Kane vs Yakupov

Status
Not open for further replies.

spacemanatee

May 18, 2014
Yak should be cheaper and I think he'd do well with Barky or Jugs as his C.

i don't think yak would be cheaper at all. former 1st overall pick and edmonton don't have to trade yak where as kane has to be moved with the current situation in winnipeg

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Which one can you picture being a Stanley Cup Champion one day:

E. Kane, Yakupov or Eberle

And then trade for that guy.

Big Bjugs

Amat Victoria Curam
Jan 9, 2013
Canada Eh
Since you're serious about hoping, then worry not my friend.

With Evander Kane, you already have a great idea of what you're getting. I'm not ruling out that he doesn't have the ability to produce more, but we've likely seen the best of Kane. On the other hand, Yapukov oozes talent, but isn't showing that he can put up solid numbers right now. Fans might think it's the old, change of environment that could help Yapukov be in a situation where his skills could shine.

Niederreiter had 3 points total in 64 games with the Isles. Only 2 goals. Then in 133 games with the Wild, he had 61 points, 30 goals and he's still only 22. All pure speculation. Imo, the attitude stuff is going to scare Tallon away from the Kane situation.

Kane hitting 30 goals, shows you he already has the tools. Yakupov is strongly leaning towards being a bust. He's too small and his hockey sense is terrible. His skill is very few and far from.

As for Nino, he just couldn't keep up with the NHL until some serious conditioning. Apples and oranges there.

I hope we're not the team that gets greased on Yakupov.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
In the end I think this is pretty moot conversation at least regarding Kane, like others have said before there is probably zero chance DT would go after him. Yakupov maybe but Kane, no. After all the things Viola along with Tallon have said about building a team around guys who want to be here and getting character guys etc. it would be just doing completely the opposite.

edit

Not sure if this has been posted somewhere but a good article by Friedman quoting Kane's ex-teammates, coaches and managers. Gives a bit more perspective what might have caused problems with him and his team.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/why-fiercely-independent-kane-must-change-ways/

Last edited:

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
yeah, that was a thing of beauty. Imagine Barkov feeding him those passes :amazed:

Yep, Yak can turn it around. He just needs to get out of Edmonton. Kane will be much more expensive to acquire, is injury prone, and has too many issues. Yak ainec.

i don't think yak would be cheaper at all. former 1st overall pick and edmonton don't have to trade yak where as kane has to be moved with the current situation in winnipeg

Winnipeg wants 3 1sts for Kane. Yak will be cheaper.

Which one can you picture being a Stanley Cup Champion one day:

E. Kane, Yakupov or Eberle

And then trade for that guy.

Eberle will be way too expensive. Tallon won't pay the price.

Last edited by a moderator:

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL
In the end I think this is pretty moot conversation at least regarding Kane, like others have said before there is probably zero chance DT would go after him. Yakupov maybe but Kane, no. After all the things Viola along with Tallon have said about building a team around guys who want to be here and getting character guys etc. it would be just doing completely the opposite.

edit

Not sure if this has been posted somewhere but a good article by Friedman quoting Kane's ex-teammates, coaches and managers. Gives a bit more perspective what might have caused problems with him and his team.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/why-fiercely-independent-kane-must-change-ways/

Interesting read. I'd like to believe he'll be a different guy if he came to Florida, but I can't. Six years is a long time and you can build a lot of bad habits that are tough to shake.

Juggernaut27

#CatsHasCupNow?
Apr 29, 2014
Vancouver
Winnipeg wants 3 1sts for Kane. Yak will be cheaper.

:laugh: The guy had one 30 goal season. Crazy. I don't see anyone giving that sort of package up anytime soon.

I haven't heard any reliable valuations on Yak lately, if he's even on the block, but I am pretty sure it's something a little more reasonable.

FLpanthers16

#CatsAreComing
Jan 30, 2014
Yak all day long..

Kid has so much talent that its crazy. Watch him leave Edmonton and score 30 goals on a regular.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
yeah but they won't get him traded for that price. no one will pay them that and i promise you when it's all said and done, kane will be traded for much much less than 3 1st.

Oh yeah :sarcasm:
That's three firsts (Myers, Armia, low 2015) and 2nd rounder (Lemieux) and a UFA. Nice fleece by the Jets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad