Confirmed with Link: Kadri sent home after being late to team meeting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyler Biggs*

Team rules are team rules....you miss a meeting or late for practice you get punished....its like this in every sport for every team....another case of the Toronto media over blowing every dam thing that happens

Semantics

PUBLIC ENEMY #1
Jan 3, 2007
San Francisco
Also, if you missed a meeting at work you would get punishment in some form or another. Scratching a player is probably no different than receiving a write up or verbal warning. It doesn't mean the relationship between the two is broken.

Maybe if you work at McDonald's or something. Most people who work in professional jobs wouldn't be, at least not until it's a recurring problem that affects their job performance. And you want to talk about professional? Punishing your employees and customers because one employee made a simple mistake, yeah that's real professional. :shakehead

Horacek and a lot of other coaches need to get over themselves and stop treating their players like slaves. They're grown adult professionals, highly paid ones who have loads of "F U" money. Treat them like dirt and they're just going to end up not respecting you, like what happened to Carlyle.

Last edited:

TheVision

Sep 18, 2011
Maybe if you work at McDonald's or something. Most people who work in professional jobs wouldn't be, at least not until it's a recurring problem that affects their job performance. And you want to talk about professional? Punishing your employees and customers because one employee made a simple mistake, yeah that's real professional. :shakehead

Horacek and a lot of other coaches need to get over themselves and stop treating their players like slaves. They're grown adult professionals, highly paid ones who have loads of "F U" money. Treat them like dirt and they're just going to end up not respecting you, like what happened to Carlyle.

This is why there's absolutely NO EXCUSE for not showing up for a meeting. They play a game for a living, and make millions doing so. all they have to do is show up on time to meetings, practice, and games. At least Kadri owned it, and took it like a man. But the excuses made for this boy on these boards are borderline sickening.

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
This is why there's absolutely NO EXCUSE for not showing up for a meeting. They play a game for a living, and make millions doing so. all they have to do is show up on time to meetings, practice, and games. At least Kadri owned it, and took it like a man. But the excuses made for this boy on these boards are borderline sickening.

You have to understand that many on this board have never worked yet in the real world and think things are as relaxed as at home or school. I know many people who think being on time means leaving home at the time your supposed to be there.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

:laugh: Try and stay strong.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011

We have to remember not all of us work in professional corporate jobs here, people who work in the corporate world know being late is a cardinal sin. This is what they teach in college and university. If you hand in an assignment late. You are penalized. If you are late to class, you are documented as being late. Profs know this. They are preparing young people for the importance on being on time. Being a professional hockey player is like working in the corporate world. There is a lot of structure. One cannot deviate from this and be successful.

Here is Bob Mckenzie said on being late in the NHL. This is why the Kadri incident is a big deal.

McKenzie: Being late is the cardinal sin in hockey

http://www.tsn.ca/radio/mckenzie-being-late-is-the-cardinal-sin-in-hockey-1.226503

TLeafsFan

A True BeLeafer
May 16, 2014
Eastern Ontario
Horachek was noticeably peeved Sunday by the transgression, but appeared ready to move past it a day later. "Things I say to him in my office are between me and him," said the interim coach of his conversation with the 24-year-old, recalling a similar though distinct situation in Nashville when two Predators stayed out late ahead of a playoff game.
"He just told me to keep my head up and don't let it happen again," said Kadri, who apologized to the coaching staff for his mistake.
"It's uncharacteristic of me," he continued. "I've never ever had this happen in my career where I've missed a meeting and been sent home. Like I said, it's uncharacteristic and something that's never going to happen again."

SOURCE: http://www.tsn.ca/leafs-finally-tweak-stale-top-line-1.226781

Nothing more to see here peeps...

Banic

Jun 23, 2010
Toronto

I know people who have gotten fired for missing meetings in the professional world (a fortune 500). And how do we know this wasn't a recurring problem?

mikeo1

Jan 6, 2008
Vancouver
I know people who have gotten fired for missing meetings in the professional world (a fortune 500). And how do we know this wasn't a recurring problem?

Because its toronto, we have a 10-page thread every time Kadri farts. I think we would have heard of something by now if it was recurring.

Guy Boucher

Oct 22, 2008
We have to remember not all of us work in professional corporate jobs here, people who work in the corporate world know being late is a cardinal sin. This is what they teach in college and university. If you hand in an assignment late. You are penalized. If you are late to class, you are documented as being late. Profs know this. They are preparing young people for the importance on being on time. Being a professional hockey player is like working in the corporate world. There is a lot of structure. One cannot deviate from this and be successful.

Here is Bob Mckenzie said on being late in the NHL. This is why the Kadri incident is a big deal.

McKenzie: Being late is the cardinal sin in hockey

http://www.tsn.ca/radio/mckenzie-being-late-is-the-cardinal-sin-in-hockey-1.226503

Good of Bob to explain how this type of thing happens often in the NHL but is usually dealt with in-house and without public spectacle.

bankerwannabe*

hopefully he gets traded soon so I can officially stop even caring a little bit about this team

Guy Boucher

Oct 22, 2008
He actually said it is 6 and a half dozen each way. It's amazing we have a clip and people still misquote him.

Then he said it's usually dealt with in house but people figure it out quickly when the player isn't on the ice.

It's amazing that some people hear only what they want to hear.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Then he said it's usually dealt with in house but people figure it out quickly when the player isn't on the ice.

Did you listen to the entire segment. He said you have to be tone deaf to be late as a Leaf now. Maybe Horachek had enough that he didn't care. I wouldn't blame him. Blame everyone buy the player is the refain here. Anyways, it's there on the link for anyone that wants to listen. Being late is a Cardinal sin if you are a hockey player.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

That seems to be the issue for most anyway.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013

You're right, there's no excuse for this. Kadri should be banned for life. :laugh:

Seriously though, I'm sure you've never been late for anything, anytime, ever, in your entire life, right? :laugh:

Amazing how seriously some people take themselves here. :amazed:

TLeafsFan

A True BeLeafer
May 16, 2014
Eastern Ontario
Did you listen to the entire segment. He said you have to be tone deaf to be late as a Leaf now. Maybe Horachek had enough that he didn't care. I wouldn't blame him. Blame everyone buy the player is the refain here. Anyways, it's there on the link for anyone that wants to listen. Being late is a Cardinal sin if you are a hockey player.

IMO MacKenzie is just feeding off the toxicity of the situation. First time offenses are just that. As long as they are not repeated they are easy to move past.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON

They have to act so that it won't become a recurring thing. Sure, he has F U money in the short term, but if this becomes a recurring issue it will cost him money long term. You can't just let things slide, for the benefit of the team and the player.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
IMO MacKenzie is just feeding off the toxicity of the situation. First time offenses are just that. As long as they are not repeated they are easy to move past.

That's your opinion. But at the end of the day what does this have to do with Kadri being late for a team meeting on professionalism where Horachek was dressing down the team. Tone deaf was an apt description.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad