Proposal: Kadri for a blueliner

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Muzzin for Kadri and a 3rd :sarcasm: been saying it for a while contracts are the same Muzzin would be there best defense man instantly and Kings would get someone to deal with Tkatchuk as well as improve there center depth win win

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
Muzzin for Kadri and a 3rd :sarcasm: been saying it for a while contracts are the same Muzzin would be there best defense man instantly and Kings would get someone to deal with Tkatchuk as well as improve there center depth win win

Eeeeeeh definitely would say Rielly > Muzzin at this point. He'd be a great fit but I think Toronto is pretty committed to a righty unless Gardiner is moved for one in a separate deal.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Eeeeeeh definitely would say Rielly > Muzzin at this point. He'd be a great fit but I think Toronto is pretty committed to a righty unless Gardiner is moved for one in a separate deal.
Rielly maybe better offensively and even then i dunno cause if he was in la i doubt he would put up them numbers having to play more of a defense first type of game. However defensively (which the leafs need the most help in) its not even remotely close to me. Muzzin is 5 times reilly defensively I think it would actually be a win win trade for both clubs to be honest

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017
"Rolling the dice on Nylander becoming a better C than Kadri to address the blueline is better than going into the year without a blueline too thin."

Critical thinking is hard.
Rolling the dice isn't critical thinking. The odds of Nylander being able to replace Kadri's role as C this year is lower than Leafs blue line being better this year organically or upgraded with a lesser move.

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
Can we stop with non leafs fans proposing "leafs player for defense" threads?

Seriously our defense is fine, and we'll be able to sign everyone. Get it through your heads.

No it's not "fine". Not if we're serious about winning the cup. We could really stand to upgrade on Gardiner or Zaitsev and there's nothing wrong with admitting that.

Kadri is the one player that I think makes sense for the Leafs to trade for an upgrade on D. I doubt it'll happen, but I'd be totally good with it if it did.

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
Kadri's contract isn't as great as Leafs fans say. He's a good 3C without Marner. He'll score 30-40 points this year without the linemates he had last year.
What about 2 years ago when he got 60 points while playing with Connor brown and leo Komarov most of the time? Luck? :laugh:

You won't likely even acknowledge this reply anyways...just trying to spite leafs fans

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
No it's not "fine". Not if we're serious about winning the cup. We could really stand to upgrade on Gardiner or Zaitsev and there's nothing wrong with admitting that.

Kadri is the one player that I think makes sense for the Leafs to trade for an upgrade on D. I doubt it'll happen, but I'd be totally good with it if it did.
It's better than fine actually.
We were above average in goals against, and Andersen wasn't spectacular all year.
We're obviously going with a "draft and develop" strategy to make any improvements in our lineup.
We have a great young core of defensemen, who will improve together. Rielly, dermott, Gardiner, liljeren, Sandin, Zaitzev, oz, borgman, and Rosen look like a great group going forward

There's obviously nothing wrong with Gardiner as a 3/4 either. No idea where that comment comes from.

Reactions: Namikaze Minato

LoovTrain

Stanley... Come Home
May 6, 2015
Toronto
It's better than fine actually.
We were above average in goals against, and Andersen wasn't spectacular all year.
We're obviously going with a "draft and develop" strategy to make any improvements in our lineup.
We have a great young core of defensemen, who will improve together. Rielly, dermott, Gardiner, liljeren, Sandin, Zaitzev, oz, borgman, and Rosen look like a great group going forward

There's obviously nothing wrong with Gardiner as a 3/4 either. No idea where that comment comes from.

It comes from nervous Nellies who just can’t wrap their head around DRAFT and DEVELOP.

Reactions: Namikaze Minato

HolyCrap

Oct 2, 2015
For all the bitching I hear from non leaf fans about the leafs media and all the leafs news being thrown at them. They sure start a lot of leafs threads on social platforms. Almost like they enjoy the abuse.

AlphaBravo

Jan 31, 2015
Yerevan
Why in the world would the Leafs trade Kadri? They are going to win 5 cups in 2 years with Tavares, Matthews, and Kadri down the middle. Keep dreaming brother, keep dreaming.

supercilious

Jan 14, 2012
Appreciate you totally ignoring everything I wrote thank you.

Apologies. But you must not watch much Leafs if you think that Nylander can do what Kadri does for Babcock.

I love both players but they do entirely different things on the ice.

Nylander isnt going to match up against Sid Crosby or Connor McDavid when they roll over the boards.

Kadri is irreplaceable with anyone else in the current Leafs lineup and I don't think there is a chance at all that they would move him, great contract aside

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
I rather trade a package of
Brown/Johnson/kapanen
A 1st
And another asset to get a top 4 dmen
If dubas can manage it then trade kadri or Nylander.

supercilious

Jan 14, 2012
I rather trade a package of
Brown/Johnson/kapanen
A 1st
And another asset to get a top 4 dmen
If dubas can manage it then trade kadri or Nylander.

What about just moving Rielly/Gardiner to the right side? Aware Babs like to keep players on their correct side, but he let Hainsey do it and the Gardiner - Rielly pairing has achieved pretty solid numbers together albeit in a relatively smaller sample size.

Gardiner - Rielly
Dermott - Zaitsev
Hainsey - Carrick

then we can keep all of our wingers and 1st rounder

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
I know its the middle of August, but even I (a ravenous-for-Leaf-content-Leaf fan) am getting very tired of the Kadri/Nylander for a dman threads, I'm sure these must be getting tedious to read for non-Leaf fans

and yes, our defense is fine FOR NOW. We have until the TDL to shore up, this group made it to the playoffs last year easily plus we added an elite forward and should get more out of Dermott and Zaitsev. If we're not securely in the playoff picture by the TDL, then we have bigger problems

Reactions: Joel Ward

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
What about just moving Rielly/Gardiner to the right side? Aware Babs like to keep players on their correct side, but he let Hainsey do it and the Gardiner - Rielly pairing has achieved pretty solid numbers together albeit in a relatively smaller sample size.

Gardiner - Rielly
Dermott - Zaitsev
Hainsey - Carrick

then we can keep all of our wingers and 1st rounder
Yeah we can move players over but we need better players in general

Rielly = #1 dmen
Gardiner = #3 dmen expiring contract
Dermott= pretty much a #4 with potential
Zaitsev/Hainsey =4/5
Carrick =#6

Unless we have internal upgrades which doesn't seem likely we need some help.

Reactions: Snowman

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad