Kakko vs Höglander

Kakko vs Höglander

• Total voters

Aqualung

Nov 16, 2007
Think that says more about how bad the Canucks were last year...
It says more about his play relative to his teammates. No one denies Canucks stink, but anyone who thinks he’s just a forth liner after his rookie season showing is just trolling, especially after he scored more than Kakko on a worse team as well. I think it says more about Kakko if anything.

Reactions: Killer Orcas

AsparaGus

Feb 16, 2020
So if we take your argument as the standard, Eichel isn’t a first line player because even though he produced like one he didn’t take Buffalo into the playoffs?

You sure about that?
I'm saying being a second-liner on the Vancouver Canucks does not make you an a second line-calibre NHL player. He's going to be a good third liner one day.

AsparaGus

Feb 16, 2020
Are you kidding me right now? :laugh:
This is literally the worst argument I have seen on here in years
You were all so happy to use the same argument with Ethan Bear. He played on the Oilers top line (that at least made the playoffs) but isn't a top pairing defender.

Same goes for Hoglander. Playing on a specific line doesn't make you that calibre. It just doesn't. He will be an okay 3rd liner one day.

Last edited:

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
I'm saying being a second-liner on the Vancouver Canucks does not make you an a second line-calibre NHL player. He's going to be a good third liner one day.

You were all so happy to use the same argument with Ethan Bear. He played on the Oilers top line (that at least made the playoffs) but isn't a top pairing defender.

Same goes for Hoglander. Playing on a specific line doesn't make you that calibre. It just doesn't. He will be an okay 3rd liner one day.

Just keep digging

nowhereman

Jan 24, 2010
Los Angeles
He’s going to be a good 3rd liner for the Canucks and quite possibly an elite 4th liner for a properly constructed team like Colorado or Toronto. If Hoglander is anything higher than the 3rd line on your team, it reflects badly on your team.

Some Canucks here are saying he’s a “2nd liner” already. Well, yeah. How did that work for you? You didn’t make the playoffs. If he’s on your second line again, you’re in for a LOOOOOONG season.
I gotta' give it to you, you're really doubling down on something you have absolutely no clue about. I like your moxy.

Though, as a side note... you're going to have to try a lot better at hiding your intentions. Calling Toronto a "properly constructed team" is a bit of a red flag.

Reactions: Regal

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008

The guy is already a 1st line player on a 2nd line, producing as a 2nd liner, In his rookie season.

You are completely out to lunch

AsparaGus

Feb 16, 2020
The guy is already a 1st line player on a 2nd line, producing as a 2nd liner, In his rookie season.

You are completely out to lunch

Agree to disagree.

When the Canucks have a shiny new toy to give them hope, he will settle in to where he belongs: On an NHL team's 3rd line. And that's not a bad thing. That's literally just what it is.

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
Kakko. Holander’s upside is 3rd liner.
Do you watch hockey? Hoglander was a decent 2nd liner in his first year. Now, one could argue that he isn't going to be a long-term elite 2nd liner, time will tell, but his 'upside' is 3rd liner is either ignorant or bait.

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
He’s going to be a good 3rd liner for the Canucks and quite possibly an elite 4th liner for a properly constructed team like Colorado or Toronto. If Hoglander is anything higher than the 3rd line on your team, it reflects badly on your team.

Some Canucks here are saying he’s a “2nd liner” already. Well, yeah. How did that work for you? You didn’t make the playoffs. If he’s on your second line again, you’re in for a LOOOOOONG season.
This is embarrassing.

Aqualung

Nov 16, 2007
Agree to disagree.

When the Canucks have a shiny new toy to give them hope, he will settle in to where he belongs: On an NHL team's 3rd line. And that's not a bad thing. That's literally just what it is.
Show your work why you believe he will be a third liner.

Reactions: Regal

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013

40 point pace in his rookie season and u think his max potential is 3rd liner?
Hahahah everyone will laugh at u

Last edited:
Reactions: maroon 6 and Regal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad