Kane vs Yakupov

Status
Not open for further replies.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Which will player would you prefer Tallon went after.

Kane: A talented but injury prone winger who has a supposed attitude problem. Signed for just over $5m, for I believe another 4 years (could just be 3). Damn CapGeek going down. :(

Yakupov - A 1st overall who has struggled to meet expectations. A good sniper, but suspect defensively. Currently on an ELC, and will be a RFA. Because he's Russian there is always that fear he will bolt off to the KHL. Although Yakupov has never indicated this, and considering the mess the ruble is in, this seems unlikely.

I think if we get them for the same value, then I would actually go for Yakupov. But I think Kane would cheaper, and thus more attainable for what we would be willing to give up.

So what do you think, taking everything into consideration.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
Whoever is the cheapest of the two. Id take either one TBH, but I would like to take on Yakupov, mainly because he is loaded with talent.

UMMMM Eberle hands down over EKane now with his problem. But, still EKane over Yak. I think Yak might be broken on the ice.

I want Eberle as well, been that way for a while now, but he would cost more than both of them. If Tallon is going to go after a forward who has years left before they reach UFA status, I think its going to be Kane or Yak, unless he goes after Sharp in the offseason.

Last edited by a moderator:

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
I'd take on each in a heartbeat but Kane would be the least to worry about. Yak would be a bigger project to un-Edmonton him and get him to be at least serviceable defensively.

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
I think Yakupov has more upside than Kane. So I'd go with the upside and the risk involve. We need a trade that pays off big time to elevate this franchise.

Aksu

all hail Barky
Nov 10, 2013
Florida
This is a tough one. Kane would probably immediately start producing, whereas Yak could be a project for us. I want Eberle the most but if Id have to choose between EK9 and Yak, Id say EK9.

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
id prefer Yak.. Kids super talented and Kane off ice stuff bothers me for the price.. Again russian factor doesn't worry me. And i tend to overvalue potential so whatevs

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Eberle :naughty:
Kane
Yak

Eberle is #1 due to being a scoring RW that has shown that he can put up good point totals in this league.

Kane is next because he has shown that he can score goals. Also, with his speed, looks like he could fit into Gallants system well.

Yak is last, not because he is a bad player, but because of the question marks that surround him. Had a good rookie year followed up by lackluster seasons. Can he do well in Gallants N-S style of play? I don't think he's a Radulov flight risk guy, but if he doesn't click right away, and gets scratched by Gallant... how does he respond?

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
Rather have Yak, due to the off ice issues with Kane. I don't think neither one would become this offensive answer that people think they will become if they're traded here (I mean, of all places, here? That's where they are going to find their offensive game?). But at least you don't have the off ice issues with Yak. If you could get either one without a high price (no young core piece, plus no Trocheck/Grimaldi/Petro/Howden/1st round pick) I'll would be ok with that. Otherwise, no.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Rather have Yak, due to the off ice issues with Kane. I don't think neither one would become this offensive answer that people think they will become if they're traded here (I mean, of all places, here? That's where they are going to find their offensive game?). But at least you don't have the off ice issues with Yak. If you could get either one without a high price (no young core piece, plus no Trocheck/Grimaldi/Petro/Howden/1st round pick) I'll would be ok with that. Otherwise, no.

You wouldn't give up these guys for Yak? I would for sure. Petro has done ok but projects to be a bottom pairing Dman. Howden a 3rd line winger. Grimaldi still a few question marks about him.

I really like Trocheck but I have my doubts about him playing wing. If he can't convert, then I would be open to moving him as well.

edit. moving Trocheck would really suck.

gudzilla

Aug 9, 2012
question is if edmonton needs another center? they have RNH, draisatl etc

but yeah, trocheck will have to go, but idk why they would trade quality for quantity

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Imo, when Yakupov slows his game down a bit and gets his timing right, he could become pretty effective. I've watched a few Oilers games this season and he looked lost most of the time. The talent is there, it's obvious, but he's not feeling it and Edmonton is in a rut. Like Brandon Pirri says, you look good you play good both on and off the ice. :sarcasm:

Eberle - Best option, kid seems like a winner with that killer instinct factor this team desperately needs. Creativity is great. Get him please.
Yakupov
Kane

I'm a little afraid we might have already seen Kane's ceiling.

CanadianPantherFan

Cats are Here!
Jun 6, 2004
Calgary
Whoever is the cheapest of the two. Id take either one TBH, but I would like to take on Yakupov, mainly because he is loaded with talent.

I want Eberle as well, been that way for a while now, but he would cost more than both of them. If Tallon is going to go after a forward who has years left before they reach UFA status, I think its going to be Kane or Yak, unless he goes after Sharp in the offseason.

You and I have been on the same page for awhile on this front, longer than most.

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL
If I have to choose between the two of them I would choose Yak. Kane's locker room issues and off ice issues would be a problem with this team.

Big Buff threw his track suit into the shower because he showed up for a meeting dressed in one. Kane then leaves, misses the game, and suddenly needs shoulder surgery.

No thanks Evander.

CanadianPantherFan

Cats are Here!
Jun 6, 2004
Calgary
If I have to choose between the two of them I would choose Yak. Kane's locker room issues and off ice issues would be a problem with this team.

Big Buff threw his track suit into the shower because he showed up for a meeting dressed in one. Kane then leaves, misses the game, and suddenly needs shoulder surgery.

No thanks Evander.

Do people remember how Bure got to FLA? I'm quite certain laces were cut, shaving cream in his expensive Gucci shoes etc. only difference was EKane story got out to the masses. Just like Ray Rice. Other past NFL players have beat their gfs/wives... this one was caught on video.

Cats2TheCup

Oct 27, 2011
Miami, Fl
We have enough unproven talent on this team. Adding Yakupov would simply be adding more to that pile. I'd rather take a gamble on the proven scorer in Kane. We could use a talented scorer with a chip on his shoulder.

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL
Do people remember how Bure got to FLA? I'm quite certain laces were cut, shaving cream in his expensive Gucci shoes etc. only difference was EKane story got out to the masses. Just like Ray Rice. Other past NFL players have beat their gfs/wives... this one was caught on video.

So, that makes it okay? Bure was exciting but the team went to one post season with him - eliminated in the first round if I remember correctly.

I'm greedy! I want more than 1 visit to the playoffs with this core!

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle

The off ice issues are one thing but for what's even more concerning are his injuries. Hard to see him being less injured in the future and I can see them affecting his style of play a lot. How effective will he be in the future? That's a huge question mark for me.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
You wouldn't give up these guys for Yak? I would for sure. Petro has done ok but projects to be a bottom pairing Dman. Howden a 3rd line winger. Grimaldi still a few question marks about him.

I really like Trocheck but I have my doubts about him playing wing. If he can't convert, then I would be open to moving him as well.

edit. moving Trocheck would really suck.
Well, yeah, but Yak hasn't exactly set the world on fire. All these guys are potential. The devil you know...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad