Value of: Kapanen offer sheet of $4.000M

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
If kap is willing to sign for 4, he doesn't make it to RFA. I'll drive to the arena to loan him a pen if necessary

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
A deal of Saarela/Kuokkanen/TVR + Car 1st/Buf 2nd/Nyr 2nd for Kapanen makes a boat load of sense for both teams

Could really see something like this over the summer. Kapanen seems to be exactly the type of guy RBA would want and the Canes have quite a bit of expendable futures plus 1 too many NHL RD.

I’d hate to see TVR go, but he’s a luxury really at this point on the 3rd pair. Not sure if he’d be the piece though, since he’ll be out for quite a while. Don’t see Faulk getting moved for a guy like Kapanen any more, even though I’d certainly be ok with that trade. Faulk is 2nd in ice time only to Slavin these playoffs and he’s played extremely well. He’s had quite the career revival this year. Part me still thinks either him or TVR are destined to get traded this summer, due to their contracts only having 1 more yr, but you never know. The D corps depth in CAR is a huge reason why they’re still playing.

CAR probably tries to poach a Kapanen or a guy like him with a Checker they won’t have room for plus one of their picks (1st 28-31 possible or 36/37OA). Mckeown plus their 1st?

I could also see a Faulk for Kadri the main pieces of a deal. Kadri also seems like a guy RBA would love. I’d do Faulk + Wallmark for Kadri quite easily, not sure if I’d add much more tho.

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
Could really see something like this over the summer. Kapanen seems to be exactly the type of guy RBA would want and the Canes have quite a bit of expendable futures plus 1 too many NHL RD.

I’d hate to see TVR go, but he’s a luxury really at this point on the 3rd pair. Not sure if he’d be the piece though, since he’ll be out for quite a while. Don’t see Faulk getting moved for a guy like Kapanen any more, even though I’d certainly be ok with that trade. Faulk is 2nd in ice time only to Slavin these playoffs and he’s played extremely well. He’s had quite the career revival this year. Part me still thinks either him or TVR are destined to get traded this summer, due to their contracts only having 1 more yr, but you never know. The D corps depth in CAR is a huge reason why they’re still playing.

CAR probably tries to poach a Kapanen or a guy like him with a Checker they won’t have room for plus one of their picks (1st 28-31 possible or 36/37OA). Mckeown plus their 1st?

I could also see a Faulk for Kadri the main pieces of a deal. Kadri also seems like a guy RBA would love. I’d do Faulk + Wallmark for Kadri quite easily, not sure if I’d add much more tho.

While probably fair the problem with say McKeown + 1st vs TVR+ Buf 2nd is that it essentially means that we're either counting on one of McKeown/ Liljegren in the top 4 and running both in the top 6, or that we have to find an additional RHD and one of them is relegated to pressbox duties.

Whereas TVR would be a ok stopgap partner for Rielly.

Kadri for Faulk+Wallmark would be close in principle (I'd gun for CAR 2nd or 3rd but that's besides the point) but I don't like it because we still wouldn't have room for Kap/AJ, and if we're going with budget wings on the 3rd line I'd rather Kadri than Wallmark.

There's a definitely a deal to be found though

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
at 4 million i trade him... not to say he wouldnt make that deal look cheap in a few years, but,
I think he should get a contract similar to what Hyman got, and if he wants more, he is trade bait.

it will not be an offer sheet though, they just dont happen. he will be a Leaf, or he will be traded.

My thoughts exactly

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad