Proposal: Kadri for Montour

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
kappy's got a pass so far because he's so young and been stuck on the 4th line. but he won't get a pass much longer. and yeah, there's a chance some of us have been duped by his pretty skating.
he's the next michael grabner. leaf fans that think he has top-6 potential are duped

Reactions: Getz2perry

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
No Interest in this deal. Kadri is a beast.

Any deal involving Anaheim and Kadri, will have to include Manson

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
What are you adding to Kadri to make that deal worth it for us?

Lol yeah Im not taking the bait. Not gonna turn this into a pissing contest to who's better. Kadri is just an extremely important piece and is worth more than Montour for sure in my eyes.

In regards to Manson, I dont know who needs to add what. Im just going stick to my statement that any trade involving Kadri to the Ducks will have to include Manson. Thats all

LuckyDucky

Mar 18, 2015
Or maybe because development isn't linear, and Kadri was one of the pieces kept when the team scorched their team for a rebuild. Pretty hard to score when you have pretty much no talent around you offensively. P.A ****ing Paranteau and Komorov were the next highest scorers on the leafs when they finished dead last, the year before that outside of the top line of Kessel-Bozak-JVR they had no offense either. Coaches can ruin a players development, Kadri had a good start to his career which was then followed by the Leafs starting a rebuild which took away pretty much all offensive talent away from the team,

So development isn’t linear yet you compare Montour to Seth Jones (among others)? Interesting.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
kappy's got a pass so far because he's so young and been stuck on the 4th line. but he won't get a pass much longer. and yeah, there's a chance some of us have been duped by his pretty skating.
I mean montours been stuck behind a lot of good players, in his first full season he looked really good.... yet the fact that he plays behind lindholm, manson, fowler seems to be what your focus is on.

Not sayin leafs should trade kadri for him but your evaluation of him seems a bit agenda based, and i assume youve seen very little of him on ice if you think his skating is why people ar hyped... dont think youll find many wcf that share your opinion on him

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
So development isn’t linear yet you compare Montour to Seth Jones (among others)? Interesting.
Comparing their ages yes. He has potential, he's only played 1 full season compared to his peers around that age if you couldn't make that connection :help:

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Comparing their ages yes. He has potential, he's only played 1 full season compared to his peers around that age if you couldn't make that connection :help:
The guys you compared montour too were also basically top 5 picks. Not to mention he was drafted in 14, jones is a 13 draftee, lindholm/rielly are 12s. Everything bout montour says late bloomer.

You know how many dmen from the 14 draft have scored more points than montour/played more games?
Ill give you a clue its only Ekblad

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
again, I understand how careful you need to phrase these things to make your argument.

call him whatever you want, but the facts over the last 2yrs:

#8 in center goals
#14 in center ES TOIqoc
#20 in center points
#22 in center ES P/60
#27 in center ES P1/60

and Kadri gets neither the ice time nor the linemates that other "#1Cs" are getting and still not outscoring him with.

Over the last 2 years he is NOT 20th among all centers in points.

Just last year
Not even close to top 20 in points.
Tied for 32nd among centers in PPG
Not in the top 30 in Goals above replacement
Not in the top 30 among centers in Primary Points
He doesnt drive play 5v5

Nope not a #1 center

Last edited:

BAM

Nov 21, 2016

Just last year
He doesnt drive play 5v5

Nope not a #1 center
LOL wrong

He's 27th on this list of top scoring centers over the past 2 seasons, and that's with guys like Marner, Nylander among others who are actually wingers listed as centers.

NHL.com - Stats

Learn some more before spreading bs

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005

Just last year
He doesnt drive play 5v5

Nope not a #1 center

you're including many wingers who are listed as centers.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
LOL wrong

He's 27th on this list of top scoring centers over the past 2 seasons, and that's with guys like Marner, Nylander among others who are actually wingers listed as centers.

NHL.com - Stats

Learn some more before spreading bs

I'm not the one who said top 20, HAHAHA
Learn to read

1) McDavid
2) Crosby
3) Malkin
4) Backstrom
5) Seguin
6) Tavares
7) Mackinnon
8) kopitar
9) schiefele
10) Kuznetsov
11) Draisaitl
12) Staal
13) Getzlaf
14) Matthews
15) Barkov
16) Trocheck
17) Schenn
18) Zetterberg
19) Eichel
20) Monahan

Face FACTS he is not a number #1 center, and underlying numbers prove that. But But QOC, please, give me break.

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
I'm not the one who said top 20, HAHAHA
Learn to read

1) McDavid
2) Crosby
3) Malkin
4) Backstrom
5) Seguin
6) Tavares
7) Mackinnon
8) kopitar
9) schiefele
10) Kuznetsov
11) Draisaitl
12) Staal
13) Getzlaf
14) Matthews
15) Barkov
16) Trocheck
17) Schenn
18) Zetterberg
19) Eichel
20) Monahan

Face FACTS he is not a number #1 center, and underlying numbers prove that. But But QOC, please, give me break.

You think people can't see that you edited your post?

connormcmuffin

Feb 17, 2018
Yessssssssssssss, I'm sick of Kadri's 32 goals each year on his good contract. Montour is kinda a top four, gimme gimme

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad