Kadri on pace for a 30 goal/60 point season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
And if Kadri was here, he'd be on the third line, not getting the time/minutes he is getting in Colorado. not to mention anyone and their puppy would know that Kadri generally plays better when he wants to prove people wrong. so big shock that he's also equally having a season most people predicted.

kadri isn't something we need right now.

cesareborgia

Jun 9, 2010
And if Kadri was here, he'd be on the third line, not getting the time/minutes he is getting in Colorado. not to mention anyone and their puppy would know that Kadri generally plays better when he wants to prove people wrong. so big shock that he's also equally having a season most people predicted.

Completely disagree. A Kadri is exactly what we are lacking. Someone not afraid to take or give a big bit. Someone who plays with determination and heart. Someone with grit who will have the team's back. Someone who can get the team fired up.

A Kadri is exactly what we need. Kerfoot is invisible.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
More than Barrie (who's been one of our worst Dmen) and Kerfoot combined.

Was this trade even more awful than originally thought, considering Kadri was also the heart and soul of the team?

It wouldn't be the Leafs forum, if we didn't try and second guess every move we've ever made.

Kadri needed to go, and I absolutely loved the player.... Was one of my favourite guys on the team, but after the second playoffs suspension, we just needed to move on.

We got back a high scoring RHD, that Babcock neutered. He's had 10 points in the last 14 games. I mean that's a 60 point pace right there.

We also got back a serviceable #3C, on a contract with term, at a reasonable rate.

Look, we did ok with the deal, even if Barrie doesn't work out for this team.

A deal had to be made, we found one that addressed both of our needs... the real question should be... what were the alternative trades available for us, and in hindsight, could we have found a physical, defensive RHD, and #3C from someone else?

Griffin76

May 17, 2014
Nova Scotia
On pace doesn't mean it will happen. Kadri is at worst 2nd line C on Colorado and he has plenty of time with MacKinnon. Here he would be the 3rd line C and would probably have close to the same production numbers as Kerfoot. Obviously more goals but similar totals. And Barrie is starting to look like the guy we expected. Maybe we should revisit this when the season is over?

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Completely disagree. A Kadri is exactly what we are lacking. Someone not afraid to take or give a big bit. Someone who plays with determination and heart. Someone with grit who will have the team's back. Someone who can get the team fired up.

A Kadri is exactly what we need. Kerfoot is invisible.
And then get himself suspended.

Reactions: LFCTML

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017

That’s true, third line here, under utilized asset and why a trade made sense, but the fact is we traded a 2C and those are prime pieces.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
This trade was awful. Barrie has made our D worse. Kerfoot is a little princess.

I'd rather a player who gets suspended once or twice a season but actually dishes out hits, rather than these two wimps.

Awful, awful trade.
No Barrie is playing very well now and made our defense better. Kadri is a little princess who likes hurting other players.
The trade was good.
If your calling the team wimps, why are you a Leafs fan?

cesareborgia

Jun 9, 2010
No Barrie is playing very well now and made our defense better. Kadri is a little princess who likes hurting other players.
The trade was good.
If your calling the team wimps, why are you a Leafs fan?
The logo on the front is more important than any individual player. Kadri in the blue and white makes us a much better team.

Imagine a line of Moore - Kadri - Hyman. It would provide all the energy and grit we need. Ideal 3rd line.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
But do we want to resign Barrie? Consider how much he will cost. And now factor in his awful play.
I wouldn’t resign him, rather keep Muzzin, feel we need his “type” more with this group contruct. But, I’ll stick to what I said when the trade was made, it’s an okay deal IF Barrie stays for more than one year, otherwise it’s almost nonsensical to my view.

Barrie is playing better, but the point is one year and a third liner for a prime center is awful asset management.

Reactions: diceman934

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
What a ridiculous statement. We are simply criticizing an awful, awful trade that our GM pulled the trigger on.

We are a better team with Kadri, it's that simple.
We already did and your starting a love affair with a player who isn't here.
Kadri got suspended 2 years in a row. We are not better with him. We took a 3-2 series lead without him, was Kadri the problem?

LFCTML

Nov 29, 2019
I mean look at Connor Browns scoring. That doesn't mean he would be doing that here on the 4th line.

Our team has had a lot of talent at forward so our castoffs get bigger roles on their new teams.
This.
Pretty damn good trade for both sides IMO.
Still can't believe we got Barrie with 50% retention. He definitely had a rough start this year with Babs, but since then he's been getting better every game.

Reactions: stickty111

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
The logo on the front is more important than any individual player. Kadri in the blue and white makes us a much better team.

Imagine a line of Moore - Kadri - Hyman. It would provide all the energy and grit we need. Ideal 3rd line.
Kadri was lost on the 3rd line. He also was a selfish player. Making hits once in a a while doesn't equal heart and soul. Kadri isn't on the team anymore. I care about the Leafs.

Reactions: Loosie and LFCTML

BodaciousBeefBazooka

Go Leafs Go
Apr 4, 2013
Toronto

I agree partially except for the last statement. His presence is something this team does need actually. We have a bunch of pansies skating around with no backbone or feistiness. Kadri brings that edge. But what do I know.

cesareborgia

Jun 9, 2010
I wouldn’t resign him, rather keep Muzzin, feel we need his “type” more with this group contruct. But, I’ll stick to what I said when the trade was made, it’s an okay deal IF Barrie stays for more than one year, otherwise it’s almost nonsensical to my view.

Barrie is playing better, but the point is one year and a third liner for a prime center is awful asset management.
It absolutely is awful asset management. There is no point in resigning Barrie considering we have zero need for a player like him. Even if he came cheap. He is redundant.

We need a Kadri.

Reactions: Koolboss
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad