Kadri, how is this even possible?

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I find this thread hilarious, particularly the people who respond to the question "why is he weak defensively at 5-on-5" with stats on how many goals he scores, and especially how many he scores on the PP.

Yeah a better answer to the question "why is he weak defensively at 5-on-5" would be "he isn't".

Reactions: Pi

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
Kadri is a fantastic hockey player, on a fantastic contract I will never understand the reasoning the thinly veiled bias against him.

That being said, with our backs against the cap wall, and (hypothetically) Tavares/Matthews/Marner/Nylander/Kap all locked up/ more likely to be here long term I can see circumstances where it makes sense to move him in the off-season

Big caveat it has to be on an absolute steal of a replacement player, an effective top 9 guy somewhere below 2 million, ideally an ELC. Ways that could happen I can think of
-Nylander to C, ELC replacement at wing
-Brooks has a big year + either gets an NHL taste and does well or they're ready to gamble
-Aaltonen is tempted back with a roster spot
-the Kadri return features an NHL ready 3C with upside on an ELC or bridge

RLF

May 5, 2014
I can only speak for myself but the third post in was blaming Brown another winger. I like Kadri as a player but it's frustrating that every time he struggles it's never his fault.

The bias on both sides is hard to take sometimes. It is why reasonable debates about Naz cannot be had.

You have
Group A. -Ardent Kadri supporters who attack as soon as anyone suggests he is not as great as they feel
Group C. -Those who are unfairly knocking Naz in order to try and show group A that he is not everything they think he is.
Group B. - Hopefully the largest group that can give him compliments but also can see a wart when one exists (Group A will be all over me for that last part. lol)

Reactions: The Apologist

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
The bias on both sides is hard to take sometimes. It is why reasonable debates about Naz cannot be had.

You have
Group A. -Ardent Kadri supporters who attack as soon as anyone suggests he is not as great as they feel
Group C. -Those who are unfairly knocking Naz in order to try and show group A that he is not everything they think he is.
Group B. - Hopefully the largest group that can give him compliments but also can see a wart when one exists (Group A will be all over me for that last part. lol)
Haven't seen much of C. Criticisms usually begin with "Kadri is hot garbage. Time to trade his ass".

Reactions: diceman934

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
Haven't seen much of C. Criticisms usually begin with "Kadri is hot garbage. Time to trade his ass".

Group C is all but non existent apart from maybe 1-2 posters, problem is group A sometimes puts people from group B in C if they say anything critical.

Anyways hopefully his fluke goal Saturday helps turn things around or the new lines work out a little better for him.

RLF

May 5, 2014
Group C is all but non existent apart from maybe 1-2 posters, problem is group A sometimes puts people from group B in C if they say anything critical.

Anyways hopefully his fluke goal Saturday helps turn things around or the new lines work out a little better for him.

Yep, but puts pretty much most from B into C. I think group C has more than 1-2 posters, but not as many as Group A.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Yep, but puts pretty much most from B into C. I think group C has more than 1-2 posters, but not as many as Group A.

Group A is why I stick around these threads. If you don’t fight back they think they run the show.

I’ll tell you, putting the leader of Group A on ignore has done wonders for my forum experience.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Kadri is a fantastic hockey player, on a fantastic contract I will never understand the reasoning the thinly veiled bias against him.

That being said, with our backs against the cap wall, and (hypothetically) Tavares/Matthews/Marner/Nylander/Kap all locked up/ more likely to be here long term I can see circumstances where it makes sense to move him in the off-season

Big caveat it has to be on an absolute steal of a replacement player, an effective top 9 guy somewhere below 2 million, ideally an ELC. Ways that could happen I can think of
-Nylander to C, ELC replacement at wing
-Brooks has a big year + either gets an NHL taste and does well or they're ready to gamble
-Aaltonen is tempted back with a roster spot
-the Kadri return features an NHL ready 3C with upside on an ELC or bridge

Good for you.

Welcome to the “consider it for the right offer” club.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Common thing in forums. You see the worst elements get a disproportionate amount of attention. The poster writing barely comprehensible, irrational crap gets an emotional response, which leads to many a good poster getting overlooked because people get emotionally invested.

Society hasn't done a good job keeping up with globalization. We are as a people not very good at handling the now copious amount of available information, and we struggle to apply normal societal order to the rather boundless communities we get through internet. Nowadays, the village idiot has a stage and an audience.

(Yes, I'm aware I'm probably the last person who should say something about this considering the amount of time I've spent on the defensive against just the kind of outliers you mention in your post.)

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
Good for you.

Welcome to the “consider it for the right offer” club.

Not quite ready for my Platinum Elite "Fervently Wish the Right Offer Comes Along And Use Facetious Arguments to Justify My Fervor" membership card though.

It's a pretty big caveat. There's only two situations where it's cap efficient to move him, ELC/ comparably priced 3C or Nylander to C. Neither are exactly great odds. I've got hope in Brooks/Aaltonen but huge longshots

Reactions: Gallagbi

RLF

May 5, 2014
Common thing in forums. You see the worst elements get a disproportionate amount of attention. The poster writing barely comprehensible, irrational crap gets an emotional response, which leads to many a good poster getting overlooked because people get emotionally invested.

Society hasn't done a good job keeping up with globalization. We are as a people not very good at handling the now copious amount of available information, and we struggle to apply normal societal order to the rather boundless communities we get through internet. Nowadays, the village idiot has a stage and an audience.

(Yes, I'm aware I'm probably the last person who should say something about this considering the amount of time I've spent on the defensive against just the kind of outliers you mention in your post.)

Damn Society!lol

We all get caught up in it at times...except me.:sarcasm:

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018

Did you just call pookie a village idiot:sarcasm:

Reactions: Gary Nylund

RLF

May 5, 2014
Group A is why I stick around these threads. If you don’t fight back they think they run the show.

I’ll tell you, putting the leader of Group A on ignore has done wonders for my forum experience.

Then isn't he running the show without you there to fight back?:eek:;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad