Confirmed with Link: Kap files for salary arbitration, still has no idea what he's doing in any zone

Will Kapanen and the Pens reach an agreement before arbitration?

• Sure

Votes: 34 34.7%
  • No

Votes: 10 10.2%
  • Sign and trade! Sign and trade!

Votes: 8 8.2%
  • Ron Sleepy Hextall says "Relax"

Votes: 11 11.2%
  • I'm annoyed he's still here

Votes: 12 12.2%
  • WHY IS HE STILL HERE??!?

Votes: 19 19.4%
  • I thought we had a done deal, man.

Votes: 4 4.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
i think you might be under selling the guy a little. he seems to just have a big mental block. then he started to overthink everything and that only got worse as the year went on. seen it happen to some very smart guy's
So he's actually a genius then?

I love this place.

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Those dudes were able to excel because they're smart players, particularly Dupuis, imo. Kap's like a better Rico Fata. :laugh: All the tools to succeed but squirrel-brained.

This.

I wish Kapanen was as good offensively as Dupuis, or as good defensively as either Hagelin or Dupuis.

Kapanen just flat out sucks, unless he wants to reinvent his game as a high quality checking forward, which I don't know if he has the hockey sense or desire to do.

I think the thing that makes me so annoyed with Kap is that he has the tools to be a really good, specialized player. He's just a f***ing dummy, and looks like he's a prospect trying to settle himself down and figure things out ad infinitum. Also, the coach refuses to use him as a Grabner-lite on the PK--which is bewildering, and aggravating, because it's like half of Kap's usefulness right out the window. :laugh:

The thing that makes me so annoyed with Kapanen is that we could have drafted Pastrnak instead. :facepalm:

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
This.

I wish Kapanen was as good offensively as Dupuis, or as good defensively as either Hagelin or Dupuis.

Kapanen just flat out sucks, unless he wants to reinvent his game as a high quality checking forward, which I don't know if he has the hockey sense or desire to do.

The thing that makes me so annoyed with Kapanen is that we could have drafted Pastrnak instead. :facepalm:
Don't even bother with the "we could've drafted" stuff, you'll go nuts. :laugh: There's probably two or three instances per draft in the entirety of the era following the drafting of Sid and Geno that you can be like "shit, well, missed out on that all-star player". :laugh:

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Let’s hope so, and we better be in on some excellent top six forward… lol

Well I'm fine to move Kapanen for a 3rd round pick, or if there's a team who's willing to take McGinn or Zucker and Kapanen is the "sweetener".

I could see a team like CHI or SEA being a good fit here, because McGinn is a solid player for a non-contending team, and both Kap and McGinn (or a healthy Zucker with retention) would be good deadline trade candidates that those teams could flip at the deadline.

Either way, there's DEFINITELY a lot more to this story.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Closed now that hes signed.

cry-crying.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad