Kane, Sharks being sued over unpaid loan.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Yeah I actually would because I tend to be logically consistent and yes, they are still just allegations. Formal lawsuits are still just allegations until the process is completed and something comes of it. Until you actually find out what came of those settlements, you can't definitively say anything about his part in it because you simply don't know. You can't talk about looking at things objectively when you're taking leaps where there is gaps of information. People simply assume the worst because of who he is and treat their assumptions as facts when there's no actual evidence to support that.

There is enough evidence that things are going to court. If there was no evidence, it wouldn't even make it. This isn't some criminal lawsuit, where you should wait until we have a guilt/not guilty result. Kane is clearly a loser who is irresponsible with his money.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
In civil court cases between individuals you'd be right, but this is a bank suing in this case, an organization that must be careful with its image and project professionalism in all of their dealings to retain their clients' and shareholders' confidence, so chances are they did their due diligences and their case is solid.

No disrespect intended, but I don't understand why accepting the fact that Kane and the Sharks are quite likely in the wrong here is such a hard thing to do.

As far as cases being settled privately, that has more to do with pragmactic practicality, profit-loss calculations and negotiations than it has about a case's validity or lack thereof.

Anyways, feel free to continue arguing if you wish. Personally, I'm done. Have a nice day,

Wonder if him filing for bankruptcy would be enough evidence for that poster?

Reactions: Voight

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
Haha Jesus how is that even possible.
Yeah seriously, everyone knows having lots of money automatically makes you smart with money. Especially when the source of your money has nothing to do with being good with money.

More people are bad with money than good with it. If you paid everyone in this thread $5 million a year for the next 10 years guaranteed at least a few of them would go bankrupt as well. Probably only like 25% would still be "rich" after 10 years.

Reactions: AzHawk

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
Yeah seriously, everyone knows having lots of money automatically makes you smart with money. Especially when the source of your money has nothing to do with being good with money.

More people are bad with money than good with it. If you paid everyone in this thread $5 million a year for the next 10 years guaranteed at least a few of them would go bankrupt as well. Probably only like 25% would still be "rich" after 10 years.
Yeah, I used to be bad with my money. Had an awful credit rating for ages until I decided to do something about it and now I'm in the excellent range. Wish someone had smacked some sense into me earlier! If I had that 5 mill a year back about 10 years ago, I'd probably have spent most of it, but if I got it now, I'd definitely be in that 25%. Again, while I'm not his biggest fan, I do hope he digs himself out and matures financially like I did. He's still got time!

BmxHockey

Jan 4, 2012
San Diego
This is a upper limit thermostat problem with money. No different than someone hitting the jack pot powerball. Some of these behaviors are simply out of not being enough to manage the status of “rich.”

Needs to read The Latte Factor or The Richest Man in Babylon. Unfortunately, and I speak for myself, financial literacy is not common.

DropTheGloves

Sep 18, 2020
People simply assume the worst because of who he is and treat their assumptions as facts when there's no actual evidence to support that.

And this aged like milk left in the middle of the Sahara...

Kane has a serious gambling problem. Kane gambles heavily and makes poor, self-centered financial decisions. He ought not be allowed to continue handling his substantial salary and bonuses, or be allowed to continue gambling and speculating with his income instead of committing it to his creditors. Creditors likely have no confidence in Kane’s ability to administer his estate for their benefit. Zions certainly does not.”

Hot off the presses:

Evander Kane creditor blasts Sharks wing in scorched-earth bankruptcy filing

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom

Kane has a serious gambling problem. Kane gambles heavily and makes poor, self-centered financial decisions. He ought not be allowed to continue handling his substantial salary and bonuses, or be allowed to continue gambling and speculating with his income instead of committing it to his creditors. Creditors likely have no confidence in Kane’s ability to administer his estate for their benefit. Zions certainly does not.”

Hot off the presses:

What a shock a creditor has that opinion lol

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY

Hot off the presses:

Nothing better than questioning the parenting skills of a woman who miscarried less than a year ago. I'll just say this: If the guy who wrote that on behalf of the creditors goes swimming in the Pacific and happens to get bitten in half by an actual shark I would not shed a single solitary tear.

Reactions: Alwalys

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
He was a very talented guy playing with the Oilers, right? I didn’t know he lost the money he made.

Joe Murphy definitely has some mental health issues. He’s been homeless for years and isn’t interested in help. There’s a documentary about him on YouTube

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
EK is out here playing like he has MLB money but alas it seems he is in the NHL, the lowest paid of all the major sports

Bigb47

Dec 5, 2016
Wether it was caused by him overspending or supporting to much family how do you not immediately hire an accountant to figure all this out for you so you don’t end up in a situation like this. A lot of players have littlerally just blown through money on everything which is just as stupid but with Kane and what I’ve seen it a mix of that and maybe supporting to many people.

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016

Hot off the presses:

Wait so the money phone and the money pushup weight weren't good financial securities?

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
Nothing better than questioning the parenting skills of a woman who miscarried less than a year ago. I'll just say this: If the guy who wrote that on behalf of the creditors goes swimming in the Pacific and happens to get bitten in half by an actual shark I would not shed a single solitary tear.

From the article:
Kane claims to need $12,000 per month in ‘childcare and children’s educational expenses’ to pay for a 24/7 rotation of day and night nurses for a 6-month old infant, even though his wife does not work outside the home.”

That statement is just weird all the way around. Requiring 24/7 child care implies his wife isn't involved in its care at all and also wtf sort of 'educational expenses' can a 6 month old have?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad