Kadri, how is this even possible?

Leaf4Life

Feb 8, 2010
Remember when "Nifty Mittens" played his first NHL game and he was literally the most "skilled" guy on the team?

Flash forward almost 10 years and there are now 5 guys (Matthews, Marner, Tavares, Nylander, Kapanen) who all make his skill level look rather "average". We've come a long way :)

Reactions: ULF_55

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Poor motherf***er hit a post last night and tonight too. Think he’ll have a strong second half.

IrishInOntario

May 18, 2013
Hit another crossbar last night. The haters are going come out of the woodwork to hates on his stats come the end of the year because he's only on pace to score maybe 23-25 goals.... But nobody has been more unlucky in the NHL this year. Even if half the posts and crossbars he's hit this year had gone in, he'd already have 15+ goals and be only pace for 30+... Dude can't win right now and he's worked with about 4 different line combinations. I really hope that when Hyman gets back he just settles in with Kadri and Marleau so they can build some chemistry and confidence as a group.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Hit another crossbar last night. The haters are going come out of the woodwork to hates on his stats come the end of the year because he's only on pace to score maybe 23-25 goals.... But nobody has been more unlucky in the NHL this year.

If interested, the NHL tracks this stuff:

NHL.com - Stats (you may have to refresh the report.. "Shots by Type")

Kadri has hit 3 Crossbars this year. Sequin leads with 5

Kadri has hit 5 posts. Gaudreau and Ovechkin lead with 7

Kadri has fired 4 shots over the net, tied for 78th

Kadri has fired 43 shots wide of the net, tied for 8th overall

Total missed shots for Kadri are 55. 8th worst in the NHL. Ovechkin leads with 80

IrishInOntario

May 18, 2013

Thanks! Good to know where to find the numbers tracked.

The "nobody" in my post was a little bit of hyperbole, but thanks for confirming my thought that Kadri is among the NHL leaders in terms of being unlucky this year. Earlier, I hypothesized that if 50% of Kadri's posts and crossbars had went in, he'd have 15+ goals by now... Looking at the combined 12 crossbars and posts he's hit right now, half of that would put him at exactly 15 goals, so it looks like my thought was tracking in the right direction!

Reactions: meng666

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013

The "nobody" in my post was a little bit of hyperbole, but thanks for confirming my thought that Kadri is among the NHL leaders in terms of being unlucky this year. Earlier, I hypothesized that if 50% of Kadri's posts and crossbars had went in, he'd have 15+ goals by now... Looking at the combined 12 crossbars and posts he's hit right now, half of that would put him at exactly 15 goals, so it looks like my thought was tracking in the right direction!

Indeed it was tracking in the right direction kind sir.

Big picture is if that was true for everyone on that list... goals would be way up :)

As a former goalie, I love my posts. And you missed high or wide because I played my angles right not some bad shooter mojo.

Weird though that the NHL doesn't track shots off the posts for goalies. That would be an interesting look.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Poor mother****er hit a post last night and tonight too. Think he’ll have a strong second half.

Me too. No reason to expect anything else.

Indeed. There's so much more to Kadri than the numbers too, such a beauty!

Melo Meds

Jul 30, 2018
He’s had extremely bad luck. I still think he finished the year off with 25 + goals and over 50 points easily. How many third line centres can do that?

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
If interested, the NHL tracks this stuff:

NHL.com - Stats (you may have to refresh the report.. "Shots by Type")

Kadri has hit 3 Crossbars this year. Sequin leads with 5

Kadri has hit 5 posts. Gaudreau and Ovechkin lead with 7

Kadri has fired 4 shots over the net, tied for 78th

Kadri has fired 43 shots wide of the net, tied for 8th overall

Total missed shots for Kadri are 55. 8th worst in the NHL. Ovechkin leads with 80

The guy recently had 3 post in one game, this stat is like the hit's and blocked shots stats that come out of Boston and Philly. I call BS on the accuracy of these stats.

The guy is mentioned in the same breath as Ovie, Seguin, Gaudreau... pretty lofty company Kadri keeps. :) I wonder if Kadri has a penchant for diving in public water fountains too?

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
I wonder if Kadri has a penchant for diving in public water fountains too?
giphy.gif

Melo Meds

Jul 30, 2018
PDO at EV is 100.3 and 101.7 in all situations.
I recall him hitting 6-7 posts this year and a few crossbars off the top of my head. Also he is currently below his career average shooting percent. To me that’s unlucky. I know he will be better.

lovemyleafs

Jan 23, 2017
Remember when "Nifty Mittens" played his first NHL game and he was literally the most "skilled" guy on the team?

Flash forward almost 10 years and there are now 5 guys (Matthews, Marner, Tavares, Nylander, Kapanen) who all make his skill level look rather "average". We've come a long way :)

Holyyyyyyy Nifty Mitts was something else.
Also, I love how JT was on the ice for that filthy hattrick goal.

DoobieDubas

Legalize Hitting Again
Jul 15, 2018
Toronto
Indeed it was tracking in the right direction kind sir.

Big picture is if that was true for everyone on that list... goals would be way up :)

As a former goalie, I love my posts. And you missed high or wide because I played my angles right not some bad shooter mojo.

Weird though that the NHL doesn't track shots off the posts for goalies. That would be an interesting look.

Pretty sure its just a shot on net but i see what your saying like specifically count posts

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad