Kadri,Tlusty, Gustavsson NHL's 3 stars

Grandrift145

Jan 23, 2009
Uptop
Three Stars

yesterdays NHL three stars were ether drafted by the Leafs or were originally Leafs

Nazem (The Dream) Kadri

Jiri Tlusty

Jonas Gustavsson (The Monster)

I think the Leafs draft pretty well, but have hard time developing players

Baarle*

May 29, 2010
28.294194, -39.07612
yesterdays NHL three stars were ether drafted by the Leafs or were originally Leafs

Nazem (The Dream) Kadri

Jiri Tlusty

Jonas Gustavsson (The Monster)

I think the Leafs draft pretty well, but have hard time developing players

Lol Gustavsson is an undrafted back-up goalie. Visit the Tlusty thread to see opinions on him.

Igy

Mar 3, 2011
I found it kind of funny that last nights three starts are/have been Toronto Maple Leafs. Did we let two of them go prematurely, or are they simply fitting in better with another team? Obviously holding onto Kadri was the right decision.

29nv7h3.png

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Tlusty's playing alongside Staal and Semin .. His numbers are inflated, but he's developed into a top 9 two way winger that can score as projected .. Partially because he's out of the spotlight in Carolina

Gusty's in a good defensive environment, with a goalie coach who isn't trying to change his style ... Gusty would probably be putting up good numbers under Carlyle, but it's hard to say because he took so much **** while being in Toronto

MildlyAwesome

Rational Leaf Fan
Jun 4, 2009
Canada
One good night and we let them go too early? I know you're kidding but we had to let them go.

Gustavsson needed a change of scenery. He had injury problem after other problems and it just couldn't get together. We had to move on. He even had injuries this year. He has started only one game! Both Leaf goalies have made the Leafs tied for 10th in GA. 10th!

The Monster will be a great back up goalie in this league but the Leafs weren't right for him.

Tlusty? Really? I mean, must I go further? This guy was incredibly soft here. Easily muscled off the puck, never in any dirty areas, and defensively liable. He was brutal here. He had 36 points last year. We are trying to get tougher. We have no use for a 35 point forward. Maybe he's putting it together but him and Toronto were never going to be a good fit especially once Burke arrived

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
I think that was Gustavsson's first game since being a Maple Leaf. He was just called up from the AHL.

And Tlusty has just found some chemistry and a good situation for him in Carolina. He would be back in Europe by now if the Leafs kept him. He was destined to fail in Leafland so I'm glad he was able to rebound in an area with less pressure.

SenorDingDong

Apr 1, 2006
Toronto
Tlusty we developed totally wrong, was inredibly rushed, didn't perform right away and the fans turned on him.

Kadri is an excellent example of developing a kid pateintly and now seeing the benefits.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Didn't give up on Tlusty or Jonas too early.

Didn't wait too long to give Kadri a shot either. His AHL experiences are benefiting him in a big way right now.

Errol Swaghammer

Sep 1, 2011
Don't really regret losing either of those two guys. They weren't developing here and it was time to move on.

Now a guy I really do regret the Leafs giving up is Alex Steen. He's become a pretty solid player.

Igy

Mar 3, 2011
Tlusty we developed totally wrong, was inredibly rushed, didn't perform right away and the fans turned on him.

Kadri is an excellent example of developing a kid pateintly and now seeing the benefits.

Perhaps, but Tlusty and Kadri have a similar development pattern. At this time last season, people were starting to turn on Kadri as well.

Cappayne

Mar 20, 2011
I think everyone took OPs joke too seriously. Personally, I find it hilarious how those 3 are the 3 stars, they were always the guys under the most scrutiny.

The Magic Man

With God given hands
Sep 1, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
There's currently 3 threads whining about Jiri Tlusty. Who cares. He's lucky if hes a consistent 20 goal player. We're currently trying to get rid of one for scraps in MacArthur, and he's grittier then Tlusty.

JAMmer124

Independent Living
Aug 13, 2010
Welland, Ontario
We gave Gus more than enough of a chance, never really turned out well for us.

Tlusty was rushed a little by us, and the value we got for him was poor IMO(trading a 13th overall offensive forward a year or two removed from the draft for a 30th overall checking forward just out of his draft year is poor management IMO), but if you follow the trail it's not as bad as it may seem(Paradis sent to CHI with Stalberg for Versteeg, who netted us a 1st and 3rd, which ended up being Stu Percy and Josh Leivo)

SteveV*

I don't know why but I don't regret losing Tlusty in the least.

tmlfan98

No More Excuses #MarnerOut
Aug 13, 2012
Hockey's Mecca
Tlusty looked good at first, but never really worked out.

I hated The Monster almost as much as I hated Toskala. Man I hate Toskala.

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
It would have been interesting to see how Gus would do for us now when we dont play run and gun and hang him out to dry every shift. He is a great talent, just need to settle down and get to play on a team who actually run an effective system.

I am pleased with having Reimer and Scrivens but also a little sad that it did not work out with Gus.
Losing both his parents, finding out he have a heart problem and starting out in a new league, new country with a struggling team is not optimal circumstances to really show what you can do.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad