Player Discussion Kaiden Guhle

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Kucherov's really going off lately. Elbowed Tom Wilson clean in the head, Didn't even get penalized. I think Wilson got 2 for embellishing which was crazy. It was pretty vicious. I mean Wilson's whatever but it was a pretty nasty one.

Kucherov has been an extremely dirty payer for a long time and it is becoming obvious that the league grants more leeway to it's biggest stars.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Kucherov has been an extremely dirty payer for a long time and it is becoming obvious that the league grants more leeway to it's biggest stars.

The NHL even said publicly that the reason they don't have set games of suspension for each type of severe violation of the rules is because they don't want to suspend star players for as long of periods of time, because that would decrease interest in the game - it's bad for business to have star players out on suspension. Bill Daily literally said that in a public interview on camera.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Man our defense is looking so good

Matheson-Guhle
Hutson-Savard
Xhekaj-Barron
Struble

could literally be our defense to start next year, with Mailloux and Reinbacher right on the cusp.

Jul 6, 2016

Matheson-Guhle
Hutson-Savard
Xhekaj-Barron
Struble

could literally be our defense to start next year, with Mailloux and Reinbacher right on the cusp.
One of Harris or Barron…. or both will be packaged in trades. Kovacevic will be kept as #7. Struble could start at AHL level next season. He ran out of gas in his last 20-25 games he played.

Training camp will dictate a lots of things. Mailloux could make it too.

As for Guhle, it’s concerning that he got another concussion. I hate the fact that he has to play right side.

Reactions: HabsQC

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013

Matheson-Guhle
Hutson-Savard
Xhekaj-Barron
Struble

I really wonder what theyll do with Struble. I'm still not sure what we have with him. He had his ups and downs, which is completely normal at his experience level. But he's also had some excellent games like yesterday, where he was a factor offensively. I think he's going to have a long career and I hope we don't sell low if the team has to trade him.

Reactions: Tyson

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I really wonder what theyll do with Struble. I'm still not sure what we have with him. He had his ups and downs, which is completely normal at his experience level. But he's also had some excellent games like yesterday, where he was a factor offensively. I think he's going to have a long career and I hope we don't sell low if the team has to trade him.

I don't think he's a long term option unless he carves himself out kind of that 7th defenseman role. But I do think he'll have a few years while we afford time for Engstrom, etc.

I'm sure just like Harris, the value is higher than we think it is, cup contending teams looking for young defenseman that are affordable and can play would probably prefer that certainty over a draft pick.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
I'm happy that Guhle have played 70 games this year. That's huge. If he protect himself and become more stronger, he will be a very good top pairing D for many years to come.

He is already a true leader.
I'm not worried about Guhle in the least. He does most everything right and he's never been afraid of hard work to improve on the areas he's behind in.

He's everything a team wants in a defenseman.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I'm not worried about Guhle in the least. He does most everything right and he's never been afraid of hard work to improve on the areas he's behind in.

He's everything a team wants in a defenseman.
With Matheson and Hutson bringing the offense in the top 4, it will be nice to have Guhle and Reinbacher in the top 4 as defensive stalwarts that can also contribute offensively.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Yet people think we are gonna trade Guhle or Hutson in order to take similar defenseman with our top 7 pick this year, which would set the development of the team and back end back 2-3 years.

Depends on the return.

Someone asked if we would agree to move Guhle for two probable top-10 firsts (Calgary 2024 and 2025). I think there is so much we could do with 5 firsts over 2 drafts that I think I would say yes. We are deep in LHD and we still have Reinbacher as potential complete D to take Guhle's current role on the right side more smoothly.

Hutson for Zegras or similar proven player 1-for-1? Yes. I rank Hutson below Guhle and we have Mailloux as a potential strong offensive D that has a better chance to round out his game than Hutson, though the shimmies and shakes are fun to watch......

Cashing a 62nd pick into a 23 year old 9OA guy who would be even higher in a re-draft is good asset management.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
It amazes me, that this guy has the puck almost all the time, and never gets hit??
Time to see someone just level him!!

Looking forward to seeing a stronger version of Guhlie next season!! So much talent, but I am leery about his constant health struggles in such a physical game, in the NHL.

habdynasty

May 26, 2008
Only two habs d played 70 + games. Guhle was one of those guys. The guy will wear an A soon and be part of team Canada in the future.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rapala and Mrb1p

StCaufield

Mar 14, 2022
Am I an awful person if I said I’d be open to trading him? His value is really high but couple that with the prospects we have to step up in his place too. I’d only do it for a true offensive player

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Am I an awful person if I said I’d be open to trading him? His value is really high but couple that with the prospects we have to step up in his place too. I’d only do it for a true offensive player
No but I’d be more specific. Tyler Toffoli is a true offensive player. Would you trade Guhle for a Toffoli? Even a younger one?

Trading Guhle just sets us back in term of window. Plus I think most underrate his potential. The injuries are worrisome but he still played virtually the whole season.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017

Guhle is one of the prospects that has established himself as an nhler. Not all these hotshot prospects are going to realize their potential.

You hang on to the ones that you know are nhlers like guhle, both because they have miles to give, and their costs are controlled to a degree.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Some people seem to have no concept of what it takes to build a team.
Generally it's a good idea to move out the broken pieces the lame the infirm and the under performing pieces those who flat out suck.
We've got four or even five holes to fill as it is we aren't trading our top defender to make it six.
If we ever to move Kaiden Guhle it will be in a blockbuster designed to bring us a Cup so we'd need all the bases properly covered first.
I don't know about anyone else but for me we are a long long way from being in that situation.

Reactions: morhilane and Mrb1p

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad