TSN Jdog

Apr 25, 2016
Starting to hate the Leafs
:ducks2

Kadri, Nazem ($4,500,000)
Hainsey, Ron ($3,000,000)

:leafs

Montour, Brandon ($3,387,500)

Leafs get a young mobile Top 4 D to play with Rielly and replace Hainsey's minutes. While shedding from a surplus in the middle of the ice

Ducks get a Top 6 Centre to replace Kesler & Getzlaf when he declines

Ducks can afford this with Eaves & Kesler on LTIR plus Jacob Larsson can step up and gain more minutes

Last edited:

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Leafs are in good hands with the defence moving forward.

Rielly Zaitsev
Dermott Carrick
Sandin Liljegren
Borgman Ozhiganov
Rosen Holl

Last edited:

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
Kadri is buried behind Tavares (#1) and Matthews (#2). Can't afford to pay $4.5 M for a 3rd line center
We don’t have a 1st 2nd & 3rd line. We have three lines that will roll out almost equally and a fourth line. Kadri will still get 17mins by facing the oppositions top line when possible, getting PP and potentially PK time, and I’m guessing being double shifted on the wing if needed. He brings far too much at way too good a cap hit to move for anything short of a clear upgrade which this ain’t it chief.

Reactions: The Man with a Plan

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
Kadri is like insurance now! Leafs gonna roll with the 3 headed center monster...I truly want to see that before any new Dmen come in!Unless of course there is some kind offer they can't refuse,which Montour is not!

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
:ducks2

Kadri, Nazem ($4,500,000)
Hainsey, Ron ($3,000,000)

:leafs

Montour, Brandon ($3,387,500)

Leafs get a young mobile Top 4 D to play with Rielly and replace Hainsey's minutes. While shedding from a surplus in the middle of the ice

Ducks get a Top 6 Centre to replace Kesler & Getzlaf when he declines

Ducks can afford this with Eaves & Kesler on LTIR plus Jacob Larsson can step up and gain more minutes

Yeah.......no.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
I'm baffled by people who think Kadri will get buried because the Leafs signed Tavares. A 30 goal shutdown center won't get minutes. Ok then. You know who actually does get hurt here? The 4th line. They'll be lucky to see 5 minutes a night.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
I'm baffled by people who think Kadri will get buried because the Leafs signed Tavares. A 30 goal shutdown center won't get minutes. Ok then. You know who actually does get hurt here? The 4th line. They'll be lucky to see 5 minutes a night.

Is Babcock getting fired? If not I take that bet.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
Kadri is buried behind Tavares (#1) and Matthews (#2). Can't afford to pay $4.5 M for a 3rd line center

What???? Buried???? Do you even watch the Leafs? He's been Marleau's centre. Kadri played LW on the PP with Matthews and Nylander. Player don't scores 30 goals a season playing so called third line minutes, after all you could call 37 goal scorer JVR and Bozak were the second line last season. Leafs can't afford a 4.5m centre? Look what the Ducks have. Getzalf, Kesler and Henrique who isn't the player that Kadri is scheduled to make 5.8m...
OK, make the trade, but not false analysis of Kadri or the Ducks.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Anaheim has traded Vatanen and Theodore in the past year. Trading any of our top 4 D opens up a massive hole. We have two good young centers having strong camps that should be ready soon (Steel and Lundestrom), plus Getzlaf/Henrique/Kesler. Obviously not going to gut our defense to jam another center into that mix. Really isn't considering the Ducks needs at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad