Kadri on pace for a 30 goal/60 point season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hclass47

Apr 28, 2018
leafs traded from a position of strength to fill a weakness. He was trending downwards and was another fail in the post season. He became expendable and traded for the best available offer from a select few due to his limited no trade clause. This was a good hockey trade. Leafs received a mobile rhd and a younger Center with speed and upside. This was a good hockey regardless of Barrie resigns

goleafsgo1990

Feb 7, 2012
leafs traded from a position of strength to fill a weakness. He was trending downwards and was another fail in the post season. He became expendable and traded for the best available offer from a select few due to his limited no trade clause. This was a good hockey trade. Leafs received a mobile rhd and a younger Center with speed and upside. This was a good hockey regardless of Barrie resigns

Trade was ok but not what we needed. These seasons are a bust if Dubas continues to ignore the obvious weaknesses of this roster. Gotta fill in the finesse gaps with some testicular fortitude and upgrade the defensive quality of the top 4 D.

A soft, small, defensively inept and inconsistent offensive D was the last thing this roster needed.

Tlo1

Nov 6, 2017
The key is resigning Barrie otherwise its a fair deal. Barrie and Kerfoot were different players under Babcock.

Reactions: DarkKnight

Durrr

Sep 11, 2012
And if Kadri was here, he'd be on the third line, not getting the time/minutes he is getting in Colorado. not to mention anyone and their puppy would know that Kadri generally plays better when he wants to prove people wrong. so big shock that he's also equally having a season most people predicted.

kadri isn't something we need right now.

Kadri is exactly what we need right now.

We have minimal energy players who can contribute higher then a 3rd line level. Kadri might have been playing on the 3rd line but he could have jumped in when JT was out and provided some much needed jump. Our new coach even could have done something radical, like played him on the top line wing (Woah, crazy idea).

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Brodie is a Jake Gardiner type D who has fantastic underlying numbers but makes awful mistakes at times. On top of that, he is a LD even though he is playing RD and that was clearly not going to work when the trade happened.

Fantastic underlying numbers only when playing with Gio.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005

We have minimal energy players who can contribute higher then a 3rd line level. Kadri might have been playing on the 3rd line but he could have jumped in when JT was out and provided some much needed jump. Our new coach even could have done something radical, like played him on the top line wing (Woah).

Our 3rd line looks great right now.

Koolboss

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
As much as we miss Kadri, and he is thriving with his new team. I would imagine there is would be a good chance Babcock would still be coaching if Kadri was still a Leaf. So glad thats not the case

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
More than Barrie (who's been one of our worst Dmen) and Kerfoot combined.

Was this trade even more awful than originally thought, considering Kadri was also the heart and soul of the team?

Z-Z-Z-Z-Z-Z-Z-Z

Kadri was a 32 goal guy here twice as well...is his 28 goal pace through less than half a season a surprise to anyone especially with his current deployment?

goleafsgo1990

Feb 7, 2012

We have minimal energy players who can contribute higher then a 3rd line level. Kadri might have been playing on the 3rd line but he could have jumped in when JT was out and provided some much needed jump. Our new coach even could have done something radical, like played him on the top line wing (Woah, crazy idea).

Saddens me that we took such a step backwards with that deal :(

Now if Dubas wants to address the grit issue he's gonna waste more assets going after a Kadri 2.0. Not that he would address the issue..because there isn't one :sarcasm:

goleafsgo1990

Feb 7, 2012
As much as we miss Kadri, and he is thriving with his new team. I would imagine there is would be a good chance Babcock would still be coaching if Kadri was still a Leaf. So glad thats not the case

I don't see that. This team was quitting on him for the past year.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph

Now if Dubas wants to address the grit issue he's gonna waste more assets going after a Kadri 2.0. Not that he would address the issue..because there isn't one :sarcasm:

How gritty do you think Kadri was? A couple times a year he'd throw a big hit or do something stupid and get suspended, which he did two years in a row during the playoffs. It's not like he was a consistent physical presence. The fact that he isn't here to do that anymore is not causing any problems.

Reactions: Martin Skoula

Durrr

Sep 11, 2012

I'm a Kadri fan but I was a fan of the trade when it happened, it's the type of trade you need to make when you have 2 centers like AM & JT. Problem is Barrie is not the right exact fit for this team, or has been overwhelmingly mediocre for the season (it's hard to tell). Kerfoot is fine, he's just more of what we don't need, a small, soft forward.

Durrr

Sep 11, 2012
How gritty do you think Kadri was? A couple times a year he'd throw a big hit or do something stupid and get suspended, which he did two years in a row during the playoffs. The fact that he isn't here to do that anymore is not causing any problems.

He was more or so your stereotypical gritty player. Issue is most team's have 2-4 of them and it gives the team an overall reputation even when they don't always play with grit night-in and out.

CreeksideStrangler

Feb 9, 2011
Toronto, ON
I'm confused. We got a defenseman who under Keefe is playing at a .67 ppg pace at a 2.7m cap hit AND a very capable 3C (signed for the next four years at 3.5 I believe) all for a 2C playing a 3C role and that's bad asset management? Not sure what else you would expect someone to get in a trade for Nazem Kadri.
read my post. Barrie isnt exactly picking up where he left off in Colorado and he is most likely gome next year... bad management #1. Kerfoot is ok... disappeared a while ago. thats #2. I wouldve rather a 1st

The Apologist

Apologizing for Leaf garbage since 1979
Oct 16, 2007
Leaf Nation Hell
read my post. Barrie isnt exactly picking up where he left off in Colorado and he is most likely gome next year... bad management #1. Kerfoot is ok... disappeared a while ago. thats #2. I wouldve rather a 1st
Barrie is looking like a 50 pt dman under Keefe, exactly what he was in Colorado. Even if he leaves, he's a #2 dman and we're paying him 2.7. that's already good value for Naz.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I'm a Kadri fan but I was a fan of the trade when it happened, it's the type of trade you need to make when you have 2 centers like AM & JT. Problem is Barrie is not the right exact fit for this team, or has been overwhelmingly mediocre for the season (it's hard to tell). Kerfoot is fine, he's just more of what we don't need, a small, soft forward.

again i have to ask.
if Naz is 6 flat and Kerfot is 5'10....
how "small" is Kerfoot? basically the same size as Naz give an inch. it's not like Naz the second coming of Chara in size or something.

Reactions: Menzinger

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
2nd line minutes = 30 goal season for him.
He was never going to get those minutes in toronto and his NTC narrowed the market. If Barrie were producing at his normal rate then this deal wouldn't be an issue.

CreeksideStrangler

Feb 9, 2011
Toronto, ON
Barrie is looking like a 50 pt dman under Keefe, exactly what he was in Colorado. Even if he leaves, he's a #2 dman and we're paying him 2.7. that's already good value for Naz.
even if he leaves??? he is signed for 2 more years at nothing for a 30/30 top 6 forward... this is obviously not a condending year.. if barrie leaves it is a waste of a very valuable player. pi$$ on ghe playoff suspensions. Boston was a far better team and we were lucky to get the puckluck with our offense. we are currently too 1 dementional and at a serious disadvantage against well rounded top teams. our offense cant win every game... as is very apparent.

LeafingTheWay

May 31, 2014

Mikheyev has more points than Kadri at even-strength. In fact even with Kadri playing on the stacked Avs PP and in a 5top-6 role, Kadri only has 1 more point in total more than Mikheyev.

So I'm not sure what you're point is here. Dubas replaced Kadri's offense with Mikheyev while also adding a top-4 RHD and a young 3C. Sure his physicality would've been nice, but he was completely invisible last year regular season with limited physicality for some reason. And I'm a Kadri fan.

Reactions: CreeksideStrangler

Pacholeafs

Oct 13, 2018
Kerfoot may be less skilled than Kadri but I am fan of his motor and he fits perfectly on the 3rd line.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
again i have to ask.
how "small" is Kerfoot? basically the same size as Naz give an inch. it's not like Naz the second coming of Chara in size or something.
Well compared to all the other players on the Leafs he is! ( attitude wise)

Hattrickkane88

Apr 11, 2019
again i have to ask.
They aren't basically the same size though.

How it works is that the taller you are the less an inch will matter, Like with Chara you can take away an inch and he's still taller or the same height as everyone in the league BUT for shorter players if the average league height is 6ft ( stats say 6'1 but i believe it's 6ft ) then Kadri would be the same height or taller then roughly 50% the league.
Drop somebody down to 5'11and they become taller or the same height as just 40% the league. Drop them again to 5'10 and they will be taller or the same height as just 30% the league.

Again my numbers will be off by a bit but just think about it, take a foot off a 7 foot human and he's still 6ft. take a foot off someone who's 6ft and he's a midget.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad