Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
I heard he may hold out next training camp until he at least gets an A

But he’s good at leading stretching. You give that guy what he wants

giphy.gif

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
Kadri will be traded after what he did. You can't have a player that doesn't understand the boundaries and in doing so costs his team at the biggest time of the year. How had Tom Wilson, Ryan Reaves to name two tough guys who've crossed the line, managed to understand that the playoffs you stay within the rules.

We can't have a guy like that on our team, his actions were selfish, ya he was protecting Marleau my butt, he was getting revenge from the knee hit. I think we package him for a top 4 RHD, who replaces him? Short term UFA signing or international maybe after that Brooks who's a couple years away. Ya good contract, ya good player but 2 series in a row he's handicapped us, management has to assess this and ask themselves is it worth it to have a guy who sees red and costs the team when it matters..for me he's gone

mapleleaf979

Jan 14, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
When they panned to Kadri in the suite fist pumping after the Leafs scored.. it fired me up, I yelled out. Look at the reaction from the other 6 Leafs with him, no emotion, Kadri loves this squad.

Kadri taught the team a lesson too that act showed positives toward who he is....loyal, pride, courage and he cares who about his team-mates. This can bring this team together, he showed u have to stand up for each other ,push back. Kadri is the emotional leader of this team who went to an extreme to stand up against the Bruins in Game 2, when no one else on the Leafs had the courage too. He was the best player in Game 2 that was extremely violent, Kadri has a massive heart.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
The players love Kadri. Some of the fan scolds dont. Then said scolds will wonder why the leafs dont address a centre depth issue and why the team is full of eunuchs. Kadris action did nothing but force the addressing of bad officiating that helps the leafs this playoffs. Good things happen to those with balls.

Einzakin

Jan 20, 2011
Kadri was selfish again and could have hurt the team. He gave Boston game 2 with that 5 minutes PP. He's gone next year but definitely doesn't deserve a letter. Captains go to people who can control their emotions.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
The players love Kadri. Some of the fan scolds dont. Then said scolds will wonder why the leafs dont address a centre depth issue and why the team is full of eunuchs. Kadris action did nothing but force the addressing of bad officiating that helps the leafs this playoffs. Good things happen to those with balls.

Interesting perspective, maybe there's something to this. My first reaction was that Kadri's gone but having had a few days to digest, I'm not so sure.

How his teammates feel has to be a part of it. If they're pissed at him that's a strike against him but if they're happy about what he did, that's a big plus in his favour. How much should we read into the fact that he leads the stretching at practice? I'm sure some will say that's nothing but I'm not sure, perhaps it's an indication that his teammates view him as well, a teammate and a valued one at that and having him lead the stretch was their way of saying we love you man.

How the rest of the playoffs go is huge. If we lose to Boston, it's hard to see him being here next season, if we get past them and maybe win another round or two or ... gasp ... even win the cup with him being a big part of it ... well obviously the further we go and the better he plays, the better his chances are of staying.

Trade value is always a big thing, no matter what happens we're not giving him away so if his suspensions scare suitors away and teams try to scoop him up for a song, he's staying.

I've always been a big fan of Kadri and hopefully this story has many chapters yet to be written. Gotta get past Boston first.

GLG!!

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Kadri was selfish again and could have hurt the team. He gave Boston game 2 with that 5 minutes PP. He's gone next year but definitely doesn't deserve a letter. Captains go to people who can control their emotions.

It's ridiculous to call players who have repeatedly sacrificed their body for the good of team selfish.

Maybe he'll be gone next year, maybe not, we'll see.

Agree that he's not a good choice for captain.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
When they panned to Kadri in the suite fist pumping after the Leafs scored.. it fired me up, I yelled out. Look at the reaction from the other 6 Leafs with him, no emotion, Kadri loves this squad.

Kadri taught the team a lesson too that act showed positives toward who he is....loyal, pride, courage and he cares who about his team-mates. This can bring this team together, he showed u have to stand up for each other ,push back. Kadri is the emotional leader of this team who went to an extreme to stand up against the Bruins in Game 2, when no one else on the Leafs had the courage too. He was the best player in Game 2 that was extremely violent, Kadri has a massive heart.

Take out “Kadri”... insert “Marchand.”

Yes, that’s what you are cheering for.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013

Fighting takes balls.

Cheap shots reflect a lack of.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Kadri will be traded after what he did. You can't have a player that doesn't understand the boundaries and in doing so costs his team at the biggest time of the year. How had Tom Wilson, Ryan Reaves to name two tough guys who've crossed the line, managed to understand that the playoffs you stay within the rules.

We can't have a guy like that on our team, his actions were selfish, ya he was protecting Marleau my butt, he was getting revenge from the knee hit. I think we package him for a top 4 RHD, who replaces him? Short term UFA signing or international maybe after that Brooks who's a couple years away. Ya good contract, ya good player but 2 series in a row he's handicapped us, management has to assess this and ask themselves is it worth it to have a guy who sees red and costs the team when it matters..for me he's gone

I agree with you but with one exception.

He will be traded of course but mainly for cap room. This just seals it.

Ignatius Reilly

Nov 25, 2010
The pic of Naz leading the team stretch is cute and all that but.....

Who's leading it today?

Anyone showing any respect for the leadership of the guy who put himself in front of the puck TWICE in the final seconds of a 1-goal game recently?

That's a way more compelling "he should get a letter" story, IMO.

Commander Clueless

Apathy of the Leaf
Sep 10, 2008
I feel like there's a difference between showing heart and leadership, and throwing a temper tantrum.

One of those uses emotion to fuel the team, and the other uses emotion to hurt the team.

Naz leans more towards the latter at this point.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
It's ridiculous to call players who have repeatedly sacrificed their body for the good of team selfish.

Maybe he'll be gone next year, maybe not, we'll see.

Agree that he's not a good choice for captain.

he nearly sacrificed a stick he could of broken that on debrusks head, those things are expensive.

No he should not get a letter, he should also not be traded unless its a really good deal either

Reactions: kb and Gary Nylund

kb

Aug 28, 2009
He will most likely be wearing a letter next year. Right where there used to be a Leaf logo.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Leafs play better without Kadri in the lineup so yeah, he definitely needs to wear a letter next year.

:help:

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
The players love Kadri. Some of the fan scolds dont. Then said scolds will wonder why the leafs dont address a centre depth issue and why the team is full of eunuchs. Kadris action did nothing but force the addressing of bad officiating that helps the leafs this playoffs. Good things happen to those with balls.[/QUOTE]

It's not like that was his plan though, so he deserves no credit for taking himself out of the line up. Pretty sure he does not think it's a good thing sitting out the rest of the series.
After the Leafs eliminate the Bruins maybe Kadri can get suspended again when the officiating gets bad in the next round.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Yeah....well I guess that people could get a bit but hurt that our lone scorer for that game is out. At least he frees up a roster spot while he is out unlike some players who do nothing while on the ice.

Reactions: Stamkos4life

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
Yeah....well I guess that people could get a bit but hurt that our lone scorer for that game is out. At least he frees up a roster spot while he is out unlike some players who do nothing while on the ice.

A blessing in disguise perhaps.

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
What about last year when he similarly went after someone who targetted his teammate?

Their are rules he went way past the line...you grab the guy and drop the gloves not run him head first or cross check him in the head

moon111

Oct 18, 2014
When Dubas is giving out $10 contracts left-right-and center, you have to cut somewhere. Gards, Hainsey, Kadri, there's a lot of fat that's going to be trimmed.

Stamkos4life

Oct 25, 2018
Some of you guys honestly want to get rid of kadri, the only forward on our team who will actually stand up for teammates?

Just wild. It's like most of you have never played sports.

Teammates appreciate that kind of thing. If not kadri wouldn't be leading the stretching

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad