Kadri's potential

Status
Not open for further replies.

ECanuck

Jan 7, 2010
Hamilton
Kadri has made some nice plays this season, but to be honest he hasn't been a big factor in the flow of the games if that makes any sense. It's like he does nothing, then boom gets a point. So far his point production is masking overall weakness IMHO.

Controlling the flow of the game would be dominant.

I just have a feeling that some people will not be happy with Kadri unless he is playing dominant.

For example he could be playing well and getting chances but not scoring. Then the problem they will have is no results. That's fine he is trying and doing good things but the guy can't finish. He is no good to us if he can't score.

OR

I told you once he faces second pairings and first pairings his production will drop. He isn't worth much.

Some people just don't like the kid for whatever reason. Let's call a spade a spade here.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
I feel like offensively, Kadri is already better than Gagner and that gap will only widen the more Naz improves.

As for potential? Who knows. Does he have it in him to be a true #1 C? Lots of people seem to think so. Me, not so much, and I adore the kid.

I think he can be a great #1b type of center if that makes sense. Too good to be a #2, but not the complete game to be a #1a center.

I actually think Kadri benefits from Bozak being here - Bozak clearly not a typical #1C, and when you look back at last year's playoffs, and even in a few games this season, there has been shifts where Kadri has slotted onto that first line for a while. I think that happens more as Carlyle becomes more comfortable with his game. That's also something that probably doesn't happen if you have a legit #1 like Toews or Thornton, etc.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK

I just have a feeling that some people will not be happy with Kadri unless he is playing dominant.

For example he could be playing well and getting chances but not scoring. Then the problem they will have is no results. That's fine he is trying and doing good things but the guy can't finish. He is no good to us if he can't score.

I told you once he faces second pairings and first pairings his production will drop. He isn't worth much.

Some people just don't like the kid for whatever reason. Let's call a spade a spade here.

Let's save the Tyler Bozak discussion for the Tyler Bozak thread.

SensfaninToronto*

Do any leaf fans even watch edm I find personally I sometimes have trouble gauging projects from there because you don't see them as often all though i finally got that centre ice stuff so its all hockey all the time

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Do any leaf fans even watch edm I find personally I sometimes have trouble gauging projects from there because you don't see them as often all though i finally got that centre ice stuff so its all hockey all the time

Oilers fans are amongst the only fans of Canadian teams that I can stand. I watch a lot of their hockey. Even more-so this year given the Dallas Eakins effect. I really want him to do well.

But even if you watch them a lot, unless you are following the team every day and understanding fan/media/organizational opinion, it's very difficult as an outsider to really figure out where a particular prospect or project is in it's development.

For example, I thought the Oilers were turning the page heading into the ACC. Despite their loss the game before, they played well, but when you spoke to their fans before the game (especially here) they were all expecting a 7-1 massacre.

SteveV*

OR

People with a bias against him is whatever, I'm just commenting on his play this year. His defensive play has been poor, face offs obviously poor, decision making average, playmaking sporadic, points obviously fine. Kadri so far hasn't impressed me, and maybe it is because he very much has the capacity to control and influence a game. Early, early days...

Radiohead

Street Spirit
Sep 6, 2008
Elite 2nd line centre... Oxymoron?

I can see him being a consistent 70-75 point per season player. Whether or not he becomes a #1C will depend on his defensive play and faceoffs.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
80-90 point Giroux like potential. The kid has all the tools for stardom, the plays he was making last year were incredible... every line he was on last season was our best line. Most people here seem to be on the conservative side and are saying 1b, 2a but I could see him being a huge PPG player... he also brings a physical edge to the game.

Mindrust

Feb 28, 2013
Kadri has potential to score hat tricks against the Turds.... and that's all you turds fans should be concerned about.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Sens fan here (not hostile) Just wondering what you guys think he'l become , personally I see him as a sam ganger type elite second line centre. Also if you were to trade him at this point what would you want in return(any team)

Potential to be a #1C, he has all the skill in the world he needs to be be a lot more consistent in the face-off circle. If he ever got that figured out he would be one hell of a scary player for the opposition.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
I see him simply becoming a better version of what he is now. Better on draws, stronger on the puck, better 2-way play, fewer mistakes, while still having elite hands, very good vision, and good offensive instincts in general. Somewhere between a really good #2 C and a solid #1 C.

Hotlanta

Dec 1, 2009
Krejci is really good and I wouldn't be disappointed at all if he had his impact. In fact, that's kinda what I am expecting

That being said, if Kadri can max out his potential (BIG IF), I think he can be a tad better

Very different players, but I believe neither will be a true #1C. When I think of a #1C, I think of a player who is either an elite player in both zones (Thornton) or so outstanding offensively (PPG) they don't need an elite D game (Getzlaf). I think Krejci has an elite D game but is not a game changer offensively (minus Playoffs). Kadri, has a lot of work to do in the D zone but if he can become an offensive game changing juggernaut, then maybe he has a shot.

I would take Krejci over Kadri, but would prefer to see Bozak elevate his game to become a Krejci lite.

Glenn Isildur Healy

Oct 8, 2013
CBC Studios
Very different players, but I believe neither will be a true #1C. When I think of a #1C, I think of a player who is either an elite player in both zones (Thornton) or so outstanding offensively (PPG) they don't need an elite D game (Getzlaf). I think Krejci has an elite D game but is not a game changer offensively (minus Playoffs). Kadri, has a lot of work to do in the D zone but if he can become an offensive game changing juggernaut, then maybe he has a shot.

I would take Krejci over Kadri, but would prefer to see Bozak elevate his game to become a Krejci lite.

Exactly. Which is why I only said same impact

Kadri better offensively and Krejci better defensively

Neither elite #1s but maybe a low end #1 and an elite #2

My Sweet Shadow

Sep 5, 2008
Sioux Lookout, ON
A more physical Mike Ribeiro.

And that's not meant as an insult, whatsoever.

I came here to post exactly this. It's been a comparison since he was drafted, but it's been surprisingly apt throughout his development so far. I think Kadri has the potential to be a much better goal scorer though; Ribeiro's only surpassed 20 twice in his career and 25 only once.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad