Confirmed with Link: Kadri suspended 4 games (rest of the season) for cross-check on Glendening

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
Not comparing kadri at all. I'm comparing how the game was played.
Kadri has his comparable, which is a thing I'm not good at, but from what I've read all over these boards comparing players styles and attitude is a big thing.
What's wrong if people are comparing him to players from decades past?

The game has totally changed. The league is cracking down on (not enough IMO) on head shots and embellishing. Do we want a Marchand or Ribeiro on this team? I don't......

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
So when you mention players from the past decade it is ok then :help:

I get that you dislike him...but wanting some one to give him a beating crosses the line.

Most are active players and not from the 90's

Yes, that's exactly what I said - I want someone to give him a beatdown :help: :shakehead

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
The game has totally changed. The league is cracking down on (not enough IMO) on head shots and embellishing. Do we want a Marchand or Ribeiro on this team? I don't......

I know the game and the policing the game has changed. I was just musing how it has changed.
I agree head shots should be taken out but I also realistically don't think they will be simply due to the fact that accidents happen.
I'm pretty sure we will have to agree to disagree that Kadri did not target the head. Imo he went for the crosscheck yes. He was retaliating, yes. He was head hunting, I think no.
Agitating player is a good thing imo. Dirty player isn't. I see him as the latter.

Leaf of the Mind

BABS WAS BOB
Feb 6, 2015
"I think that Naz has certainly given us every indication on a consistent basis that he has the ability to be a core player and that's the way we feel." - Lou Lamoriello

Anyone see Babs on the pregame? Andi Petrillo asked some pointed questions about it and he didn't seem very put out. Repeated his satisfaction over Naz's season, one of the terms dropped was "outstanding".

Corson kicked Cairns and got suspended from a game 7. Domi's hit on Niedermeyer has already been mentioned. The Samuelsson blindside was not his proudest moment either, despite people's feelings towards the target. Towards the end, Tucker's hotheadedness and contract cost the team more than it helped.
Over time a lot of the animosity for these players has softened, because now people put emotion aside and can see the big contributions. If Naz is an important piece going forward I think the same will will be said of him.

Durrr

Sep 11, 2012
"I think that Naz has certainly given us every indication on a consistent basis that he has the ability to be a core player and that's the way we feel." - Lou Lamoriello

/debate

Snow Dog

Victorious
Jan 3, 2013
GTA
Most of the posters here aren't even old enough to have seen Stevens,Gilmour and Keon play.They all played 20 years(Keon 15) in an era with bench clearing brawls.Kadri has played 4 seasons in a less physical league and has more baggage than the players I mentioned.
Kadri would have been a dead man if he played in that era.
Imagine Naz taking out a wings player like that when Probert was on the team.His jaw would still be wired shut.

Deez Nuts

Jun 4, 2012
While I do agree that the NHL may be targeting Naz, he made his bed and has to sleep in it. It doesn't help that he plays the victim card. At the same time, even though it is a double standard, Keith is arguably the best D in the NHL and Marchard is close to scoring 40 goals. These guys are the best at what they do, which allows some tolerance for foul play for me at least. Meanwhile, Kadri turtles on the ice, thinks he is at Tavares' level, looks like a fool trying to get payback after being hit and criticizes rookies like Eichel who are 10x the player he is. This just rubs me the wrong way and if he was elite/upper tier at anything other than embellishing I wouldn't dislike him as much.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Most of the posters here aren't even old enough to have seen Stevens,Gilmour and Keon play.They all played 20 years(Keon 15) in an era with bench clearing brawls.Kadri has played 4 seasons in a less physical league and has more baggage than the players I mentioned.
Kadri would have been a dead man if he played in that era.
Imagine Naz taking out a wings player like that when Probert was on the team.His jaw would still be wired shut.

Keon was my favorite player as a kid. Times are different today no doubt, I don't see the point of comparing Kadri to Keon though. :help:

Durrr

Sep 11, 2012
Sure - you can debate with Lou

Noo lol I was saying the debate is over in regards to posters around here trying to pretend Lou doesn't mean what he just blatantly said. It's been months of the same posters stating that management probably doesn't like his play, or see him as part of the future, or are pumping up his trade value, yet both Babcock and Lou have reiterated how they see Kadri in the past day, as part of the future.

Last edited:

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009

just to be a little poop stirrer ;) Sorry Durr and your /debate.

Naz has given them every indication on a consistent basis that he can be a core player and that's the way we feel.

...... however we also feel by moving him we can provide ____ and ___ to the team. it's an unfortunate set of circumstances, it's no one's fault. you'd like to keep everyone, but our main priority is to build a complete team and sometimes there are moving parts. that's not on Naz, it's just the way things are.

that sounds kinda Lou-ish doesn't it ;)

(again - I'm teasing) - but as i've said before I honestly think we need to be open minded to ALL players. we don't see everything 360 at times, and if there is a move - to move him that makes us better, than I think you look at it. this isn't just on Naz- - lest someone jumps on me. but it goes to EVERYONE.

Durrr

Sep 11, 2012

Naz has given them every indication on a consistent basis that he can be a core player and that's the way we feel.

...... however we also feel by moving him we can provide ____ and ___ to the team. it's an unfortunate set of circumstances, it's no one's fault. you'd like to keep everyone, but our main priority is to build a complete team and sometimes there are moving parts. that's not on Naz, it's just the way things are.

(again - I'm teasing) - but as i've said before I honestly think we need to be open minded to ALL players. we don't see everything 360 at times, and if there is a move - to move him that makes us better, than I think you look at it.

I agree 100%, I'm not saying nor suggesting that Naz is untouchable. In fact if we draft Matthews and Naz can be moved for immediate help in the form of a top 4 RHD I would be all for it.

You should always be looking to improve the team, but as it stands, Kadri is a significant piece on this team going forward, especially if we draft a winger/D this year. I was just commenting on the fact that posters have been trying to change the interpretation of management's direct words all season, yet both the GM and coach just blatantly said they loved his game this year and see him as part of the future. This doesn't mean he doesn't have a lot to work on in the off season either, because he does, but I'm very conformable going into next season with Kadri/Nylander as the top 6 centers going into next season.

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto

(again - I'm teasing) - but as i've said before I honestly think we need to be open minded to ALL players. we don't see everything 360 at times, and if there is a move - to move him that makes us better, than I think you look at it. this isn't just on Naz- - lest someone jumps on me. but it goes to EVERYONE.

Absolutely but that should apply to every single roster player - just to trade for the sake of trading is not wise

All I am saying is just single outing a player is not fair

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
I agree 100%, I'm not saying nor suggesting that Naz is untouchable. In fact if we draft Matthews and Naz can be moved for immediate help in the form of a top 4 RHD I would be all for it.

You should always be looking to improve the team, but as it stands, Kadri is a significant piece on this team going forward, especially if we draft a winger/D this year. I was just commenting on the fact that posters have been trying to change the interpretation of management's direct words all season, yet both the GM and coach just blatantly said they loved his game this year and see him as part of the future. This doesn't mean he doesn't have a lot to work on in the off season either, because he does, but I'm very conformable going into next season with Kadri/Nylander as the top 6 centers going into next season.

Absolutely but that should apply to every single roster player - just to trade for the sake of trading is not wise

All I am saying is just single outing a player is not fair

i know. I just wanted to bring a little :) to it. that's all.

[i was going to say something else, but it would go against the mod note].

TLeafsFan

A True BeLeafer
May 16, 2014
Eastern Ontario

Chicago thought they were making themselves better at the deadline too.

How many times this decade have the Leafs made themselves better through trade by trading one of their best drafted picks, prospects and players to acquire a "better" or "elite" player?

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

In fact, with Kadri having considerably more trade value than Bozak you can pretty much gaurantee it.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Smart rats can make a difference. Komarov could make a difference because he goes after guys like Stamkos, Crosby and Ovie and if he happens to get sent tot he box he takes one of those guys with him. Kadri goes after guys like Glendenning, Fraser, etc and we know the results there.

A power play is a power play.

Kadri is better at giving his team the man advantage.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site

How many times this decade have the Leafs made themselves better through trade by trading one of their best drafted picks, prospects and players to acquire a "better" or "elite" player?

Schenn for van Riemsdyk (Schenn had a strong group of supporters here ... saw what they wanted to see)

Stajan and gang for Phaneuf

Have they traded for any decent player otherwise?

Kadri being suspended is unlikely to change his value.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009

as the mods asked not to talk about it - i'm not answering that question here.

Purity*

Jan 29, 2010
Does anyone actually believe Babcock or Lamoriello would come out and say something like"the guy's a problem and he's gone as soon as we get a bidder".Not a chance.Remember the quote of making this a safe place to play.The coach and manager are covering his ass.Nothing more.

We get it. And if he said it in more of a neutral connotation you would be all over this board plastering it and painting it negatively. You're pretty predictable nowadays.

Durrr

Sep 11, 2012
In fact, with Kadri having considerably more trade value than Bozak you can pretty much gaurantee it.

With this, I disagree. Bozak is as good as good regardless of what happens imo. They've already tried to trade him for two seasons in a row, I can't see them just stopping when his value is at probably an all time high.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
With this, I disagree. Bozak is as good as good regardless of what happens imo. They've already tried to trade him for two seasons in a row, I can't see them just stopping when his value is at probably an all time high.

Are you saying Kadri doesn't hold more trade value?

Durrr

Sep 11, 2012
Does anyone actually believe Babcock or Lamoriello would come out and say something like"the guy's a problem and he's gone as soon as we get a bidder".Not a chance.Remember the quote of making this a safe place to play.The coach and manager are covering his ass.Nothing more.

You can repeat this all you want but at this point all it amounts to is you not liking the message and deciding to ignore it.

Considering just last season the president of the organization pretty much said that Kadri had a problem (and called him out on it and gave him a chance to fix it), I definatly do not expect some of the most respected names in the industry to be outright calling him a core player and part of the future if they don't mean it or support him at this point.

Again, this doesn't mean he's untouchable in any regard, but right now expect that he's here to stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad