Post-Game Talk: Kane and unable. Pens withstand Fleury of Sabers chances, win 4-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
I'm starting to understand why he didn't fit in there. Daley plays like he thinks he's Coffey at times. He takes chances. But we needed that on defense badly. Chicago has 3 stud D already and just wanted him to defend first and foremost.

If Scuderi was a few years younger, he'd fit in Chicago very well.

I don't get to watch many Chicago games but yeah they have Seabrooke, Keith, and Hjalmarsson. Thats a pretty heady three.

AquaticBirdman

Sep 25, 2007
Montreal, Canada
I really couldn't care less about an EN shot that got blocked. That happens all the time to every player. I'm more concerned that Sid seems to have abandoned his aggressive shoot first mentality and was passing off way too much these last two games.

Wasn't just these last 2 games. It's been ever since his point streak was snapped. He just isn't shooting as much as has been over the past month and a half. Not sure why he's reverting back to his unselfish style of play.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Kunitz is that last little turd stuck to the bowl that Shero created that you have to get the brush out for.
JR, GET THE DAMN BRUSH OUT MAN!

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
Are you using this game as comparison or are you not going to include Malkin in this.

I think you are way off in either case.

No Malkin of course.

But scratch Eichel and Sid. Who's our Kane? Our Reinhardt? See where I'm going?

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
I truly don't think we have beaten one good team this year.

Maybe ever.

If we win, it truly has more to do with the poor competition, than anything else.

:laugh:

I can't really understand the negativity there either. I'm just happy we won a ****ing afternoon game, let alone without Geno.

I really couldn't care less about an EN shot that got blocked. That happens all the time to every player. I'm more concerned that Sid seems to have abandoned his aggressive shoot first mentality and was passing off way too much these last two games.

He and Letang both. They need another talk with Sully.

TheSniper26

Oct 2, 2005
Youngstown
Wasn't just these last 2 games. It's been ever since his point streak was snapped. He just isn't shooting as much as has been over the past month and a half. Not sure why he's reverting back to his unselfish style of play.

You could be right about that I really don't remember. I just know that it was very noticeable this weekend.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
I mean in this game when did Sid need to shoot more?
He barely played in the OZ thanks to Kunitzs' craptacular play.

Joejosh999

Mar 13, 2014
I'll say it again
GO MONEYBALL ON KUNITZ.
God it's so annoying to watch the guy.

I start to wonder if Sid really needs the guy, if only coz Sid is so OCD about keeping things the same.

Hossa die Waldfee

Oct 29, 2015
I'm okay with this game. We didn't get scored on EV and although our pp still sucks we won.
I hope Sid can turn it on against the Bruins again. He is playing good hockey but with the turnover machine on his LW he needs to play tremendous hockey for this line to be productive.
And I don't get Sullivan sometimes. Wilson is out with Sid on the 4on4, scores and never plays with him again. The kid was feeling it, but Sheary was off and Porter sucks.
He preached accountability, but Kunitz on pp#1 after the last game? Kunitz has to go. I doubt it, but I hope JR sees it.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Sid was horribad yesterday and only "okay" today, but I also think it's a tad unfair to criticize him. He's carried the team with little assistance from anyone outside of Letang. Now, back-to-back afternoon games, I think it's okay to be fatigued. Two days off before the Bruins, I expect/hope he's flying again.

TheSniper26

Oct 2, 2005
Youngstown
Sid was horribad yesterday and only "okay" today, but I also think it's a tad unfair to criticize him. He's carried the team with little assistance from anyone outside of Letang. Now, back-to-back afternoon games, I think it's okay to be fatigued. Two days off before the Bruins, I expect/hope he's flying again.

That's fair. I'm not attacking the guy or anything. Just a little concerned to see the over-passing possibly creep back into his game. It's absolutely possible that he's just a little worn down from carrying the load for the last two months.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
That's fair. I'm not attacking the guy or anything. Just a little concerned to see the over-passing possibly creep back into his game. It's absolutely possible that he's just a little worn down from carrying the load for the last two months.

I'm concerned, too. He's playing like he was pre-Dec 26th. But I'm also not seeing a lot of linemate-driven zone time, either, so maybe he just didn't have the ability to drive possession the way he had been.

If it continues, then I'm concerned AF, but right now, I'm just like 'okay, you get a weekend pass, now go get better"

Zero Pucks

Size matters
May 17, 2009
Taking a shot every time you see Sheary desperately trying to reach a puck that's six inches away from him could be a deadly drinking game.

Matsun

Aug 15, 2010
Personally not that concerned with Sid because I think Sullivan will have a talk with him if Sid continues like this, but today he was meh.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Apparently Crosby should be suspended for that Sabre going over his back.:laugh: Nothing like the Marchand ones, he ducked to the players knee caps to take them out unlike Crosby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad