Kane this season vs McDavid last season

Kane this season vs McDavid last season

• Kane

• McDavid

Results are only viewable after voting.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
That's really only because of how horrible the race for the WC2 spot is. His scoring is impressive, but if he gets the Hart because his team finishes with like 85 points and sneaks into the playoffs, it'll be kind of ugh if Kucherov outscores him by a good margin.

I wouldn't have a problem with Kane taking the Hart, well deserved performance at the moment.

Reactions: bobbydigital

Jack Skellington

Sep 29, 2017
Honestly, McDavid is becoming a bit overrated by a lot of people. His last season wasn't that whole special until like last 10-15 games, where he realized Edmonton out of play-off picture and took a lead from Kucherov. For me it is Kane.
I don’t like the ***** but Mcdavid is the best player in the world and there’s a decent gap to #2. You have to watch the games. He is a one man show. If he traded teams with Kucherov they’d have to close down the league.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kuz

May 11, 2015
Hard to rate as this seasons scoring is much higher. So its easy to get distracted by the impressing point totals. Kane is having and excellent season and have perhaps been the best player this year. What he have done on a pretty weak Blackhawks team is amazing. Looking at the support he has vs Kucherov (especially on the powerplay) he has a really good case for the Hart.

With Kane's point average he has 95 points in 62 games (missed one game so will only have one game more than Kucherov the rest of the season) and would only be 5 points behind Kucherov with a lot more goals on a worse team.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
I don’t like the prick but Mcdavid is the best player in the world and there’s a decent gap to #2. You have to watch the games. He is a one man show. If he traded teams with Kucherov they’d have to close down the league.

I don't buy this one bit and anyone who knows the game of hockey doesn't either. McDavid is marginally better, linemates do not effect your production that much plus McDavid regularly plays with Draisaitl, gets more ice time and the offense runs through him constantly. Don't get me wrong, he would score more on Tampa, but even scoring 15 points more which is at best what I'd give him over a full season would only put him even with Kucherov, but honestly 5-10 more is more realistic.

Jack Skellington

Sep 29, 2017
I don't buy this one bit and anyone who knows the game of hockey doesn't either. McDavid is marginally better, linemates do not effect your production that much plus McDavid regularly plays with Draisaitl, gets more ice time and the offense runs through him constantly. Don't get me wrong, he would score more on Tampa, but even scoring 15 points more which is at best what I'd give him over a full season would only put him even with Kucherov, but honestly 5-10 more is more realistic.
Playing on the 3rd best power play of all time where the only ones even near it are 1970 and 80s doesn’t help? Mcdavid plays with Draisaitl on the PP and the odd time at even strength but his main linemates are scrubs. Having a team where you’re always on the ice with 2 or 3 other superstars opens EVERYTHING up. When Mcdavid plays my Habs, Weber follows him around the ice everywhere draped on him.. he can’t afford to do that with Kucherov.

Reactions: Future GOAT

bathdog

Oct 27, 2016
Playing on the 3rd best power play of all time where the only ones even near it are 1970 and 80s doesn’t help? Mcdavid plays with Draisaitl on the PP and the odd time at even strength but his main linemates are scrubs. Having a team where you’re always on the ice with 2 or 3 other superstars opens EVERYTHING up. When Mcdavid plays my Habs, Weber follows him around the ice everywhere draped on him.. he can’t afford to do that with Kucherov.

Does it matter? Honestly, stop acting like McDavid is untouchable.

Are you also going to argue that Kane benefits from a favorable situation? There is currently 5 points between Edmonton and Chicago. Kane actually plays slightly less on both ES and PP, yet he scores more...
...goals.
...assists.
...ES pts.
...ES goals.
...ES assists.

I'm sorry, but no, McDavid doesn't get excused for a poor power play one year, a poor team another year, and being "unlucky" another year. He may or may not be the best player in the game, but he's not untouchable.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015

He plays with him quite often at ES over the past two seasons actually, and has played with RNH too. Just how many more points do you think he would score that he would be "easily" better than Kucherov?

I think he would score roughly the same maybe a bit less, but his two-way game and consistency makes him a bit better still. Though Kucherov is quite the playoff player and we've yet to really find out how McDavid will do there. I have no problem with people considering Kucherov the best player in the game, or Kane right now for that matter.

Last edited:

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Honestly, McDavid is becoming a bit overrated by a lot of people. His last season wasn't that whole special until like last 10-15 games, where he realized Edmonton out of play-off picture and took a lead from Kucherov. For me it is Kane.

Agreed. Personally, I'm excited for him to realize edmonton is out of the playoff picture and catch Kucherov...again. What game do you think he will catch him by?

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Does it matter? Honestly, stop acting like McDavid is untouchable.

Are you also going to argue that Kane benefits from a favorable situation? There is currently 5 points between Edmonton and Chicago. Kane actually plays slightly less on both ES and PP, yet he scores more...
...goals.
...assists.
...ES pts.
...ES goals.
...ES assists.

I'm sorry, but no, McDavid doesn't get excused for a poor power play one year, a poor team another year, and being "unlucky" another year. He may or may not be the best player in the game, but he's not untouchable.

McDavid had the most ES points in 2 decades last year. Hmm.

I mean the reason Crosby has less awards than OV is because he gets excused for injuries. Players get excused all the time, right or wrong

bathdog

Oct 27, 2016
McDavid had the most ES points in 2 decades last year. Hmm.

I mean the reason Crosby has less awards than OV is because he gets excused for injuries. Players get excused all the time, right or wrong

True. He has 1 ES pts more than Sedin while seeing 157 minutes more of ES TOI, in a season that saw the highest ES goals/game average since 1993.

I mean if you asked me who was the best ES producer for the first 3 years of their careers I'd answer McDavid and I wouldn't even have to think about it. If you asked me if McDavid is a top5 ES offensive player over the past 20-30 years peak wise, I'd answer most probably. But that doesn't mean he's inarguably the best player in the game at any given time.

Last edited:

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
McDavid had the most ES points in 2 decades last year. Hmmm

So what? He is 3rd in ES points this year so far.

It is worth noting that an increase in his PP points has not lead to him blowing the field away in points. He is having about the same level of offensive season as the last two years, all things considered.*

* this requires a measure of critical thinking just to give you a heads up

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
True. He has 1 ES pts more than Sedin while seeing 157 minutes more of ES TOI, in a season that saw the highest ES goals/game average since 1993.

I mean if you asked me who was the best ES producer for the first 3 years of their careers I'd answer McDavid and I wouldn't even have to think about it. If you asked me if McDavid is a top5 ES offensive player over the past 20-30 years peak wise, I'd answer most probably. But that doesn't mean he's inarguably the best player in the game at any given time.

Why even bother giving the "ES points mean more than PP points" narrative the time of day?

There is no foundation for its importance. Great players get the puck in the net, period.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
I wouldn't have a problem with Kane taking the Hart, well deserved performance at the moment.

I really dont want him to. I was 100% convinced Kucherov should win the hart at the same point last year

Led league in scoring
Had for most of the year
Helped Tampa safely make #1 in division (in league this year) enough to take foot off the gas at end
And got overtaken for art ross near end

To me that was the most valuable performance. Too bad for Hall for starting out slow and having to race at the end to qualify. Kuch shouldn't be punished for doing all the hard work early on its better that way.

This season - exact same thing. Only his lead at top of scoring race is much greater so he'll probably win the ross. But its thanks to his play Tampa is doing so well. That should be rewarded not punished.

He deserves the hart. I hope he gets it

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
Kane. McDavid turned it on the last 20 games when oilers were out of the playoff hunt and teams played their backup goalies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad