Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
1000006449.jpg

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Why would you move Raymond? Hasn't DeBrincat been on the 2nd line? I think you would want to reignite that chemistry between the two of them.

Kane and Cat on the 2nd line with Compher? Fabbri and Raymond with Larkin?

Yeah, I'd be fine with that too. One way or another I'd like to see DeBrincat and Kane together, as we know they have chemistry. I like Fabbri in the top 6 when he's healthy, hopefully he can stay healthy.

Reactions: WingsToPick4th

raymond23

Go Griffs Go
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
Imagine he ends up being good and we win a cup with him.

Boy would I love that considering my girlfriend cheated on me two and a half months ago and have been really going through it… immensly depressed and crushed.

This did put a smile on my face briefly, so thank you Patty Kane

I had a similar experience about a year and a half ago. Took me about 9 months to feel remotely human again. Words can't describe how hard it was. I'm glad I stuck around though, I found myself through the experience

I know I'm a random dude but if you need an ear please feel free to message me... its gonna sting for a while but I promise it gets better, even though it probably feels impossible right now

I feel for you

stillwater

cellar door
Mar 17, 2011
Even if this signing doesn't result into much. I think it's a good signing because this will send a message to free agents and potential trade targets in the future that you wanna come to Detroit.

Difficult to believe that's an issue when half the lineup they're icing every night came to Detroit as free agents.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
At first there was these Michigan-guys who did join a single Michigan-native Larkin. Now it could rest from USA hockey. The floodgates are open.

Yzerplan seems to creating "Team Michigan University Ann Arbor NTDP Red Wings Wolverines" :)

Isn't that how it goes?

Almost every American has some connections to Michigan hockey ? If they aren't Michigan natives, they come from elsewhere and will join those good Universities or best go to NTDP.

I've always seen this as a big factor, when the USA Hockey grows, and overtakes Canada, so when the headquarters are located at Ann Arbor, it will some day become a Red Wings Gold mine.

Reactions: RED WINGS STOMP

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
I had a similar experience about a year and a half ago. Took me about 9 months to feel remotely human again. Words can't describe how hard it was. I'm glad I stuck around though, I found myself through the experience

I know I'm a random dude but if you need an ear please feel free to message me... its gonna sting for a while but I promise it gets better, even though it probably feels impossible right now

I feel for you
Appreciate it. Starting to think there’s no one out there. You’d be amazed how much I did for that women. I guess I’m toxic, or maybe naive enough to think it was going to be fixed because she was in my bed a week and half ago and we bought tickets to the Sharks game coming up.

Yep.

Anyways don’t mean to go off topic, boys. Sorry.

Interesting to see how much and when he’ll be ready to go.

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
Going to post this with caution since I know I'll get "SoUrCE?!?!" again:
Nobody should think this is for just one year. Even if Detroit ends up a seller at the deadline. He will stay, unless the relationship sours.

The one year is 100% to protect Detroit against the hip. He’ll sign another deal, assuming there’s no “Backstrom Effect” early on. It’s his intention to finish his career in Detroit.

This has been in the works since mid September when Detroit told Kane they had interest. Kane is who originally made it clear he wanted Detroit, prior to that. For the Red Wings, it has always been about his medicals. The contract says those are still a concern.

I’ve mentioned on here, more than a few times, about how Debrincat accidentally let the cat out of the bag during an NHL Network interview early in the season. When after being asked about Kane, he started smiling (almost laughing) and then hid his face in his hands. He already knew then. Not sure Kane ever truly considered anyone else.

The only bump in the road, has been Detroit still being concerned over his hip.

Anything about anyone else other than Buffalo and Vegas, was likely just a myth. Including the Florida thing. That was just Florida leaking to a former goalie in the media, about their big interest. He also never considered the Rangers at all, after his surgery. That was told to me 2-3 months ago by a former agent, who still works for an NHL team, who I’ve known since the Peterborough days. It’s why people should’ve given that tweet, about 2 weeks ago from Neil Smith, way more attention.

The ONLY 3 teams who asked for post-injury evaluations from the 3rd parties, was Vegas, Buffalo and Detroit. All of those scouts/evaluators believed it was gonna be Detroit. As I’ve said many times on here, sometimes that’s just teams doing due diligence. That evaluators and external scouts are fans at heart too. They just happen to do business with NHL teams. Doesn’t mean it’s any inside information, but many times you at least know which teams may be interested in certain players, more than others. The Islanders are the only team who doesn’t do business with these firms. Probably because Lou hates anyone knowing what he’s up to.

Everyone has said Detroit throughout the last 2-3 months. Whether other teams actually offered contracts? Who knows. Fact is, every single report from a reputable source, saying, “watch out for Detroit”, was because Detroit was the team doing the most due diligence behind the scenes….

Euro Twins

Healthy Scratch
Mar 19, 2016
I did not want him in Detroit. EVER

Now that he is a wing, I can honestly say I still do not like him but man am I ever pumped. This is the injection the wings need.

They've already been playing with way more swagger this year, and if Kane can be a ppg player that gives us a real playoff chance. Hopefully he can keep pace with our team and the forecheck.

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
Low risk, really high reward.

He played at an almost 70 point pace in CHicago last year, on a bad team, with his hip bugging him. The real question is does the surgery help him get his wheels back or will e be worse off than last year?

The wings might have just added a 70-80 point winger...
Kane playing in a wheelchair would have more mobility than Perron. And Perron still manages to produce some offense.

Reactions: Sentinel and Henkka

Nut Upstrom

You dirty dog!
Dec 18, 2010
Florida
Most exciting player to wear the Winged Wheel since Pavel retired. This is awesome
Did you not watch any Rangers games he played last year or catch any Nick Backstrom games this year? The only people who should be excited by this are local douche bag frat boys who are getting to be represented by one of their own on the Red Wings.

Most exciting day in Detroit sports since the Lions hired that rapist as their head coach.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Did you not watch any Rangers games he played last year or catch any Nick Backstrom games this year? The only people who should be excited by this are local douche bag frat boys who are getting to be represented by one of their own on the Red Wings.

Have you seen Kane skating?

I think MOD, and Yzerman knows the condition 100% right.

Because that's why he is signed. As a "next Bäckström", they'll never make this move.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: TheOne

Nut Upstrom

You dirty dog!
Dec 18, 2010
Florida
Have you seen Kane skating?

I think MOD, and Yzerman knows the condition 100% right.

Because that's why he is signed. As a "next Bäckström", they'll never make this move.
We'll see. I'd like to say, "I hope you're right," But I don't.

Last edited by a moderator:

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
Low risk, really high reward.

He played at an almost 70 point pace in CHicago last year, on a bad team, with his hip bugging him. The real question is does the surgery help him get his wheels back or will e be worse off than last year?

The wings might have just added a 70-80 point winger...
I'm hoping he's 'pain free' when he suits up...Sure - he may not have the same wheels he had 10 years ago, but I'm thinking his hands and creativity is still there...70-80 pts is certainly a possibility for an 82 game season.

With this move - I'm certain Yzerman has the playoffs in mind...APRIL IN THE 'D'!

Reactions: Ricelund

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad