Post-Game Talk: Kane and unable. Pens withstand Fleury of Sabers chances, win 4-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

KareemTrustfund

Domiking Simon
Jun 19, 2012
Apparently Crosby should be suspended for that Sabre going over his back.:laugh: Nothing like the Marchand ones, he ducked to the players knee caps to take them out unlike Crosby.

Also, apparently Kuhn, Wilson, and Rust are not the next triplets..

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
some belated comments:
+++I thought Flower had a very, very strong game. Most of the plays and chances are coming off the rush and squared off really well, he was not flopping around, had few good pokechecks and a very good behind the net plays to break up their forecheck. with him we would have won last night

defense is good when we push forward. Tanger and Maatta are solid. Maatta is hilariously slow, but somehow manages to close on the forward and make the play. He will never be an elite with this kind of footwork, but he is my least concern

Dumo and Daley looked good, I thought daley looked great, he is exactly what we were missing, Poo has been solid last few games, Cole he is just not for NHL now

Sid's line was not good, kind of OK, a little bit better than yesterday, Kunitz on PP is emarassment. I just hope Sully is smart enough to understand that his priority is always to make sure that Sid and Geno are in best position to play well.

Cullen had a really good game after really bad game last night the second line did a nice job. As far as I am concerned Hags does not have to score ever again, he can keep doing what he is doing I will be happy

Secon and third period was one of the better periods for our AHLers. Kudos to Wilson for lifting up that puck, I have seen to many into the pads this season

Sundquist played realy solid, wish he had scored on that shot

I will ahte to see Bonino playing over any of these guys unless he showed me something I have not seen before.

Our PK is the best thing we had going in the last time. The only issue tonight was not covering Bogosian. Love the pressure.

PP was horrible, and that is all on coach. Kunitz must not see ice on PP. that's Sully's cardinal sin in my book

Hope geno's back wednesday

DoktorZaius

Feb 7, 2013
As others have said, I'm also not worried about Sid. He can obviously player better than this, but he's still playing a super high skill game out there. The assist pass back to Daley on Horny's goal was sublime, and he had a really nice skate-to-stick in full flight.

Hossa die Waldfee

Oct 29, 2015
defense is good when we push forward. Tanger and Maatta are solid. Maatta is hilariously slow, but somehow manages to close on the forward and make the play. He will never be an elite with this kind of footwork, but he is my least concern

Maatta's skating is crazy inconsistent. I don't get it at all. Some games he looks like in his rookie season (not great but good) and some nights it looks like Scuderi level. I guess it's just a "haven't played for a year" issue and he is back to his old next season. And he still is an important part of our #1 pairing.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Apparently Crosby should be suspended for that Sabre going over his back.:laugh: Nothing like the Marchand ones, he ducked to the players knee caps to take them out unlike Crosby.

Boston fans will say anything that makes them out to be victims.

Still Apps

The New Gig
Jan 10, 2012
Home
Cole looked fine when (finally) used as a bottom pairing D.

I'm seriously concerned about Maatta's obvious lack of speed. The guy does a great job of positioning and seems to think the game well, but Godfrey Daniel he's slow. Hope the team is having his thyroid level checked.

Love what the WBS guys are bringing. Nice to see some young guys given the opportunity to mature at the NHL level. When some of our injured start to return the first guy sent out should be Porter but I know it'll be Sundqvist.

PP needs a Geno infusion...soon

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I guess the Kessel on Sid's line experiment ended after one and a half games? I'm not sure why this club doesn't want to give those two a stretch of games before deciding it doesn't work.

I also wish Sid would shoot more. I don't know why he sometimes reverts back to pass-first Sid. He's so much more dominant when he's taking 5+ shots per game and is a threat to score every night.

Huge positive that the Pens won an afternoon game. Every time I see an afternoon tilt on their schedule, I assume a loss and a horrible performance. So it's nice to pick up 2 points today.

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
I guess the Kessel on Sid's line experiment ended after one and a half games? I'm not sure why this club doesn't want to give those two a stretch of games before deciding it doesn't work.

I also wish Sid would shoot more. I don't know why he sometimes reverts back to pass-first Sid. He's so much more dominant when he's taking 5+ shots per game and is a threat to score every night.

Huge positive that the Pens won an afternoon game. Every time I see an afternoon tilt on their schedule, I assume a loss and a horrible performance. So it's nice to pick up 2 points today.

I actually really like Hagelin... Sid and Hornqvist. Just wish Hagelin would finish a little better but his speed opens up so much.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
When I watch Maatta, I feel like I'm in one of those dreams where you're trying to get away from something and your legs weigh 500 pounds.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Maatta's skating is crazy inconsistent. I don't get it at all. Some games he looks like in his rookie season (not great but good) and some nights it looks like Scuderi level. I guess it's just a "haven't played for a year" issue and he is back to his old next season. And he still is an important part of our #1 pairing.

It could also be the effects of having a thyroid removed. Medication helps, but it can take months and years to get him on the right dose.

Asuna

Lvl 94 Sub-Leader
Apr 27, 2014
Pittsburgh
Maatta's always looked slower on back to backs this season.

That makes me wonder if it's an energy level, due to his meds.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
The problem with that is that the team in general tends to look sluggish on back to backs, teams usually do. We're in full wait and see mode with his skating and thyroid, but at this point I'm sure Maatta's thyroid will be his version of Crosby's concussion where anything not being right is blamed on that.

Anyway, I think he's been putting himself in a better position against fast players lately but fast teams still make him look bad... he's interfering more. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad