Kadri's potential

Status
Not open for further replies.

SensfaninToronto*

Sens fan here (not hostile) Just wondering what you guys think he'l become , personally I see him as a sam ganger type elite second line centre. Also if you were to trade him at this point what would you want in return(any team)

SensfaninToronto*

Ganger is a very good player, kadri for sure has a higher upside but when they cap off i could see them similar . Kadris a great prospect , but not elite i.e. hall or RNH

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
potential = #1 center. No need to trade him, we need another top 6 center just like him.

SensfaninToronto*

the only detriment I can see is if his ice time is limited , also he needs to improve in his own end , but that all comes with age

Kamal007

FEEL LIKE PABLO
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto
Since when is Sam Gagner an "elite 2nd line centre"? Kadri was 3 points away from tying Gagner's career high, in 48 games last season, in his first full season in the NHL, so I would expect something more than Gagner.

SensfaninToronto*

Ganger is also still improving , also so far kadri has had one good season

BIitz

GRANT = SOFT
Oct 5, 2010
I could see him having a similar team effect as Krejci. Good numbers in the season and turns it on in the playoffs.

Their play styles aren't super similar though.

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
He should be our 1C but Carlyle has fun watching Bozak ruin scoring chances and do nothing on the power play. He doesn't seem to realize you don't need your best face-off man on the first line. I don't like being a buzz kill, so whatever, let Carlyle get his chuckles.

After watching Duchene own our whole team defence, I am waiting for the day we get a true 1C. As such, Kadri is a 2C at best even strength but can be on a first unit power play. Above all, he has point per game capabilities and if given the ice-time and line-mates, is a lock for 65-80 points a year for the prime of his career depending on the circumstances. Probably can string together a 90 point season before he retires.

Glenn Isildur Healy

Oct 8, 2013
CBC Studios
Sens fan here (not hostile) Just wondering what you guys think he'l become , personally I see him as a sam ganger type elite second line centre. Also if you were to trade him at this point what would you want in return(any team)

Sorry, I think at best Gagner is at Kadris level. I would take Kadri over Gagner most of the time

I think Kadri can be a low end #1 center or an elite #2 center. Its a wish on my part but I hope he can have a Mikko Koivu type impact (ultimately, worse defensively and better offensively).

SensfaninToronto*

Sorry, I think at best Gagner is at Kadris level. I would take Kadri over Gagner most of the time

I think Kadri can be a low end #1 center or an elite #2 center. Its a wish on my part but I hope he can have a Mikko Koivu type impact (ultimately, worse defensively and better offensively).

Agreed

Punn

Sep 24, 2011
Brampton, ON
Since when is Sam Gagner an "elite 2nd line centre"? Kadri was 3 points away from tying Gagner's career high, in 48 games last season, in his first full season in the NHL, so I would expect something more than Gagner.

Gagner was never given the luxury of going back to junior and then playing in the minors for two years to carry on in his development. Also did have the luxury of playing on a good team and wasn't playing against top pairings as the Kessel line was preoccupied with that.

That being said I think Gagner is a very fair comparison, but Kadri definitely has more upside, its close.

SensfaninToronto*

I could see him having a similar team effect as Krejci. Good numbers in the season and turns it on in the playoffs.

Their play styles aren't super similar though.

Krejci isn't a true 1C either

Raging Bull

Present
Jan 25, 2004
Hamilton, ONT
Elite playmaking center that can also score 25-30 goals. His potential is through the roof, it's up to Nazem to have the commitment to reaching it. Players with that package of skill and grit don't come along often. I think he'll end up being a consistent 70 point guy who has his up and down years.

SensfaninToronto*

Personally since i watch the leafs a lot once the cap goes up I've always toyed around with the idea of paul stastny , send them maybe blacker and a second

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad