Thank You 59.
Feb 21, 2020
Scatbox
Blurst GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Love
Reactions: Gold Diamond

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
Thank goodness our long national nightmare is over.

edit, and make no mistake, being rid of Kapanen makes the Pens a better team on the ice, irrespective of cap hit. It doesn't make them good, but it makes them better.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zbynek

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Wish him all the best. Wasnt used very well here and it didnt work out. Happy that we got out of his complete cap hit.

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
Yeah. Good luck Kappy. Teased us with potential for a while, but while not really aided by Sully, he also certainly helped dig his own hole before he got truly dog-housed.

Now that he is gone, I suppose you just have to appreciate the increased cap-flexibility, as bad a case of asset management as this has been.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
I think Kapanen could be a decent specialty winger on the right team. There are not very many players left in the NHL with his lack of hockey sense though so the odds are sort of against him there in terms of finding a fit. It's amazing how much space he created with his speed in his first season with Pitt compared to the nothing he was able to do after that.

BillyOcean

Jan 2, 2015
I don't know why it was so difficult for Kapanen to adjust his game. Seriously, instead of going full speed into the offensive zone and then curling back and looking for a trailing defender, all he had to do was just keep going to the net. I feel like he scored at least 5 goals his first season after the trade doing that.

BusinessGoose

May 19, 2022
St. Louis
I don't know why it was so difficult for Kapanen to adjust his game. Seriously, instead of going full speed into the offensive zone and then curling back and looking for a trailing defender, all he had to do was just keep going to the net. I feel like he scored at least 5 goals his first season after the trade doing that.
The rest of the forwards get away with stopping at the blueline and chucking no look backhand passes to no one across the middle, and no Sully asks THEM to change their game...

Mario_is_BACK!!

ACK! ACK ACK! ACK!!!
Nov 29, 2003
Charleston, SC
www.caseandpointsports.com
Thank goodness our long national nightmare is over.

edit, and make no mistake, being rid of Kapanen makes the Pens a better team on the ice, irrespective of cap hit. It doesn't make them good, but it makes them better.

Probably because he’s not very good? He wasn’t very good with Matthews and Tavares. He wasn’t very good with Malkin and Crosby. He’s just not very good and no one wanted to give up anything for him?

Reactions: Factorial

Jobeycool

Jun 20, 2019
Kapanen has amazing skating abilities and you would think this kid is gonna put up over 30 plus goals.... just does not understand how to time it all together..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad