Kadri to the Wing?

LeafsHome

Oct 17, 2018
Toronto
This might sound silly be hear me out. When Matthews comes back and if/when Nylander is signed it has been assumed that Kadri will move back into the 3C Position. In my opinion I feel Kadri plays better in the Top 6 than the Top 9 due to the level of his linemates. With that being said, what about a possible line up of:

Kadri - Tavares - Marner
Kapanen - Matthews - Nylander
Johnsson - Lindholm - Marleau
Hyman - Ennis - Brown
Leivo/Gauthier
None of the above - I prefer a cyborg line:

Matthews - C
Kapenen - LW
Marner - RW
Nylander - D
Tavares - D
Rielly - Goaltender - with the option to join the rush at his discretion

Reactions: Ratboy

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
This might sound silly be hear me out. When Matthews comes back and if/when Nylander is signed it has been assumed that Kadri will move back into the 3C Position. In my opinion I feel Kadri plays better in the Top 6 than the Top 9 due to the level of his linemates. With that being said, what about a possible line up of:

Kadri - Tavares - Marner
Hyman - Ennis - Brown
Leivo/Gauthier
You sure you don't want Rielly playing LW?:sarcasm:

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
Wow just wow. So now Lindholm is a better center then Kadri. Just where do these opinions come from. Kadri is vastly superior his zone starts and QOC supports this never mind the points his line contributes playing against better players.

You said it best. As a Fan! Babcock thankfully is not a fan but a coach. He is not taking one of the top 30-40 centers in the League and playing on the wing so that it appeases some fans. Kadri will get his minutes and is going to play 15-18 minutes a night playing in our top 9.

Do you know how to read? When did anyone ever suggest Lindholm is a better player then Kadri? You really need to read my post again.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017

Kadri - Tavares - Marner
Hyman - Ennis - Brown
Leivo/Gauthier

Fixed it :)
Hyman - Tavares - Marner
Johnsson - Matthews - Nylander
Marleau~ Kadri ~Kapanen
Levio - Lindholm - Brown
Ennis​

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Assuming Nylander re-signs, I think we'll see something like this:

Brown-Matthews-Nylander
Hyman-Tavares-Marner
Marleau-Kadri-Kapanen
Johnsson-Lindholm-Leivo
Gauthier

Marleau-Kadri-Kapanen has been too good to break up imo. Brown is basically Hyman so Matthews and Nylander should hopefully not miss to much of a beat with him as long as Brown utilizes his speed and forechecks.

Lindholm drops down to the fourth line, Ennis is waived/sent down, Gauthier stays on board as the 13th forward.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
Do you know how to read? When did anyone ever suggest Lindholm is a better player then Kadri? You really need to read my post again.
No I did read it and you said he was a better shut down center which is a joke. As that has been Kadri role for the past 2 seasons and this one.

You need to at least have an understanding of the game to say what you said.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
It doesn't what babs does with this group. They will score lots. I have been liking the puck pressure and sounder defense this year.

Refreshing to see this offensive group becoming more rounded on both sides of the puck.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
No I did read it and you said he was a better shut down center which is a joke. As that has been Kadri role for the past 2 seasons and this one.

You need to at least have an understanding of the game to say what you said.

You're just trolling now.

First you claimed I said Lindhom was better then Kadri, I never said that. Kadri is quite clearly better. If they want to get Kadri more minutes and opt the third line center be in a pure shutdown role, yes putting Lindholm in a defensive role over Kadri would be wise if you are focussing on defence.

These numbers are off the charts.

Lindholm

NHL Possession Metrics (Even Strength)

Corsi (EV)Fenwick (EV)PDO (EV)Zone Starts (EV)
SeasonAgeTeamLgGPTOICFCACF%CF% relFFFAFF%FF% reloiGFoiSH%oiGAoiSV%PDOoZS%dZS%
2018-1927TORNHL20238.623324548.7-1.116819346.5-2.398.8794.8103.632.667.4
CareerNHL20238.623324548.7-1.116819346.5-2.398.8794.8103.632.667.4
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TFOOT] [/TFOOT]

Last edited:
Reactions: stickty111

indigobuffalo

Portage and Main
Feb 10, 2011
Winnipeg MB

Kadri - Tavares - Marner
Hyman - Ennis - Brown
Leivo/Gauthier

Hyman on the 4th line is stupid. Rather have Marleau on the 4th line. Johnsson too. Actually the roster without Kadri or Nylander at 3C is dumb.

That’s where I thought we were going from the title. Sign Nylander, make HIM 3C, then put Kadri on the RW with Matthews.

But your idea is terrible.

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018

Kadri - Tavares - Marner
Hyman - Ennis - Brown
Leivo/Gauthier
I'm diggin' it! Especially the Hyman reality check.

Reactions: Koolboss

sittler rules!!!

Feb 9, 2004
Assuming Nylander re-signs, I think we'll see something like this:

Brown-Matthews-Nylander
Hyman-Tavares-Marner
Marleau-Kadri-Kapanen
Johnsson-Lindholm-Leivo
Gauthier

Marleau-Kadri-Kapanen has been too good to break up imo. Brown is basically Hyman so Matthews and Nylander should hopefully not miss to much of a beat with him as long as Brown utilizes his speed and forechecks.

Lindholm drops down to the fourth line, Ennis is waived/sent down, Gauthier stays on board as the 13th forward.
Nylander not in the equation

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Hyman on the 4th line is stupid. Rather have Marleau on the 4th line. Johnsson too. Actually the roster without Kadri or Nylander at 3C is dumb.

That’s where I thought we were going from the title. Sign Nylander, make HIM 3C, then put Kadri on the RW with Matthews.
But your idea is terrible.
Agreed. As soon as I saw he had Hyman on the fourth line, I know it was a silly thread.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
You're just trolling now.

First you claimed I said Lindhom was better then Kadri, I never said that. Kadri is quite clearly better. If they want to get Kadri more minutes and opt the third line center be in a pure shutdown role, yes putting Lindholm in a defensive role over Kadri would be wise if you are focussing on defence.

These numbers are off the charts.

Lindholm

NHL Possession Metrics (Even Strength)

Corsi (EV)Fenwick (EV)PDO (EV)Zone Starts (EV)
SeasonAgeTeamLgGPTOICFCACF%CF% relFFFAFF%FF% reloiGFoiSH%oiGAoiSV%PDOoZS%dZS%
2018-1927TORNHL20238.623324548.7-1.116819346.5-2.398.8794.8103.632.667.4
CareerNHL20238.623324548.7-1.116819346.5-2.398.8794.8103.632.667.4
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TFOOT] [/TFOOT]
This is not NHL 2018 game made by EA sports. Kadri is vastly superior to Lindholm as a shut down center. Stupidity at its finest taking a strength and making it a weakness. You clearly stated that Lindholm was better at Kadri role which was and is absured.

A 30 goal shut down center. Rare bird in the NHL and some people think we should change that.

TakeTheBody

Jan 10, 2018
Fixed it :)
Hyman - Tavares - Marner
Johnsson - Matthews - Nylander
Marleau~ Kadri ~Kapanen
Levio - Lindholm - Brown
Ennis​

Only change I make here is Levio for Johnsson. He's stronger along the wall. If speed is a factor then your lineup is fine.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
I don't think Kadri can play the wing, he is better suited as a center but I'm not sure he is a good 3rd line checking center and Jeff O'Neill said the same thing on the TSN panel the other night.

The problem is I don't see the Leafs stripping the better wingers from the top 6, to put them on the 3rd line just so Kadri can score more goals, the 3rd line is supposed to be a checking line and contribute the odd goal.

With Matthews and Tavares as the two top centers, that have been scoring at record rates, Kadri has been relegated to the 3rd line, he will have to adapt to that role or maybe should be moved IMO, the problem is, he has filled in well in Matthews absence and it's the main reason I want him to stay, so it's a bit of a conundrum.

This happens on a lot of teams, RNH is now a L/W'r he was once the #1 or #2 center for the Oilers but now it's McDavid and Draisaitl.

Last edited:

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
Kadri --- Matthews --- Kapanen
Hyman ---- Tavares ---- Marner
Marleau - Lindholm - Nylander
Johnsson -- Gauthier -- Brown​

Reactions: Koolboss

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts

Kadri - Tavares - Marner
Hyman - Ennis - Brown
Leivo/Gauthier

Our top 9 with

XXX-Matthews-Nylander
XXX-Tavares-Marner
XXX-Kadri-Kapanen

Is way too dangerous and creates match up problems. And keeps players relatively fresher by spreading minutes around.

Don’t think we should change that

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad