Prospect Info: K'Andre Miller (D) - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
If NYR doesnt send Robertson packing for top 6 help, I can see him being an under the radar LD that sticks in our top 4 for quite a few years.

I think he's the one prospect that gets overlooked and would be the darling of this board of we didn't have Miller, Lundkvist, Shestyorkin, Fox, to drool over plus the Emo Twins we cant figure out yet.

He's literally buried on the back burner cuz of our depth.
Robetrtson is not overlooked by anyone. And he is far from buried on some back burner. He got drafted last year. Let him develop and is he forces his way in, then he will play.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
Robetrtson is not overlooked by anyone. And he is far from buried on some back burner. He got drafted last year. Let him develop and is he forces his way in, then he will play.

Yeah, the kid has great potential. But he's just a kid. I'm happy we have a good young D core AND still have plenty of talent in the pipeline.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Like what I'm seeing him from him in the short clips Vince posts. Good edges, quick acceleration and shifty, and a heavy wrist shot with accuracy. Nice to get a view of him pushing himself with the big boys. Hopefully he continues to develop his D zone presence.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
This is a great experience for K. Miller. Getting reps with the big club and having access to pick the trainers and nutritionists brains for nearly two weeks.

Prospect camp isn't as personal and with the state of Traverse City doubtful for this season, plus Miller already physically very mature compared to someone like a Henrikson or Aaltonen, this is great for his development.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
This is a great experience for K. Miller. Getting reps with the big club and having access to pick the trainers and nutritionists brains for nearly two weeks.

Prospect camp isn't as personal and with the state of Traverse City doubtful for this season, plus Miller already physically very mature compared to someone like a Henrikson or Aaltonen, this is great for his development.

agree on it being a great experience...and traverse city was already canceled.

Reactions: McSauer

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I know camp is ending soon for K'Andre but really am enjoying what I am seeing out of him. Size wise he's already bigger than most out there (No longer the Blue smurfs) then you look at his ability to skate and he doesn't look out of place either. Decent shot as well. The kid just needs to keep developing and the organization putting him in the right place to succeed. In a year or two having three possible guys with size for the next decade like Trouba, Miller and Robertson mixed in with guys like Fox/Nils/ADA/Lindgren/Jones is something to really get excited about.

Reactions: Leetch3

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I know camp is ending soon for K'Andre but really am enjoying what I am seeing out of him. Size wise he's already bigger than most out there (No longer the Blue smurfs) then you look at his ability to skate and he doesn't look out of place either. Decent shot as well. The kid just needs to keep developing and the organization putting him in the right place to succeed. In a year or two having three possible guys with size for the next decade like Trouba, Miller and Robertson mixed in with guys like Fox/Nils/ADA/Lindgren/Jones is something to really get excited about.
Clearly they will not all be here or even pan out, but if you believe in the mantra that you build a franchise from the net out, I would say that Gorton has done quite well.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
I know camp is ending soon for K'Andre but really am enjoying what I am seeing out of him. Size wise he's already bigger than most out there (No longer the Blue smurfs) then you look at his ability to skate and he doesn't look out of place either. Decent shot as well.
He hit a few posts on unscreened wristers in practice and scrimmage, better wrist shot than I expected at this point for a young D man straight out of college.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
This camp helps Miller for sure .... he’s got a legit shot of sticking in the 2nd half of next year IMO. Hajek , Ruenanen should be given first crack though

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
This camp helps Miller for sure .... he’s got a legit shot of sticking in the 2nd half of next year IMO. Hajek , Ruenanen should be given first crack though

i respectfully disagree, my own HO, about "legit shot of sticking in the 2nd half of next year ",
he is far from NHL ready, still relatively new to playing D, missed 11 games a freshman.
Hoping NYR avoids the mistakes made (IMHO) rushing Hajek, Howden, Lias and just keeps K'Andre playing w Pack (assuming they have a late-breaking season) with KK giving him icetime in all situations

this 'pause' in normal operations is particularly disruptive to organizations like NYR who have numerous high-upside prospects starting their NA pro hockey careers...

BKGooner

Jun 23, 2017
I just remember when I was a kid it seemed like d-men always broke in to the league at like 22-23. they needed the extra apprenticeship to learn to think the pro game, and that was when things happened at a much different pace and much less constant puck pressure than now.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I just remember when I was a kid it seemed like d-men always broke in to the league at like 22-23. they needed the extra apprenticeship to learn to think the pro game, and that was when things happened at a much different pace and much less constant puck pressure than now.

Aside from top-5 (maybe top-10) picks, defensemen need 3-5 years to become NHL regulars.

Roman Josi needed 3.5 years
Keith Yandle 2.5 years
Mattias Ekholm 4 years
Shea Theodore 3.5 years
Brady Skjei 4 years
Jaccob Slavin 4 years
Shea Weber 3 years
John Klingberg 4.5 years

I think we sometimes get caught up in the rapid assencion of guys like Dahlin, Heiskanen, Pietrangelo, Doughty, Makar and start to expect every defenseman to make the jump to the NHL in the first 2 years.

Reactions: cwede and Leetch3

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
We should have some inspirational quote about patience stickied in this thread.

Miller is going to have his struggles in the AHL, much less the NHL. Let him get there in his own time.

Reactions: cwede
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad