Kadri,Tlusty, Gustavsson NHL's 3 stars

pooleboy

Dec 23, 2009
Ontario
yesterdays NHL three stars were ether drafted by the Leafs or were originally Leafs

Nazem (The Dream) Kadri

Jiri Tlusty

Jonas Gustavsson (The Monster)

I think the Leafs draft pretty well, but have hard time developing players

i think we did have a hard time developing prospects. culture change since BB has come in (now nonis)

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Gustavsson was a terrible goalie here. End of story.

He just doesn't have the mental capacity to play for a big market team like this one with prominence and pressure on his shoulders.

He might do well in Detroit, but I highly doubt it. I think he's going to struggle into obscurity before long.

As for Tlusty - meh. Whatever. Decent start to the season, but he won't amass into anything special either.

Hero

Uncle Leo
Jul 2, 2009
heropuck.wordpress.com
I think that was Gustavsson's first game since being a Maple Leaf. He was just called up from the AHL.

And Tlusty has just found some chemistry and a good situation for him in Carolina. He would be back in Europe by now if the Leafs kept him. He was destined to fail in Leafland so I'm glad he was able to rebound in an area with less pressure.

3rd game, and he's played well.

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
Gustavsons biggest problem was never his skill but mental toughness. No way he would succeed here.

Tlusty I liked but Burke is a players GM and wanted to give him a better chance to make it. Oh well.

FLASH905

May 9, 2011
I really hope Gustavsson does great in Detroit to once again shut up the "experts" who ran him out of town

Your old Jofa helmet

Oct 2, 2006
Toronto
We gave Gus enough time to succeed, that's fair and he did not use that time. However Reimer was at the same level and we still give him time though he's clearly an NHL backup goalie at most. If you think we are better with Reimer and Scrivens, you are fooling yourself. We are on the same mediocre level

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Tlusty's playing alongside Staal and Semin .. His numbers are inflated, but he's developed into a top 9 two way winger that can score as projected .. Partially because he's out of the spotlight in Carolina

I'm just going to say that Tlusty has worked hard and is worthy of playing with Staal and Semin and deserves the success he has found in Carolina up to this point. At the same time, I don't care that we lost him that much because he's probably not qualitatively better than a lot of our wingers.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
As far as Gustavsson is concerned, the guy just won his first game in Detroit and has only played in 3 games.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
For a laugh ... And if you see any errors don't hesitate to point them out.

Let's compare O'Reilly, the choice for many here to be Kessel's center.

Player|ES TOI |ES Points|ES PP Min|SH TOI|SH Points|SH PP Min|PP TOI|PP Points|PP PP Min|Total TOI|Points|Points Min
Jiri Tlusty|1,032|30|0.029069767|77|1|0.012987013|67|6|0.08955|1177|36|0.030586236
Ryan O'Reilly|1295|40|0.030888031|94|0|0|191|15|0.07853|1581|55|0.034788109

Now using the other players time on ice totals and applying their own point per minute played here is how it would work out:

Player|ES Points|SH Points|PP Points|Total Points
Projected Tlusty|38|1|17|56
Projected O'Reilly|32|0|5|37

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
I still think the monster is going to surprise a lot of people. He is an unorthodox goalie who Allaire tried to control. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up being better then Reims or Scrivens. And we will see it first hand when Detroit moves back into our division next year.

Will Billiams

Jun 12, 2012
Don't really regret losing either of those two guys. They weren't developing here and it was time to move on.

Now a guy I really do regret the Leafs giving up is Alex Steen. He's become a pretty solid player.

Gotta agree with that, hated to see Steen go.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Gotta agree with that, hated to see Steen go.

Don't really regret losing either of those two guys. They weren't developing here and it was time to move on.

Now a guy I really do regret the Leafs giving up is Alex Steen. He's become a pretty solid player.

That was Rotten Ronnie.

I'd speculate it was because he was too Swedish and close to Sundin for Ronnie's liking. Traded him and Colaiacovo for an American. Steen being born in Canada was as Canadian as Ronnie being born in Canada was.

hockeygeek

Apr 28, 2010
Trading Tlusty for Paradis was nothing short of Pejorative Slured. On the same level as the Rask trade. For all the bad trades the Leafs have made over the years those are the two that are unexplainable to me. I'm not a big Ron Wilson basher but I blame the Tlusty trade solely on him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad