Kadri Poll

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingBuzzo

A custom title.
Nov 3, 2010
Toronto
I think he's got the vision of a first liner, he's just got to put it together. Randy looks as though he'll be giving him the chance to do just that.

Bravid Nonahan

carlylol = القسوة
Mar 22, 2009
أو&#1585
He's certainly been percolating for a while now, it will be interesting to see if he grabs the bull by the horns.

I'm a big Kadri fan, I'm not going to deny it. I think he has really good hockey smarts. Honestly, we could have a gem on our hands...he was probably in the top 3 of his draft class in terms of offensive skill (Tavares, Duchene, Kadri), and now that he's been under the tutelage of Dallas Eakins for 3 years learning how to play the other side of the puck, and now under Carlyle, I think he's going to be a real solid player.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
Mike Ribeiro like career stats. Has the skill, has the drive, and hopefully Carlyle teaches him the work ethics.

ConnorTO

Jul 20, 2010
Toronto
depends

if he is a fast skater
handles the puck well

he can end up a top tier player
i mean people will always value the guy who can make plays
benefiting the team at all cost

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
I voted 2nd liner but with him I guess he can either become a 1st liner or a 3rd liner, he got the talent and the flaws for anything to happen. I do think he is NHL material.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
I see him as a 1st liner by that i mean he won't be a crosby, stamkos guy but he'll be able to play 1st line center for half the teams in the league at the peak of his career. So my crystal ball says :laugh:

NewFang

Aug 4, 2008
Kadri is not a #1 Center in the NHL. Certainly not on a playoff team. Clearly. I also don't see him as a fit as a bottom 6 guy. So absolute best case scenario IMO is 2nd line player.

I said it when he was drafted, that his offensive ceiling was probably at Tucker levels (good for 25 a year, etc), and got jumped by the koolaid drinkers who threw all kinds of junior stats at me (by the way, Tucker scored 64 goals in his last jr season). Now, we'll be lucky if he even becomes and NHL player.

Bravid Nonahan

carlylol = القسوة
Mar 22, 2009
أو&#1585
Kadri is not a #1 Center in the NHL. Certainly not on a playoff team. Clearly. I also don't see him as a fit as a bottom 6 guy. So absolute best case scenario IMO is 2nd line player.

I said it when he was drafted, that his offensive ceiling was probably at Tucker levels (good for 25 a year, etc), and got jumped by the koolaid drinkers who threw all kinds of junior stats at me (by the way, Tucker scored 64 goals in his last jr season). Now, we'll be lucky if he even becomes and NHL player.

Of course he isn't a #1 centre, he is 22 years old and this is his first year where he's made the team! Was Datsyuk a great player at 22? What about Kesler? What about Pavelski? What about Boyle? What about the Sedins? What about Krejci? What about Grabovski? What about Pacioretty? What about St. Louis? What about Backes? What about Versteeg? What about Andy McDonald?

So what if Tucker had 64 goals in junior? There are players who have scored lots in junior, and then gone on to produce little in the NHL. There are even a few for whom the opposite is true.

NewFang

Aug 4, 2008
Of course he isn't a #1 centre, he is 22 years old and this is his first year where he's made the team!

I'm not talking about now, lol. The guy is barely even an NHL player now. I'm saying I don't see him being a 1st line center, EVER. At least not on a playoff team. I'd love to be proven wrong on this one day.

So what if Tucker had 64 goals in junior? There are players who have scored lots in junior, and then gone on to produce little in the NHL. There are even a few for whom the opposite is true.

That's my whole point! Everyone threw at me -> "look at Kadri's #'s in Junior, he's a way more offensive player than Tucker". Junior means close to nothing, and we'd be very fortunate for him to turn into another Tucker. But even the suggestion at that after the draft had people going crazy.

Mar 26, 2010
1st/2nd line C

Give the kid a shot! He is going to be good! Once he gets his confidence, 30 goal scorer!

mapleleaf979

Jan 14, 2012
Toronto, Ontario

Kadri has more skill in his baby finger than Tucker ever had. Have u ever seen Tucker score a highly skilled goal in the NHL? That 25 goal year was Mats Sundin spoon feeding Tucker. Tucker was a grinder first and foremost. Id love to see Tucker display Kadri's hands like he does in the shootout.

Of course he isnt a #1 yet. Most are not as a Rookies. #2 is good enough down the road for a #7 overall pick. From a point production standpoint. KAdri down the road should at least equal Grabovski's output of 55 ish points per season.

Dangles McGavin

RIP Lounge
Jul 7, 2010
Seattle/Waterloo
I don't expect Kadri to score a lot of goals (maybe 20ish), but his play making will hopefully evolve as he adjusts to the NHL level. I like the idea of a Komarov - Kadri - JVR line.

Could see Kadri putting up like 8g, 17a, 25 points in 48 games. I'd be happy with that.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
Kadri has more skill in his baby finger than Tucker ever had. Have u ever seen Tucker score a highly skilled goal in the NHL? That 25 goal year was Mats Sundin spoon feeding Tucker. Tucker was a grinder first and foremost. Id love to see Tucker display Kadri's hands like he does in the shootout.

Of course he isnt a #1 yet. Most are not as a Rookies. #2 is good enough down the road for a #7 overall pick. From a point production standpoint. KAdri down the road should at least equal Grabovski's output of 55 ish points per season.

Tucker was an underrated offensive player......Tuckers best asset was he was junk yard dog mean! I like Kadri, but he is not a Randy Carlyle type player.....lets hope he has a good start to the season so we can find out his high water level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad