Kadri Sees Himself As Star (misleading title)

Ace88*

Put your money where your mouth is Kadri. Sign 1 year for $2.5 and show the world you deserve the big contract.

LilySmoov

May 14, 2011
Yeah, 'cause I'm sure this story wasn't fabricated or exaggerated in an attempt to get readers.

pcruz

Mar 7, 2013
Vaughan
Why do people actually spend seconds, even minutes of their lives listening to, or reading Steve Simmons and Damien Cox? I don't understand it...

Kadri wants to get as much as he can. Every player wants that. Every agent is hired specifically in order to garner as much as possible for each of their clients. This is a priori knowledge. It's not something we need to be taught, it's the basis of the profession.

What are Kadri's demands? Have numbers been leaked? Has Nonis even approached Kadri's camp and offered a contract, other than the qualifying offer?
What kind of term are they looking for? The team, the player.
Until a situation like Alfredsson comes out where we know how much he's been offered and refused, or somebody leaks actual numbers being traded, we have a non story.

I don't understand how Cox and Simmons can make a living on writing what amounts to nothing.

And understand even less the audience given to them.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Would be a more useful article if there was a quote from Kadri about him being a star or a a report of how much he's looking for. Instead it's all speculation on what's already know.

No quotes involved at all. This also written:

Kadri wants to be paid like a star. Big money. Long term. Although no one involved will share the details of the stalled negotiations, whispers around indicate the two sides aren’t close to a deal.

I'm sure the Toronto Sun is privy to information that no one else has. What a bunch of garbage.

I went ahead and added the 'Toronto Sun' prefix along with 'misleading title' because that's what it is.

Ace88*

I went ahead and added the 'Toronto Sun' prefix along with 'misleading title' because that's what it is.

:laugh: fair play. the sun is good for nothing except the sunshine girls. Actually forget that, they're usually grenades.

varano

Jun 27, 2013
Why do people actually spend seconds, even minutes of their lives listening to, or reading Steve Simmons and Damien Cox? I don't understand it...

Kadri wants to get as much as he can. Every player wants that. Every agent is hired specifically in order to garner as much as possible for each of their clients. This is a priori knowledge. It's not something we need to be taught, it's the basis of the profession.

What are Kadri's demands? Have numbers been leaked? Has Nonis even approached Kadri's camp and offered a contract, other than the qualifying offer?
What kind of term are they looking for? The team, the player.
Until a situation like Alfredsson comes out where we know how much he's been offered and refused, or somebody leaks actual numbers being traded, we have a non story.

I don't understand how Cox and Simmons can make a living on writing what amounts to nothing.

And understand even less the audience given to them.

Steve simmons has the personality of a toilet

veedubn1

Jun 7, 2010
What a stupid article by... I shouldn't have to tell you who wrote it by this point.

I don't understand why writing for a Newspaper gives a guy like this the authority to make stuff up.

Does Kadri want a lot of money? Yea.. so do I.

Does Kadri's agent understand the Leafs' cap situation as well as anyone (other than the Leafs)? Yea...

A very disturbing portion of that article talks about how much money the Sedin's make and Tavares as if it's possible for it to be in anyway comparable to Kadri's situation.

Needless to say, that guy pisses me off.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Err, curiosity got to me.

- Kadri searching for star money

- Provides no quotes from Kadri or agent

Classic Sims.

BiggestLeafsFanEVER*

wow. useless article. how about simmons let us know what "star money" kadri is looking for? probably because he has no clue and is just making up **** because he had to hand in a column.

i don't mind kadri getting paid a lot just not yet - he was amazing last season but it was really the first year he'd been that way consistently. he would be able to make more over the long term if he took a short deal right now.

anyway, i just hope they work things out soon because i'll be really upset if he doesn't start the season on time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Duke Silver

Truce?
Jun 4, 2008
Toronto/St. John's
Not a Simmons fan by any means, but I feel he makes fair, if not obvious, points. Basically I can't find fault with anything he said but nothing that he said was news to me.

Simply put, if the Leafs and Kadri were on the same page regarding a bridge deal, it'd be signed by now.

And it is very risky for the Leafs to reward someone long-term for what amounts to a half-season of productivity.

I don't think this would be allowed to be put down in writing, but the Leafs should establish certain performance benchmarks for Kadri to hit over the next 2 seasons of his bridge deal. Basically, Kadri unlocks the terms of his third contract as he reaches specific levels of productivity.

Mystifo

No more Mr.FightGuy
May 26, 2011
YYT
You know when I did papers in University and had no real quotes of factual information they would fail me. Which leads me to ask how did Steve ever pass first level English courses in post secondary education?

ECanuck

Jan 7, 2010
Hamilton
You know when I did papers in University and had no real quotes of factual information they would fail me. Which leads me to ask how did Steve ever pass first level English courses in post secondary education?

He probably had genuine quotes from real people back then. Later on he realized real quotes or good news don't sell.

So, here he is, Simmons Mr. Provocative.

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
Thanks for the heads up, read these comments and didn't even bother opening the article. What a hack.

I'm glad this article is fabricated because if it wasn't you'd have jughead coming in here and telling us about how Kadri is a greedy POS and has an inflated ego etc etc

WWB

Jun 30, 2010
Ontario
Simmons and Cox are brutal. Now that the Sun and the Star have put up these pay-walls wanting us to pay to read these two and their nonsense, I will never read them again. These stupid pay-walls should make them both seriously irrelevant as hockey writers as nobody should ever pay to read their opinions.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Literally not a single source or a single quote in the entire article, nothing even remotely close to "news." This is just a scum journalist making up a bunch of trash to stir the pot. Another useless article by Simmons, as usual. Not hard to see what's going on here, Simmons is too lazy to perform actual research so he just spews a bunch of crap. This is a like a high school essay that a kid hack together 15 minutes before class, 100% ******** with zero real content.

mix1home

Sep 29, 2009
Toronto,ON
Toronto Sun: "Kadri wants Toronto Star money. And Toronto Dominion money. And Bank of Montreal Money. We offered him Canadian Tire money and 6 months free subscription to Toronto Sun. Payer and his agent were contacted, but were unavailable for comments".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad