Confirmed with Link: Kadri sent home after being late to team meeting

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
This would not fit the it only happened once refrain, or it wasn't an important meeting, or its everyone's elses fault narrative. As far as I can gather from reading this thread.

People really need to start listening to interviews and to start holding the player more accountable for his own actions.

How do fans hold players accountable? The team held him accountable, how can I?

HockeyCA

Dec 15, 2009
What are his issues?

Horachek did not say, but implying in and of itself is enough for me.. This isn't the first time we have heard this either.. Kadri to me is more like Evander Kane than Jonathan Toews when it comes to one's professionalism and leadership qualities, just my opinion of course.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Horachek did not say, but implying in and of itself is enough for me.. This isn't the first time we have heard this either.. Kadri to me is more like Evander Kane than Jonathan Toews when it comes to one's professionalism and leadership qualities, just my opinion of course.

We didn't hear anything this time. Did we hear anything the other times?

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
That's your opinion on a person you have never met and have no contacts to?

Guy Boucher

Oct 22, 2008
You have a different interpretation? Ok then. I'll let others decide which interpretation is more rational.

Sure. Everyone will agree that when Dale Hunter, Pete DeBoer, Dallas Eakins (and even Carlyle) speak glowingly of Kadri and his character that they're all lying through their teeth.

But when Horachek - the coach who has increased Kadri's playing time - says something exceedingly vague and unclear, it means that Kadri is a cancer.

Rational.

HockeyCA

Dec 15, 2009
That's your opinion on a person you have never met and have no contacts to?

What's your opinion on Jonathan Toews? What's your opinion on Evander Kane? How do we formulate our opinions on those players?

My point is we do not need to personally know these players. Their actions and communications with the media can be enough.

HockeyCA

Dec 15, 2009
Sure. Everyone will agree that when Dale Hunter, Pete DeBoer, Dallas Eakins (and even Carlyle) speak glowingly of Kadri and his character that they're all lying through their teeth.

But when Horachek - the coach who has increased Kadri's playing time - says something exceedingly vague and unclear, it means that Kadri is a cancer.

Rational.

We were really only specifically talking about the interpretation of Horachek's specific quote.. I took it to mean one thing, and you didn't. What did he say again, something along the lines of discussing "past events" with Kadri, along with this specific instance that led to him being a healthy scratch. Not sure how else to interpret that.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Why aren't people listening to interviews and making up quotes like "he has issues" and getting upset by the things they made up?

It really is baffling.

I listen to interviews, and what Hockey CA elluded to was also metnioned on TSN drive ie Naylor, Feschuk and Arthur. They caught that part of what Horachek said also. Surely this is not all a conspiracy on one player if multiple people heard the same thing.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
What's your opinion on Jonathan Toews? What's your opinion on Evander Kane? How do we formulate our opinions on those players?

My point is we do not need to personally know these players. Their actions and communications with the media can be enough.

And nobody in this thread has any real idea of what Kane is like in the
dressing room. Juding a player based off a handful of 15 second sound bites is an awful idea - and that applies to any player, not just Kadri.

HockeyCA

Dec 15, 2009
And nobody in this thread has any real idea of what Kane is like in the
dressing room. Juding a player based off a handful of 15 second sound bites is an awful idea - and that applies to any player, not just Kadri.

What about actions? Kane was just traded.. Kadri was just suspended.. He was called out by his Head Coach. I think that says a lot, don't you?

Guy Boucher

Oct 22, 2008
We were really only specifically talking about the interpretation of Horachek's specific quote.. I took it to mean one thing, and you didn't. What did he say again, something along the lines of discussing "past events" with Kadri, along with this specific instance that led to him being a healthy scratch. Not sure how else to interpret that.

Yes, you need to ignore context in order to misinterpret or create baseless speculation, which you're doing a great job at. Good for you!

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
Who cares what media guys think? Those guys also thought I was being disrespected and should be enraged over salute-gate when in reality I couldn't possibly have given a ****. Kinda like this Kadri thing.

Snow Dog

Victorious
Jan 3, 2013
GTA
Please don't critisize player #43.It wasn't his fault that the clocks changed.It is the team's fault for not getting someone to give him a wake up call.

ECanuck

Jan 7, 2010
Hamilton
Please don't critisize player #43.It wasn't his fault that the clocks changed.It is the team's fault for not getting someone to give him a wake up call.

Do not talk about player #43. You should only whisper the name in a dark alley. Can you imagine being criticized this much for being late? Sure, we all should be punctual but come on.

Semantics

PUBLIC ENEMY #1
Jan 3, 2007
San Francisco
This is why there's absolutely NO EXCUSE for not showing up for a meeting. They play a game for a living, and make millions doing so. all they have to do is show up on time to meetings, practice, and games. At least Kadri owned it, and took it like a man. But the excuses made for this boy on these boards are borderline sickening.

And that is where hockey culture is backwards and so much different than normal professions. As a professional, what matters is my job performance; that's what I'm accountable for. Being late to a meeting by accident might make me look unreliable and damage my credibility, but my employer would be idiotic to discipline me for it as I am obviously an adult and can recognize the mistake, and any sort of discipline would be counter-productive. Same principle applies here. There are a bunch of players who aren't performing on the ice during games who aren't held accountable, meanwhile you freak out over an honest mistake.

Could you imagine Tim Cook suspending one of his top designers and in the process delaying the launch of the next iPhone for a week just because he was accidentally late to a meeting? Of course not, there's no way in hell that would happen, it would be ridiculous. But that's a "real world" analogy of what happened here.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
I don't think we need to keep this thread open any longer. The issue has been dealt with and discussed, as it appears the team is ready to move on. We've got a dedicated Kadri thread anyway so take any chatter about him (or this) there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad