Eklund Rumor: Kadri to calgary

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Huh Gaudreau just missed ppg last year and is under it this year(yes I know he had an injury) it takes more then one season before you can just slap on the ppg label on a player and Johnny isn't there yet. So yes I think Marner has the point potential to do as good if not better then Gaudreau and play better two way hockey making him....a better player. Gaudreau isn't a kid anymore he doesn't have that much development left. Marner is 4 years younger and on track to do better then Gaudreau's 21 year old rookie season. I'm a big fan of Gaudreau but I would not even consider a swap of Marner and Gaudreau going forward. Like as soon as next season Marner could be the better player in general.
Gaudreau was tied for sixth last year in scoring. Marner has a long way to go before being a top 10 scorer in the league.

Gaudreau is also the kind of player who gets all of his points by generating his own offence.

JadedLeaf

Nov 14, 2007
Saskatchewan
Gaudreau was tied for sixth last year in scoring. Marner has a long way to go before being a top 10 scorer in the league.

Gaudreau is also the kind of player who gets all of his points by generating his own offence.
Marner is something like 6 points out of the top ten right now with 3-6 games in hand on most of the guys in the top ten. Not saying he's going to get there but saying he's far from getting there would be a little off considering it's his rookie season and he'd have to pretty much have reached his peak already to not be a safe bet for top ten scorer at some point in the near future..

As for the bolded.. Have you watched Marner play at all this year? He's constantly the guy that creates offense out of nothing no matter who he's played with this year.. Driving offense and making plays out of nothing are one of the things Leafs have like most about him this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad