Speculation: Kaprizov Coming To US

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I think you got this in the wrong section of the forum bud.

Good to hear that it’s pretty much confirmed though.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
KHL season finishes early, if the Wild were to make the playoffs, he could join the team.

Yeah him coming over after he's done in Russia would be a really nice boost if we make the Cup finals.

Reactions: cgf and stl76

Hockeyfan200

Jun 15, 2019
OP: Kaprizov will absolutely be coming over following the 2019-20 season
Guerin: "I'm pretty confident. We had good discussions."

Guerin Is literally going over there in November. Kaprizov has been openly saying he wants to come over & his agent is from us. Guerin wouldn't be saying this of the deal to bring him over is not done.

Also Kaprizov literally hasn't renewed his contract which expires after the year in Russia. Also there's report, the team will have many people leave due to new ownership CSKA & the ownership can only afford paying players thousands of dollars.

Hockeyfan200

Jun 15, 2019
When you talk to Milstein, are you confident Kaprizov plans on signing with you guys and coming here next year?
I’m pretty confident. We’ve had good discussions. Dan and I have a good relationship, and there are no games being played, you know what I mean? We want him. He wants to come, but it’ll be a big culture shock. So we need to let him know that the transition’s going to be as comfortable as possible.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
When you talk to Milstein, are you confident Kaprizov plans on signing with you guys and coming here next year?
I’m pretty confident. We’ve had good discussions. Dan and I have a good relationship, and there are no games being played, you know what I mean? We want him. He wants to come, but it’ll be a big culture shock. So we need to let him know that the transition’s going to be as comfortable as possible.

I think it's still a little early to be saying "he's absolutely coming over next year" at this point, but yes you're right, it's looking really promising.

Mick Jagr

Nice guy, tries hard, loves the game.
Jul 11, 2009
Peterborough, ONT
twitter.com
Getting guys on ECL is the only way they'll be able to supplement their roster until Suter and Parise are retired and off the books. They shot themselves in the foot signing the Hobbit for that long too. Fletcher shoulda been fired before the draft and before UFA.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Getting guys on ECL is the only way they'll be able to supplement their roster until Suter and Parise are retired and off the books. They shot themselves in the foot signing the Hobbit for that long too. Fletcher shoulda been fired before the draft and before UFA.

This is a really hot take and I can specifically point out at least 3 errors if you'd like me to.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Who do you trust? A random person on a message board or a guy who looks like this

1hGTd6m.jpg
Shooter McGuerin

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota

:help:

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Guerin Is literally going over there in November. Kaprizov has been openly saying he wants to come over & his agent is from us. Guerin wouldn't be saying this of the deal to bring him over is not done.

Also Kaprizov literally hasn't renewed his contract which expires after the year in Russia. Also there's report, the team will have many people leave due to new ownership CSKA & the ownership can only afford paying players thousands of dollars.
And yet "literally" nothing about the situation has changed. The GM is planning his annual pilgrimage to Russia, all signs are pointing to Kaprizov playing in Minnesota next year, and nothing is done until it's done. This thread reads like a reaction to a point that nobody has made.

Reactions: Nsjohnson

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
I wouldnt put it at "absolutely" when dealing with the KHL. Given how corrupt the league is, he could get an under the table offer for like $15 million per year tax free. Id say chances are high hell come over, as has been speculated. But nothing with the KHL is normal

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
He's a better player now than few years ago.
He's a better player in the KHL than in the NHL, that's for certain, and it has everything to do with his playing style and nothing to do with the amount of time it's been since he last played in the NHL. He's not an effective NHL player.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
He's a better player in the KHL than in the NHL, that's for certain, and it has everything to do with his playing style and nothing to do with the amount of time it's been since he last played in the NHL. He's not an effective NHL player.

Sure, but he's also a better player in the KHL now than he was a couple years ago.

Becoming a better hockey player helps you adapt to the NHL, believe it or not. Not saying he'd come in and become a star, but you know what i mean.

Not like it would hurt the Wild to try it out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad