Kane vs Yakupov

Status
Not open for further replies.

gudzilla

Aug 9, 2012
im 100% sure this forum wouldnt have wanted bobby hull in his prime because he beat his wife

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL
im 100% sure this forum wouldnt have wanted bobby hull in his prime because he beat his wife

Is this sarcasm? I don't want a guy who does that anywhere near my team, no matter how good he is. That's unacceptable behavior from a grown man.

Aksu

all hail Barky
Nov 10, 2013
Florida
Is this sarcasm? I don't want a guy who does that anywhere near my team, no matter how good he is. That's unacceptable behavior from a grown man.

Agreed. Its not right to do **** like that. I dont have any respect for players or any human being who does **** like that. Also it wouldnt be good for the team at all, imagine sitting next to a wifebeater in the locker room, would be really awkward.

spacemanatee

May 18, 2014
seems like alot of guys who's been changing their minds regarding eberle. i'm not AS high on him now as i was a few months back.

when we played the oilers i was lurking their board and someone wrote something along the lines of that;eberle is like short-hand for everything that is wrong with the oilers

and that thankfully this doesn't seem to be that known yet, so if eberle can score a decent amount the rest of the way, they might be able to get something decent back for him lol

he called perron twice the player eberle is. the thing is that no one really argured with this guy either. or at least i don't think they did. anyways;
eberle would help our team but i'm not sure how much and at what cost?

Last edited:

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
I would only want to see Yak in a Panthers Jersey if he came at a reclamation project price and he is allowed to be Yak and concentrate on scoring goals. If he gets picked up just to get hounded about his lack of defense or is made to primarily work on his defensive game then no thanks.

I'd rather just see DT go after Kane in the offseason.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
seems like alot of guys who's been changing their minds regarding eberle.
when we played the oilers i was lurking their board and someone wrote something along the lines of;

that eberle is like short-hand for everything that is wrong with the oilers

and that thankfully this doesn't seem to be that known yet, so if eberle can score a decent amount the rest of the way, they might be able to get something decent back for him lol

they called perron twice the player eberle is.
eberle would help our team but i'm not sure how much and at what cost?

That's been my feeling on it too. With how bad the Oilers are it seems like Hall RNH and Eblere are apart of a rotten core sweet with the brass. Honestly people overblow Kane's off ice issues but really don't want the current attitude of Eberle/Hall/RNH in the room.

Yak is still young enough to change that culture, but he will be a project maybe 2-3 years before he really meets the expectations of 1st OV.

spacemanatee

May 18, 2014
That's been my feeling on it too. With how bad the Oilers are it seems like Hall RNH and Eblere are apart of a rotten core sweet with the brass. Honestly people overblow Kane's off ice issues but really don't want the current attitude of Eberle/Hall/RNH in the room.

yeah i havn't even thought about that but now i got a little upset haha

kane is a little cocky and likes to have fun outside the rink but on the ice it's a totally different story where he plays with alot of passion and fire.

hall/eberle however, has a loser mentality and total lack off (here we go) #character on the ice. if they're down, they're staying down plus it seems to rub off on the other players on their team.

remember when ference called them out? i think that's way worse than having a money-phone!

SadPantherSince93

Oct 12, 2014
Would love Florida to find a way to take a stab at Yakupov. Maybe a change of scenery guy. Id hate to trade Bjugstadt,Gudbranson,Huberdeau,Barkov for him. Maybe Matheson? Any amount of draft picks. Doubt edm would want anyone but Gudbranson but Id loathe to move him for a project.

flpanthers10

NHL to LAS VEGAS
Dec 24, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
I want Yak and think the change of scenery will do wonders for him. I think he could be had cheap and we would probably only have to part with some defense while the Jets will probably want more offense coming back for Kane. I've been watching lots of Oilers game lately and daddy likes what he see's :nod:

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Yakupov just ripped a one-time bomb on the powerplay vs the Devils. Pretty nice shot.. Hmm, could there be more where that came from?

mbitonti

Sep 30, 2013
Tough question between Kane and Yak. I still think Yak has potential to become a superstar if he gets out of Edmonton sooner rather than later, but Kane is more established at this point and can play at least some defense. The real question is would we rather have a big power forward who can shoot well or a pure goal scorer w/ potential to pot 40 in his prime. Personally, I'd rather get that sniper for Barkov's wing. Unfortunately, I think Yak would cost one of the core, which I refuse to part with for either of these guys. I'd rather trade some pieces for Sharp in the offseason.

gudzilla

Aug 9, 2012
kane is basically what yakupov seems to become as best as of now, a 30+30 player (ok, kane isnt that atm, but he's shown he can) withought a flight risk and gritty as ****

also, i understand this franchises fans are never happy when they have to be A+ personalities aswell as A+ scorers, defensive players etc

Big Bjugs

Amat Victoria Curam
Jan 9, 2013
Canada Eh
Yakupov just ripped a one-time bomb on the powerplay vs the Devils. Pretty nice shot.. Hmm, could there be more where that came from?

I seriously hope you're not basing your projections off of one game, precisely, one shot?

If thats the case, we shouldn't change a thing. That 6th goal and -27 is amazing. Fits perfectly into our plans. Next Bure for sure.

FlaPantherSwe*

I seriously hope you're not basing your projections off of one game, precisely, one shot?

If thats the case, we shouldn't change a thing. That 6th goal and -27 is amazing. Fits perfectly into our plans. Next Bure for sure.

Put Bjugstad in Edmonton and it would have been the same or worse. Edmonton is a tire fire for young talent.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida

Since you're serious about hoping, then worry not my friend.

With Evander Kane, you already have a great idea of what you're getting. I'm not ruling out that he doesn't have the ability to produce more, but we've likely seen the best of Kane. On the other hand, Yapukov oozes talent, but isn't showing that he can put up solid numbers right now. Fans might think it's the old, change of environment that could help Yapukov be in a situation where his skills could shine.

Niederreiter had 3 points total in 64 games with the Isles. Only 2 goals. Then in 133 games with the Wild, he had 61 points, 30 goals and he's still only 22. All pure speculation. Imo, the attitude stuff is going to scare Tallon away from the Kane situation.

Juggernaut27

#CatsHasCupNow?
Apr 29, 2014
Vancouver
Haven't liked Kane since his days in the WHL. Talented, for sure, but just exudes arrogance and 'me first' attitude. Whatever the opposite of leadership is.

Have to work hard to make me dislike a hometown guy, so at least he's got the work ethic...

Yak should be cheaper and I think he'd do well with Barky or Jugs as his C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad