Kadri discussion thread after his 30th goal - now featuring 60 points!

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
It doesnt help that brown has been invisible the whole series. The only time I notice him is on bad giveaways or getting out muscled.

Brown, Marner, and Zaitsev have been noticeably playing below expectations. They're young, this may be the toughest hockey they've ever played. It's not easy going up against the best team in the league every second night. And yet, they're giving Washington a scare without these three playing very well. We still got a chance if they catch their second wind.

Garthinater

Nov 22, 2015
I thought it was funny how on the main boards gdt everyone was happy to chirp kadri for his "dive" when in reality it was a dirty slash. Feels cool to have a player so hated who isn't even that dirty.

IBeL34f

Lilly-grin
Jun 3, 2010
Toronto
I thought it was funny how on the main boards gdt everyone was happy to chirp kadri for his "dive" when in reality it was a dirty slash. Feels cool to have a player so hated who isn't even that dirty.

It was a terrible, terrible dive. He got hit in the arm/side, threw himself to the ice, and proceeded to grab his knee.

I'm quite a big fan and supporter of Kadri, but that was horrendous.

Garthinater

Nov 22, 2015
It was a terrible, terrible dive. He got hit in the arm/side, threw himself to the ice, and proceeded to grab his knee.

I'm quite a big fan and supporter of Kadri, but that was horrendous.

Wait, did you miss the big slash on the play? Because they didn't show it till later on in the game that at the same moment ovi gave him a little shot a d man on the caps gave kadri a dirty slash to the leg. Wasn't a dive at all imo

Edit: even the announcers who at first were chirping kadri as well admitted that he actually did get slashed in the leg

IBeL34f

Lilly-grin
Jun 3, 2010
Toronto
Wait, did you miss the big slash on the play? Because they didn't show it till later on in the game that at the same moment ovi gave him a little shot a d man on the caps gave kadri a dirty slash to the leg. Wasn't a dive at all imo

Oh ****, maybe I did. Gimme a minute...

You're right, I did totally miss that! Thanks for pointing that out, I rescind my statement.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Overall love what the Kadri line has been doing - their offensive output wouldn't be an issue if the Bozak/JVR/Marner line manages to step it up a bit

IBeL34f

Lilly-grin
Jun 3, 2010
Toronto
Lol at first I thought it was just ovi tapping kadri that caused him to launch into the air and hold his leg. Was relived to see it was actually a slash

Yep, I feel much, much better about that now.

Minus the Niskanen-being-a-little-**** thing, of course.

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Last year without any doubt was his best season (better then strike shortened season). I am just wondering is that going to be his career year or are we going to see some refinement to his game or is it going to be same as last season (meaning that's his peak)

I would like to see him in some PK role and would like to see better linemates then last year (may be Kapanen or Marleau in place of Leo)

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Was thinking earlier that Kadri hit on Ovi was pretty awesome. Kadri is pretty awesome, so glad we had him as our 1C last year. Job well done.

Battle Lin

Dec 18, 2015
on your 20 man team, you need a few just a couple guys that play with alil bit of nasty, with that dirty feisty physical edge...and pest like this on other teams usually can barely play hockey and just skate around hitting and being jerks trying to get under people skins...we have one with 2C skills at 4.5mill, cant think of many kadri type players in nhl right now, with such great pest skills and is a 50-60 point C

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
on your 20 man team, you need a few just a couple guys that play with alil bit of nasty, with that dirty feisty physical edge...and pest like this on other teams usually can barely play hockey and just skate around hitting and being jerks trying to get under people skins...we have one with 2C skills at 4.5mill, cant think of many kadri type players in nhl right now, with such great pest skills and is a 50-60 point C

Agreed, very rare skillset to have, and it's contracts like his that enable the best to remain the best. Remember that goal he scored off of McDavid? Yeesh.

Did anyone imagine him turning out like this when we drafted him 7th? Better than I hoped for.

Incetardis

Sep 17, 2013
Agreed, very rare skillset to have, and it's contracts like his that enable the best to remain the best. Remember that goal he scored off of McDavid? Yeesh.

Did anyone imagine him turning out like this when we drafted him 7th? Better than I hoped for.

Totally... I've always loved him as a player but the fact that he rounded out his game and embraced his role is going to continue to pay dividends this coming season. Its hard to evem think of comparable players. I'd say Kesler but Kesler's a better skater. Dubinsky maybe? Just a pain in the ass center that loves to **** you off but also can beat you offensively

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
2018-19

1C Matthews 21
2C Nylander 22
3C Kadri 28

For about 14M. What a time to be alive.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
2018-19

1C Matthews 21
2C Nylander 22
3C Kadri 28

For about 14M. What a time to be alive.

For center depth being the premier position in this NHL, it's awesome how we kinda just walked into one of the top 5/10 center cores in the league.

Koolboss

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
Can't wait for the season to start, looks like we are in for a treat with all the talent on this team.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
For center depth being the premier position in this NHL, it's awesome how we kinda just walked into one of the top 5/10 center cores in the league.

It's nice too considering how bad this team's C depth was for so many years. You have to go back to the early 2000s Leafs for depth down the middle.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad