Kadri's potential

Status
Not open for further replies.

Durrr

Sep 11, 2012
Sens fan here (not hostile) Just wondering what you guys think he'l become , personally I see him as a sam ganger type elite second line centre. Also if you were to trade him at this point what would you want in return(any team)

Ganger has never cracked 50 points on a run and gun style team that has had to try and outscore its problems for years. He's played, what 5 season in the nhl?

This isn't a hostile comment at all but Kadri's potential at this moment is monumentally higher then Ganger's.

SensfaninToronto*

Elite playmaking center that can also score 25-30 goals. His potential is through the roof, it's up to Nazem to have the commitment to reaching it. Players with that package of skill and grit don't come along often. I think he'll end up being a consistent 70 point guy who has his up and down years.

those are some high expectations i'd say 20-25 goals and 30-35 assists is a little more down to earth

Mimico

Good Ol' Mimico Boy
Aug 25, 2013
Tarana, Ontario
Not many players out there have more pure talent than Kadri. When he first made the team, I was shocked to see him struggle. Last year he finally put everything together at the NHL level and his success has so far carried into this season. I can see him as a first line center in the near future but in all likeliness he tops out as a quality 2C.

SensfaninToronto*

Ganger has never cracked 50 points on a run and gun style team that has had to try and outscore its problems for years. He's played, what 5 season in the nhl?

This isn't a hostile comment at all but Kadri's potential at this moment is monumentally higher then Ganger's.

He'l never reach it under Carlyle

SensfaninToronto*

Not many players out there have more pure talent than Kadri. When he first made the team, I was shocked to see him struggle. Last year he finally put everything together at the NHL level and his success has so far carried into this season. I can see him as a first line center in the near future but in all likeliness he tops out as a quality 2C.

I remember hearing some rumours way back that burke was a racist :dunno: he deserved to be playing way eariler

Hanta Yo

Bag it up
Jan 28, 2009
Toronto
Burke is such a racist that he drafted Kadri only so he could act out his racism in the form of keeping Kadri in the minors.

SensfaninToronto*

Potential and what he'll actually achieve are two different things. Clearly he can potentially score more than 20-25 goals. He scored almost 20 in half a season last year.

By that same thing JG Pageau has potential to be the next Bossy , but i don't see that happening anytime soon but its always good to dream

SensfaninToronto*

Burke is such a racist that he drafted Kadri only so he could act out his racism in the form of keeping Kadri in the minors.

I Lol'd , also i remember on draft day Leafs were looking at taking Cowen but then burke took kadri because murray had told him he wanted him . THESE ARE THE THINGS RIVALRIES ARE MADE OF

Kamal007

FEEL LIKE PABLO
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto
I Lol'd , also i remember on draft day Leafs were looking at taking Cowen but then burke took kadri because murray had told him he wanted him . THESE ARE THE THINGS RIVALRIES ARE MADE OF

jags.gif

SensfaninToronto*

So does anyone know if Clarkson will start with Kadri , he's a good player but id rather see raymond

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
Sens fan here (not hostile) Just wondering what you guys think he'l become , personally I see him as a sam ganger type elite second line centre. Also if you were to trade him at this point what would you want in return(any team)

I think Ribeiro is a good comparison for Kadri. He's shifty, has sick hands, and will put up 60-70 points a year. Not quite a legit #1 Centre, but an EXTREMELY good 2nd line Centre, for sure. His 50 points in the last 54 games he's played seems to support this.

The Leafs are thin down the middle, so trading him makes no sense to me, as we really need him.

But if we already had a replacement for him at Centre? And just for the sake of discussing his value?

I'd need a top pairing D-Man in return for Kadri. Maybe not a team's BEST Defenceman, but their 2nd best guy.

A Yandle or a Seabrook or a Del Zotto or a Shattenkirk type.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
#1C potential

Already playing like a great #2c.

Needs to control play better and manage the puck better in neutral zone to become a #1C.

SensfaninToronto*

Yeah because Perry or Gezlaf never reached their full potential under Carlyle right?

Different players IMO Gezlaf >Kadri and that perry kid is just a whole different player then kadri so its a tough comparison. Both Ducks have a strong two way game

Durrr

Sep 11, 2012
I think Ribeiro is a good comparison for Kadri. He's shifty, has sick hands, and will put up 60-70 points a year. Not quite a legit #1 Centre, but an EXTREMELY good 2nd line Centre, for sure. His 50 points in the last 54 games he's played seems to support this.

The Leafs are thin down the middle, so trading him makes no sense to me, as we really need him.

But if we already had a replacement for him at Centre? And just for the sake of discussing his value?

I'd need a top pairing D-Man in return for Kadri. Maybe not a team's BEST Defenceman, but their 2nd best guy.

A Yandle or a Seabrook or a Del Zotto or a Shattenkirk type.

We have defencemen in the system, we have absolutely no near ready centers. Kadri doesn't go anywhere unless its a trade up for a C. End of story.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010

Behind the draft showed Leafs were taking Kadri. Burke being the nice guy that he is gave Murray a heads up to prepare for plan B.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->