Kadri Poll

Status
Not open for further replies.

4evaBlue

Bottle of Lightning
Jan 9, 2011
A very good 2nd liner (better than anything we currently have, with the possible exception of JVR). Wouldn't surprise me if he found his way to the first line, though.

Sokil

Ukraine Specialitsky
Apr 29, 2010
Toronto
supermensa.org
That's my whole point! Everyone threw at me -> "look at Kadri's #'s in Junior, he's a way more offensive player than Tucker". Junior means close to nothing, and we'd be very fortunate for him to turn into another Tucker. But even the suggestion at that after the draft had people going crazy.

Welcome to the asylum that is HFBoards.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
I think he can be a first liner but very likely will relegate himself to the second line, will produce top line possibly in his prime. However he still has ways to go, but for the sake of our franchise, let's hope it's soon and we are all wrong him "just" being a second line player.

Grant

LL Genius
Jan 16, 2012
London
thankunotes.jpg

UwbLi.png

I believe 2nd liner, but he may end up playing on the first if he stays in Toronto not because he is a 1st line player, but due to lack of other alternatives.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
I continue to see him as a Ribeiro type of player. In his prime I think his hands and vision will be easily 1st line quality, but he'll be skinny, prone to poor decisions/overhandling the puck, and generally a bit lacking in 2-way game. Basically a guy who you would ideally want as your 2nd line C (i.e. Ribeiro in Dallas behind Richards/Benn, or Ribeiro in Washington behind Backstrom). To get more specific, I think Kadri's game might eventually get a bit more complete/2-way than Ribeiro's, but I don't think he'll be quite as good offensively (more of a 50-70 point guy than a 70-80 point guy IMO).

I think he's NHL ready now, and I hope he gets a shot at centring the 3rd line.

Lupul - Bozak - Kessel
JVR - Grabo - Mac
Kulemin - Kadri - Frattin
Komarov - McClement - Brown

Kingstonian84*

Sep 23, 2012
What calibre player do you think Nazem Kadri will be at the height of his career?

Honestly, I dont feel he has the NHL shot to be a goal scorer, but he does have above average vision and passing skills though. I see him being a good 2nd liner one who can get 15-20g/50-55pts a season.

ConnorTO

Jul 20, 2010
Toronto
i do think he has the skill to be a good player regardless of his light weight

plenty of 180 pound players in the NHL

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
I see him being on the wing and I could see him developing into a player like Versteeg with a little more flare and grit... He will have to be better to earn a top 6 spot though. Somewhere in between versteeg and Marchand.

Lansdown

Feb 1, 2007
Toronto
i picked ahl, he sux. grabovski without the common sense. he'll light it up for the norfolk admirals someday

Guided by Veseys

Nov 14, 2011
Man I wish this was the case but sadly there are tons of Leafs "fans" that actually despise the guy. Don't know why, he's only played in 51 games and played decently enough. For some reason people have some personal **** against the guy.

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
Grabovski isn't exactly known for his common sense. He's like a kamikazee act on ice.

Yes, Grabo is Berezin 2.0!

If Kadri can put anywhere near the same amount of effort Grabo does on a nightly basis, he'll be a very solid 2nd liner.

The tools are there for sure, but he'll never shake that 'soft' label until we see that kind of heart and effort out there every night.

TmlHockeyFan

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Yes, Grabo is Berezin 2.0!

If Kadri can put anywhere near the same amount of effort Grabo does on a nightly basis, he'll be a very solid 2nd liner.

The tools are there for sure, but he'll never shake that 'soft' label until we need to see that kind of heart and effort out there every night.

Grabovski hasn't exactly been a consistent player either.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Solid 2nd line player? I can't decide, kids got talent, but comes across as aloof, at least that's the impression I get. Hopefully he excels, wouldn't that be nice.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I think Ribeiro / Roy production is a good ceiling for him right now, which would mean more of a 2nd liner. Not a bad thing at all.

Drmckool

Truculence!
Jun 16, 2010
From the T.O
I was at the open practice yesterday and he was stationed at my side of the ice for most of it, thus I got a pretty good look at him, and he was extremely impressive offensively, though in the 1-on-1's defensively Kostka -- and I believe Bozak -- ran right through him. That being said he looked really nice on the Komarov-JVR line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad