Post-Game Talk: kangz @ copz 7:07pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
We outplayed the Kings in this game. Unfortunately their AHL goalie played better than ours.
Did Vanecek even make one good save this game. The Kings didn't have a lot of chances. They may have had more goals than scoring chances.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
We outplayed the Kings in this game. Unfortunately their AHL goalie played better than ours.
Did Vanecek even make one good save this game. The Kings didn't have a lot of chances. They may have had more goals than scoring chances.
Agree. But you can't go -1 for 6 on PP and expect to win, even when you're better 5 on 5.

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
This stuff is going to happen. But maddening to see it! We can’t lose any more players and continue to field a team. We have Philly and Isles before the break. Those should be moved.

Reactions: Calicaps

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
Haha. Alan May now talking about putting OV in front of the net in the bumper spot (JC74 in the office and Orlov up top).

ClevelandCapsfan

May 24, 2021
I think these guys could beat the Caps right now.
AABE6B2B-41CE-46F3-B2C4-5DF92FE4F5D1.jpeg

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

traparatus

Oct 19, 2012
McMichael has 6:18 TOI tonight in a game where he has been excellent.

I don’t think Laviolette is doling out ice time based on merit!

I just don't get it. Usually, when a young payer is getting benched, it's due to poor defensive play or lack of attention to detail. I just don't see it. That line looked fine. They scored to begin the game and then got benched for the rest of it. How the **** does that make any sense?

Ovechkin played 27 minutes this game and wasn't particularly good either. Played 10 minutes on the power play. That worked well.

ClevelandCapsfan

May 24, 2021
This stuff is going to happen. But maddening to see it! We can’t lose any more players and continue to field a team. We have Philly and Isles before the break. Those should be moved.
Bad to head into several cancellations on a bad home loss.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Well that’s game. People can talk all about effort, holding a lead, Vanacek, etc. Make no mistake about it, this loss falls squarely on the PP. It has consistently been a momentum killer for the Caps. It is fundamentally, systemically a flawed PP run by an amateur one trick pony. It’s beating a dead horse at this juncture to point out how static it is. I would venture to say that PKs expend less energy against us when we have puck possession than most other PPs. Moving skates, moving the puck quickly fatigues opponents physically and mentally. It’s an important part of breaking down a PK. And even if a goal isn’t scored it has the indirect effect of making opponents fear our PP just a little, which in turn can open up some space 5 on 5. As it is now, if I was an opponent, I would clutch, grab, slash, whatever is needed to disrupt us with little fear of paying for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad