Post-Game Talk: Kane and unable. Pens withstand Fleury of Sabers chances, win 4-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malkin112*

It will be interesting to see what they are going to do with Määttä. His TOI is going up steadily. Personally I don't think he's ready for top pairing duty this year

5h00O1n.jpg

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
It will be interesting to see what they are going to do with Määttä. His TOI is going up steadily. Personally I don't think he's ready for top pairing duty this year

5h00O1n.jpg

They don't really have a choice. He's on the top pair and will stay there. I think it's the best spot for him right now anyway, since Letang's skating can help mask Maatta's.

UnderratedBrooks44

Sep 13, 2005
Miranda's house
Maatta's always looked slower on back to backs this season.

That makes me wonder if it's an energy level, due to his meds.

I'm not really sure in what capacity everyone is talking about with his speed, but Maatta has always had guys get an edge on him one on one around the outside. He's not that great 1 on 1 against decent players.

Asuna

Lvl 94 Sub-Leader
Apr 27, 2014
Pittsburgh
I'm not really sure in what capacity everyone is talking about with his speed, but Maatta has always had guys get an edge on him one on one around the outside. He's not that great 1 on 1 against decent players.

Oh I know. I'm just saying...he's looked noticeably slower on back to backs.

themethod7

Jan 25, 2013
NWPA
When was the last time we had a guy with a heavy shot who can bomb em from the point like Bogosian did yesterday??

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
When was the last time we had a guy with a heavy shot who can bomb em from the point like Bogosian did yesterday??

I can't recall the Penguins ever having a guy like Bogo/Weber that could outright throw bombs from the blue line.

Frankly thats a luxury. I would prefer a point man that can get shots to the net through traffic like Sarge did. Thats one of the reasons I want Pooh on the 1st pp. He not only can QB it but he also is known to be able to get through the traffic and put the puck on the net.

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
I can't recall the Penguins ever having a guy like Bogo/Weber that could outright throw bombs from the blue line.

Frankly thats a luxury. I would prefer a point man that can get shots to the net through traffic like Sarge did. Thats one of the reasons I want Pooh on the 1st pp. He not only can QB it but he also is known to be able to get through the traffic and put the puck on the net.

So much this. I have no doubt that Pouliot is easily better at running the PP than Letang right now . But you know.. paid 7m+ franchise defenseman, one of the core guys. So we wont see Pouliot there until Letang gets hurt again.

SidDidNothingWrong

Beau's IcedCapp
Jan 2, 2014

I thought Daley showed promise in this area against Tampa. For some reason I love defensemen that spam slapshots from the point. You batter their forwards who are blocking the shots and they either move out of the way or the Pens get a shot to the net.

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
Bogosian has a big shot, but he's nowhere near a consistent threat to score from there. He had one goal going into yesterday's game.

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
Bogosian has a big shot, but he's nowhere near a consistent threat to score from there. He had one goal going into yesterday's game.

Yep. Like I said, give me a point man that can get it on the net with consistency instead of of bomber. Unless of course its someone rare like Weber who does both equally well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad