Prospect Info: Kaiden Guhle II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
I believe there was talk about Guhle being heavier on draft day if I remember correctly. What a beast at the age of 18! He's one of those types that is solid in his own end already and if he can add some offense here and there, he's going to be a big time player for us. Some sort of mix between Emelin and Weber?

Is Kevin Bahl a good comparison?
Hopefully they leave him in the dub for two years to develop his offensive game as well

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Hopefully they leave him in the dub for two years to develop his offensive game as well

They probably will. He would have to snag a job over Romanov, Edmundson, Chiarot. We are nearing a point where they don't have to rush prospects to fill NHL needs anymore. Even with Caufield.

Imagine Romanov playing RD to Guhle at LD down the road?

Reactions: Riddum

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I believe there was talk about Guhle being heavier on draft day if I remember correctly. What a beast at the age of 18! He's one of those types that is solid in his own end already and if he can add some offense here and there, he's going to be a big time player for us. Some sort of mix between Emelin and Weber?

Is Kevin Bahl a good comparison?

I believe I heard the same and he was closer to being 200 lbs at the draft, so 209 seems very plausible and positive.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
They probably will. He would have to snag a job over Romanov, Edmundson, Chiarot. We are nearing a point where they don't have to rush prospects to fill NHL needs anymore. Even with Caufield.

Imagine Romanov playing RD to Guhle at LD down the road?
And he'd have to leap frog over Norlinder, Harris and Struble during that time period. SO better to leave him develop for two years and then see where he fits in, either Laval or Montreal. Given the depth we have, I'd suspect Laval for at least a year before he challenges for an everyday roster spot. So 3+ years is more likely IMO.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I believe there was talk about Guhle being heavier on draft day if I remember correctly.

Yup. You remember correctly.

After the Habs selected him, Sam Cosentino said that when he and Brian Burke had a Zoom call with him leading up to the draft, he said that he was over 200 lbs. He used the time since the stoppage to work on getting bigger.

Last edited:

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
And he'd have to leap frog over Norlinder, Harris and Struble during that time period. SO better to leave him develop for two years and then see where he fits in, either Laval or Montreal. Given the depth we have, I'd suspect Laval for at least a year before he challenges for an everyday roster spot. So 3+ years is more likely IMO.

Agreed. 3+ years is a good estimate. The good news is we have so many guys that will compete with each other for spots and this raises the bar in Laval. That will apply to Juulsen, Brook, Fleury this next season cause that's happening right now

Supersonic

May 27, 2013
Ontario
Great to see Guhle make Team Canada this year and hopefully look to be a major piece next year as a vet. We are knee deep in defense prospect lol

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
Could someone explain to me why we’re comparing Guhle with Tinordi?

If you’ve never looked at them play I guess you could say they have similar skating.
Guhle has more upside than tinordi I think. From all I’ve seeen and read. I still think habs were smart to draft him. Most of the good forwards were gone and in fact he was the third d man drafted. Meaning he ranked very high in the draft as a dman. I like the potential with him. Size. Skating. Some offensive potential too.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Really good point and I would add that someone like Fairbrother could surprised and become a top 4

I don't see top 4, but if a war breaks out on the ice you'll be glad Fairbrother is on your team. I see a lot of value in that too,

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
I don't see top 4, but if a war breaks out on the ice you'll be glad Fairbrother is on your team. I see a lot of value in that too,

I took Fairbrother as exemple because he was the 1st that I had in mind I'm not saying he is a futur top 4.

Habs

Feb 28, 2002
how do you like/rank the 4 WHL blueliners,

Guhle
Juulsen
Fleury
Fairbrother

Right now:
Juulsen
Fleury
Guhle
Fairbrother

I think Noah is far better than he has shown , reminds me a lot of Gorges (good or bad that's up to the fans). Fairbrother's temper reminds me of Shayne Corson. When that light switch flips, it's just go time. This year could be a problem for the WHL, I am really wondering how well the kids can develop this year as its up in the air if they play in the west at all.

Reactions: montreal

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Right now:
Juulsen
Fleury
Guhle
Fairbrother

I think Noah is far better than he has shown , reminds me a lot of Gorges (good or bad that's up to the fans). Fairbrother's temper reminds me of Shayne Corson. When that light switch flips, it's just go time. This year could be a problem for the WHL, I am really wondering how well the kids can develop this year as its up in the air if they play in the west at all.

Guhle's the only one I haven't seen but if only Juulsen had his skating/mobility I'd be higher on him. I do like Juulsen a lot though at least based off his AHL and WHL play, so good in his own end.

I haven't seen a ton of Fairbrother but I like what i've seen as a bottom pairing D, kind of what we hoped Lernout would have been.

I'm worried about development across the board in a pandemic, it surely will cost some while others will benefit, as some will push themselves hard with the down time while others will end up playing more video games (not aimed at anyone just in general). Plus you don't know what impact it has on them mentally as for some while they are playing or working out or whatever but i'm sure some their heart may not be fully in it, perhaps worried about parents or grandparents, etc.. Certainly will be interesting to see how this all plays out in the next few years.

Reactions: Habs

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Right now:
Juulsen
Fleury
Guhle
Fairbrother

I’m a really big fan of Juulsen. What he showed before his injuries had top4 labeled all over him. I can only hope he comes back into form after losing so much development time. He has good mobility, a nasty streak and some offensive upside.

Last edited:
Reactions: montreal

Habs

Feb 28, 2002
I’m a really big fan of Juulsen. What he should before his injuries had top4 labeled all over him. I can only hope he comes back into form after losing so much development time. He has good mobility, a nasty streak and some offensive upside.

He's a really good player that has yet to catch a break, I agree.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
I’m a really big fan of Juulsen. What he should before his injuries had top4 labeled all over him. I can only hope he comes back into form after losing so much development time. He has good mobility, a nasty streak and some offensive upside.

Mobility is definitely not a strength for Juulsen. He is not a slug but it is the weakest aspect of his game.

Reactions: Gyfu and montreal
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad