Proposal: Kapanen + for Braun

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Great. Again Nylander doesn't even have a contract. Look at what Turris got when he was traded. A good prospect and a second. Granted he wasn't at Nylander's level but he was still a top young center. There is absolutely no way I give up Meier or Labanc for someone who doesn't have a contract.
Meier? Maybe not, but if you wouldn't trade Labanc for Nylander then you need to turn in your online GM license.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Meier? Maybe not, but if you wouldn't trade Labanc for Nylander then you need to turn in your online GM license.
I definitely think Nylander is better than Labanc. That’s not my issue. My issue is that I don’t know how Nylander will play with the Sharks and I don’t want his huge contract.

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
The leafs have groomed Kapanen and spent many years developing him properly. I don’t think he will be moved because his value should only grow from here on out.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
You are ok with paying a 45 pt W 5.625 million. You should be ok with paying a 60 pt winger $7m. And if "I don't know how a player will play on my team" was an actual thing, no trade would ever happen. Decisions don't come with guarantees. You gamble based on talent. Your rationale could be used to shoot down any trade:

I wouldn't trade Tyler Bozak for Logan Couture because I don't know how Couture will play on my team. (I picked those 2 because the difference in pts is similar- actually smaller- than the difference in points between Nylander and Labanc).

See how it kinda gets silly?

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I definitely think Nylander is better than Labanc. That’s not my issue. My issue is that I don’t know how Nylander will play with the Sharks and I don’t want his huge contract.

Go back and watch him play. It's not hard to find out and see what kind of player Nylander is and he's precisely what the Sharks need moving forward.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
You are ok with paying a 45 pt W 5.625 million. You should be ok with paying a 60 pt winger $7m. And if "I don't know how a player will play on my team" was an actual thing, no trade would ever happen. Decisions don't come with guarantees. You gamble based on talent. Your rationale could be used to shoot down any trade:

I wouldn't trade Tyler Bozak for Logan Couture because I don't know how Couture will play on my team. (I picked those 2 because the difference in pts is similar- actually smaller- than the difference in points between Nylander and Labanc).

See how it kinda gets silly?
Hell yeah im okay with paying Hertl 5.625. He brings so much more than points. Something that we can’t surely say about Nylander.

Reactions: Baksfamous112

canucklehead44

Jun 28, 2015
Hell yeah im okay with paying Hertl 5.625. He brings so much more than points. Something that we can’t surely say about Nylander.

The way I see it Nylander does much more for the Sharks than the Leafs, Braun does much more for the Leafs than the Sharks, and LeBlanc is a solid replacement player who helps balance the Leafs cap situation (fills a top 6 role - likely signs for 2.5 less than Nylander - gives Toronto Space to improve D)

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
I dont think the Sharks move Braun until they know whether Karlsson re-signs, and that cannot officially happen until after the TDL.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
nylander brings dual positioning, is great at zone entries and is one of the best neutral zone players in the league. And although his defence isnt anything special, hes very responsible with the puck while creating turnovers. Hes all over the ice in a manner which is more then just points as well.

Mar 26, 2010
No f***ing way! I would not trade Kapanen alone for Braun. Not even close!

Kapanen is way better and more valuable to any team. He is a top 6 forward.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
Sharks should have taken that deal when they had the chance, now Kapanen is getting to being a top player and worth way more

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Leaf fans are forgetting something. Kapanen is only a top 6 because Nylander doesn't have a contract. If Nylander did, the top 2 lines were set, and Kapanen would have been fighting to be on the 3rd or 4th line. It's not like he won the job over Nylander.
No one has forgotten that. He is not currently on the first line. Marner is there.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Remember folks, Kapanen is a career 2 goal per game player in games that involve the San Jose Sharks. Extrapolating that, can you just imagine how amazing he would be playing for the Sharks? He'd have all the awards in the bag before the season even started.

BrentH

Jan 6, 2009
Leaf fans are forgetting something. Kapanen is only a top 6 because Nylander doesn't have a contract. If Nylander did, the top 2 lines were set, and Kapanen would have been fighting to be on the 3rd or 4th line. It's not like he won the job over Nylander.

I think a fan of any team that has watches Leafs games, would agree Kapanen was given an opportunity,,, they should also agree he has used that opportunity to show what he is capable of with or without Matthews. He was always a sleeper and paid his dues last couple years on the Pk and bottom 9 but many Leaf fans and hockey fans believed in his talents. Players in the first round typically get a free ride to top9,,, just because Kapanen didn't doesn't take anything away from him. Not all Leaf fans are ignorant of player evaluation and team structures. We see sleepers on other teams too. As for Nylander,,, he's a sniper, very talented.. maybe a Laine light but same attitude. No one that has watched Kapanen evolve and prove himself this year can take anything away from him. This actually creates a new problem for the Leafs because his value is quickly rising,, too quickly!

Reactions: bukwas

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad