Confirmed with Link: Kane to Detroit

stillwater

cellar door
Mar 17, 2011
Assuming the Wings have not gone to New York yet, I guess there'd be a press conference will at least Stevie reasonably early today.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Low risk, really high reward.

He played at an almost 70 point pace in CHicago last year, on a bad team, with his hip bugging him. The real question is does the surgery help him get his wheels back or will e be worse off than last year?

The wings might have just added a 70-80 point winger...

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
Is it because we have cap space and it's only one year so if we suck he can prove himself then go somewhere else while still making the max he could?

Reactions: Detroit Knights

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Low risk, really high reward.

He played at an almost 70 point pace in CHicago last year, on a bad team, with his hip bugging him. The real question is does the surgery help him get his wheels back or will e be worse off than last year?

The wings might have just added a 70-80 point winger...

Yeah... but it's interesting how things will go.

Yzerman HAD TO BOLSTER the roster at summer to make this happen. We had to be good, noh meh anymore, to get Kane joining.

He does not want to join a bad team, like he did avoid Buffalo, because they are worse. We won the race.

Kane does see us as a contender, after he will bring his own impact.

Everything cumulates, when you just say no for being bad, and start building a real hockeyteam. The Yzerplan. Build a winning hockey team, and people will join.

This was very interesting from Emily Kaplan:

"After meeting with several teams, I'm told Kane was very impressed with Detroit's coach Derek Lalonde X's and O's hockey acumen and vision for Detroit."

Reactions: Sentinel

better Red than Dead

Apr 23, 2021
Usually when I have a burning hate for a player, it’s because they’re effective at hiring my favorite team. Ergo whe said player joins my team, the hatred goes away because now he’s using that effectiveness I hated to help my team. In short, how could you not like this move
No matter your feelings for Kane yesterday?

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Is Kanes first game in a Red Wings uniform going to be against the Blackhawks?
Doubt he'll be ready to go by Thursday, but man would that be a fun storyline.

Man I wanted 3 years! I'll gamble on Kane.
If it works and he gels, Yzerman will likely extend him for a couple. If it doesn't work, and we completely fall out of the playoff picture by the deadline, we flip him for a first. Win-win scenario here in my books.

Plus it's just funny that Chicago fanboys will have to see Kane in a Wings jersey...

I wonder what Kane gets Sprong to get #88??

lazybones

May 12, 2023
His next deal would be considered a 35+ deal so that would make it easier for a lot of teams to fit it in (including Detroit if they wanted to extend)

Christien

May 1, 2010
I am stoked about this one! There's nothing to lose with the 1-year contract. He'll be great for a young guy like Raymond and could help the young core.

Reactions: raymond23

raymond23

Go Griffs Go
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
Wow, I didn't think we had a chance

We're definitely relevant - the quote about Kane liking Lalonde's system was encouraging too

Interested to see what the lines will look like

Reactions: Henkka

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
Imagine he ends up being good and we win a cup with him.

Boy would I love that considering my girlfriend cheated on me two and a half months ago and have been really going through it… immensly depressed and crushed.

This did put a smile on my face briefly, so thank you Patty Kane

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
What did he sign for $$$$$

Still don't know, but everything under 4.2M caphit number would work pretty well with becoming Seider+Raymond ELC bonuses. Both will get 850k extra almost 99% sure, and we need to leave 1.7M space for that (avoid them to slide on next year's cap).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad