Kadri Sees Himself As Star (misleading title)

Avec Fromage*

The Sun is trash. Remember this:

sun_large.jpg

?

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
Where is the quote where Kadri says he is a star or that he is looking for star money?

Someone please help...

EDDIE20*

Steve Simmonds' writing style consists of him pulling these so-called "articles" from his ass.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
It reminds me of the PK Subban contract talks last season.

I suspect this may get done in September.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
If Simmons is guilty of anything, it's Plagiarism, a similar story was published nearly a week ago and I posted it in the Free Agent thread.

Shoalts: Leafs staying patient in Kadri and Franson contract negotiations

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/spor...id=rss1&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

By all accounts, Kadri wants a big raise and a long-term contract, one that reflects the star quality he has showed from time-to-time. In 99 NHL games, Kadri has 26 goals and 37 assists, respectable numbers but hardly ones that merit an immediate bump to, say, $4-million a year.

At this point, Nonis can produce a little more than $6-million in cap space by keeping only one of Paul Ranger or Korbinian Holzer as a spare defenceman and going with no extra forwards. But the majority of that cap space is ticketed for Franson.

The Magic Man

With God given hands
Sep 1, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
No quotes involved at all. This also written:

I'm sure the Toronto Sun is privy to information that no one else has. What a bunch of garbage.

I went ahead and added the 'Toronto Sun' prefix along with 'misleading title' because that's what it is.

This deserves an attaboy! Good work.

The Sun is trash. Remember this:

sun_large.jpg

?

WTF!! I don't read that crap, but my god that is terrible. They even counter their own shocking title with a line like "takes it like a man". How can you call him a baby then a man? It's pure garbage reporting. I can't wait for this heap of crap to file for bankruptcy. It's only a matter of time.

I'd love to, but I won't listen to TSN1050 because of Simmons being on it. He's such a snivelling geek. This is his revenge for too many wedgies, my guess.

Anthrax442

Aug 4, 2008
Toronto
www.russianroulette.ca
Just coz it wasn't a real story a week ago, it still isn't a real story. Franson signed, like, 2 days before the camp last year. If you aren't signed 2 weeks after free agency opens, your ass is waiting till September. There has been so little activity throughout summer, which isn't uncommon at all.

Anthrax442

Aug 4, 2008
Toronto
www.russianroulette.ca

WTF!! I don't read that crap, but my god that is terrible. They even counter their own shocking title with a line like "takes it like a man". How can you call him a baby then a man? It's pure garbage reporting. I can't wait for this heap of crap to file for bankruptcy. It's only a matter of time.

I'd love to, but I won't listen to TSN1050 because of Simmons being on it. He's such a snivelling geek. This is his revenge for too many wedgies, my guess.

I find a lot of writers here either suffer from the "They bullied me, so I will show them" syndrome or the "fanboy" syndrome. Or in an extreme case like Cox "I am a god, and whatever I write is gold" syndrome.

You guys should take it less seriously, these idiots get paid to write garbage like that, thankfully there is internet now, and you can chose who to follow and what to read.

BiggestLeafsFanEVER*

I find a lot of writers here either suffer from the "They bullied me, so I will show them" syndrome or the "fanboy" syndrome. Or in an extreme case like Cox "I am a god, and whatever I write is gold" syndrome.

You guys should take it less seriously, these idiots get paid to write garbage like that, thankfully there is internet now, and you can chose who to follow and what to read.

tbh, i don't think there are many fanboys in the media. i feel like most of them hate the team - like it's required or something to get a job as beat writer...you have to be negative.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
meretricious garbage

I agree, there was no need to publish a picture of Kadri, with a baby soother in his mouth, that was definitely not called for and frankly I can understand, why Kadri wants a big increase in his salary but if he is asking for money not available under our cap, he will be either forced to sit out, sign a bridge contract, or be traded.

Another scenario is we deal Liles or another player and sign him to a long-term contract say 4 mill x 3-5 years, the trouble with this scenario is, has he actully shown enough, to warrant this kind of contract, possibly he has but I'm not sure and I also believe Nonis and company, aren't sure either and when you sign a player in a Cap restricted world, you must be really sure, or pay the consequences.

GordieHoweHatTrick

Sep 20, 2009
Toronto
Globe and Mail: "Leafs staying patient in Kadri and Franson contract negotiations ‎"

Toronto Sun: "Kadri's self belief stalling talks with Leafs"

Please stop reading the garbage that is the Sun

mrheat*

I've been reading these forums for many years. The reason i don't post much is because the level of knowledge i have about sports is nowhere near half the people here. Therefore i stay quiet.

But for a group of people so knowledgeable about the game; I would of thought nobody was reading that garbage of a newspaper. Lets be honest, the only thing that newspaper has going for itself is the fact they put the winning lottery numbers in and the sunshine who-er.

GordieHoweHatTrick

Sep 20, 2009
Toronto

The idea is to have it catch your eye and eventually buy it to see what kind of drivel the writers came up with this time. Content be damned.

The Magic Man

With God given hands
Sep 1, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
The idea is to have it catch your eye and eventually buy it to see what kind of drivel the writers came up with this time. Content be damned.

I used to read the Sun years ago everyday at work. Then one day at the store on my way into work I saw a headline that said "Joe-sieve" after a game where Cujo got lit up.

That was the end of me buying the Sun. I get my sports fix online only and read local news, the Spec.

The one thing I do like about the Sun is the format. I don't get why it isn't more popular.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad