Karlsson Appreciation Thread

Pietraneglo222

we suck so bad even the leafs fans are being bros now. ****

PhillyFrisco

Jun 29, 2007
www.blueprintz.ca
At least you don't have to pin your hopes on players like Johnny ****ing Malkin, errr Mitchell

edit: but I suppose you DO have to put up with that bum Kovalev. I hate that mother****er.

Anca18

Aug 19, 2010
Ottawa, ON
At least you don't have to pin your hopes on players like Johnny ****ing Malkin, errr Mitchell

edit: but I suppose you DO have to put up with that bum Kovalev. I hate that mother****er.

I wanted to ask a leafs fan this, what's the deal with Kessel...I hear he wanted out of Toronto?

PhillyFrisco

Jun 29, 2007
www.blueprintz.ca
I wanted to ask a leafs fan this, what's the deal with Kessel...I hear he wanted out of Toronto?

I think the players are just tuning out Wilson cause he's an incompetent loser.

E.g. Kessel got benched for a few shifts couple weeks ago. Reason was that the other team scored and he was the last forward to make in back to the d-zone. Thing is, opposing team's defenceman was still behind Kessel so it wasn't as if Phil was the last person back into the Leafs zone.

Kessel may have his defensive struggles sometimes but Wilson picked the stupidest time to teach him a lesson. It's like when a dog ***** on the carpet, if you don't reprimand him/her moments after they do it, there's no point coming down on them the day after. Nothing is learned that way. Wilson is an idiot.

Anca18

Aug 19, 2010
Ottawa, ON
I think the players are just tuning out Wilson cause he's an incompetent loser.

E.g. Kessel got benched for a few shifts couple weeks ago. Reason was that the other team scored and he was the last forward to make in back to the d-zone. Thing is, opposing team's defenceman was still behind Kessel so it wasn't as if Phil was the last person back into the Leafs zone.

Kessel may have his defensive struggles sometimes but Wilson picked the stupidest time to teach him a lesson. It's like when a dog ***** on the carpet, if you don't reprimand him/her moments after they do it, there's no point coming down on them the day after. Nothing is learned that way. Wilson is an idiot.

I get what you mean, basically it boils down to him being frustrated with the coach, and people not seeing that it's not Kessel's problem...that kinds sucks, lol

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
Karlsson was ridiculous in OT last night. Just dangle sauce all day.

Ya seemed like he played the entire OT.

Karlsson's a big time 4 on 4 asset IMO, and I think the coachs have realized this for a long time. 5 on 5 is a little too clogged for him to carry the puck and dangle like he did last night, not only is going to get better as he gets older...he's gonna get a little bigger too. Taking the puck through the neutral zone and into contact isn't gonna be the issue for him in a couple years that it is now. The vision of him striding through the neutral zone could be one of the more majestic sights in the game sometime down the road.

He doesn't get enough credit for being able to play in the league at his current size and age. It's silly, really. He's usually the most impressive skating/stick handling combo on the ice...when he grows a little he's gonna be able to show that more consistently.

I'd be surprised if there was a better raw skilled talent on the back end in the entire league.

Niv

Registered Hater
Sep 22, 2009
Ottawa
He's young, meaning he will make mistakes from time to time, but his dirty skill makes up for it by a lot. It's also amazing how clutch he is (look no further than any overtime he has played in, as well as last year's playoffs).

enviro61

Sep 12, 2006
Ottawa
You're not getting a 'Kadri appreciation thread' if that's what your after. ;)

hah that is exactly what I though when I saw the post. Always some hidden agenda with these Leaf fans or so we are conditioned to believe :)

Afro Thunder*

This kid is just a mother effing beast.

Can't wait for the Bigger Karlsson (Rundblad) and the big shutdown giant (Cowen) next season. :yo:

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
He's basically doing for us what Tobias Enstrom is doing for Atlanta, except he's 6 years younger and doesn't play on a good team.

Asquaredx2

Mar 10, 2008
Gah. Still disappointed he didn't get the hatty/can't get the credit for shutting down Crosby.

Still, testament to how good he is in and of itself. He's 5th in goals and tied for 10th in points for defencemen even though we suck as a team.

Afro Thunder*

Leads the team with icetime again with 26:16 minutes.

I don't give a **** if we will have too many kids next season on the blueline, but if they could play then they deserve the chance other than slow ass Kuba. This is the new NHL and this organization needs to realize it, youth and energy is where it's at.

MIZZA

Jun 29, 2004
Leads the team with icetime again with 26:16 minutes.

I don't give a **** if we will have too many kids next season on the blueline, but if they could play then they deserve the chance other than slow ass Kuba. This is the new NHL and this organization needs to realize it, youth and energy is where it's at.

While I agree its also important to develop the kids properly.

That being said imo Karlsson is the franchise player moving forward.

obsenssive*

this will his franchise in a few years.

sucks about the hatty.... we all knew he deserved it.

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
He's basically doing for us what Tobias Enstrom is doing for Atlanta, except he's 6 years younger and doesn't play on a good team.

Yeah and I got laughed at for suggesting Karlsson will probably be a better player than Enstrom some time down the road. If there's one player I've hyped the crap out of since day 1 it's Karlsson, I'm feeling pretty good about it right now, and I think there's still so much more for him to gain.

He may have the most raw skill among blue liners in the NHL, I don't think there's anyone that dazzles like Karlsson off the back end.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad