablabla

EK will do the shoving for you on the ice! He is like Sid was/is, other team fans hate him for what he does on the ice, but they ALL want to see it...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad