Post-Game Talk: Kane and unable. Pens withstand Fleury of Sabers chances, win 4-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Plaidchuck... that's hockey. Buffalo does play teams closely. This isn't similar to college football where teams blow out the Sabres on a nightly basis.

I thought the Pens played Period 2 & 3 very well. Foot on the gas and going hard. I really enjoyed their efforts. First period... meh. Not all there.

BeautiPhil

Toronto Sun Model
Nov 23, 2010
Virginia
I would love Marcus Foligno on this team. One-game sample size and I've heard he has consistency issues, but he looked good this game. If only they'd take Cole+ something small for him.

plaidchuck

Feb 26, 2013
Pittsburgh
Plaidchuck... that's hockey. Buffalo does play teams closely. This isn't similar to college football where teams blow out the Sabres on a nightly basis.

I thought the Pens played Period 2 & 3 very well. Foot on the gas and going hard. I really enjoyed their efforts. First period... meh. Not all there.

A contender wins this 5-1 or more given a 5 on 3 opportunity. But the pens are a bubble team so I guess I have to accept this as the new normal.

flaneur

Jul 17, 2013
+ a win.

is there a flu going around the team? a bit of a listless game by some of the players

gopens66

Hop in the Cordoba, Baby, we're goin' bowlin!
May 25, 2006
Altoona,Pa
------Scraped by the second worst team in the league.

Take away their 2nd, 3rd, and 4th line centers and see how they play. I know Pens fans are sick of seeing so many key players injured since 1990, but this team is still trying to turn around their season with a coaching change. perspective.......

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
Watching Kunitz trying to make decisions in close quarters is hilarious.

And Ian Cole made me miss Lovejoy.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
tdice said it well in the GDT, talking about the WBS kids. These kids when they are on one another's lines are really helping us. Even Kuhn played better after his goal yesterday. Looks like he has a lot more confidence. I can't say enough for these "fill-ins" because they are playing terrific hockey. They really are.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
As much as i hate Sully's usage of Kunitz(and his play in general), he always manages to get these guys(except Kunitz) up after a poor 1st. They needed these 2 pts and got em.

Cullen's line did well cuz Cullen and Hags were working thier ***** off.
Sid and Horny do it but Kunitz manages to drag that entire line down by himself.
Sid's line played alot of hockey in it's own end and thats just not acceptable.
And it's not about Sid and Horny bearing down.
It's about getting a competent LW'er on the damn line.

+Can we please get some bodies back for Wednesday

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
A contender wins this 5-1 or more given a 5 on 3 opportunity. But the pens are a bubble team so I guess I have to accept this as the new normal.

1/8/16 - BLACKHAWKS
8:30 PM FINAL BUF (1) - CHI (3)

1/16/16 - CAPITALS
7:00 PM FINAL WSH (1) - BUF (4)

I'm not trying to nitpick, but that's hockey.

Koempel

Mar 8, 2010
Leuven
++ Daley, great defensively and knows exactly when to pinch.
+ Sundqvist for his boardwork, offensively I hope he can grow a lot
+ Fleury for not being Zatkoff
+ Letang, more good than bad 'Tang, nice slapp pass
- Dumoulin, just a lot of wrong decisions allowing the Sabres zone pressure
- Cole, I do not know how, but he needs his confidence back (I'll take a 7th round pick)
- Sid's empty net attempt, he had all the time in the world and he blindly fires it as hard as he can?

UnderratedBrooks44

Sep 13, 2005
Miranda's house
It would have been nice to see Sid dance some dude out of his jock.

The thing is Buffalo isn't that bad a team anymore. They just lack a ton of experience. I'm sure they have bad nights of course and their record speaks for itself, but this isnt Edmonton where half the roster is a joke and there's potential for us to have a circle jerk over something Crosby or malkin did.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006

The Sabres beat the Capitals 4-1 last month, man.

I'm not saying they're world-beaters, but expecting "contenders" to automatically steamroll them isn't reasonable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad