Kadri discussion thread after his 30th goal - now featuring 60 points!

TmlHockeyFan

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
:handclap:

Finally, looks like having the AM, MM and WM helped him get to 30 since teams have difficulty focusing on players.

If Kadri was re-drafted in 2009, what spot would he go?

Last edited by a moderator:

Lebanese Leaf

Sep 19, 2009
Toronto, ON
And to answer your question, I would take the following players from the 2009 draft over Kadri:

- Tavares
- Hedman
- Ekman-Larsson
- Duchene

And maybe O'Reilly

So Kadri should go 5th or 6th in a 2009 re-draft.

TmlHockeyFan

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
And to answer your question, I would take the following players from the 2009 draft over Kadri:

- Tavares
- Hedman
- Ekman-Larsson
- Duchene

And maybe O'Reilly

I agree with your top 4. It's a toss-up between ROR and Kadri for 5th.

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012

- Tavares
- Hedman
- Ekman-Larsson
- Duchene

And maybe O'Reilly

Yea, I'd have him around the Duchene/O'Reilly 2nd tier from that draft right now which is amazing considering the long term contract he just signed.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Congratulations Kadri!

I still wonder if he gets us a top 2 D in a trade package at some point. :dunno:

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Contragulations indeed. He's taken more than his share of abuse on these boards over the years but he kept working his butt off to get better and look at him now. Nazem Kadri, a bonafide #1 centre. Beauty!

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Really happy for Naz.

He's gone through some ******** (a lot of it self-imposed) in Toronto.

Great to see him excelling.

The Beyonder

Jan 16, 2007

- Tavares
- Hedman
- Ekman-Larsson
- Duchene

And maybe O'Reilly

But what about Jared Cowen. :sarcasm:

Remember how sens fans were saying that Murray was playing a jedi mind trick and really wanted Cowen instead? :laugh:

wmark

Apr 5, 2014
Someone once told me that he would rather have Cody Hodgson as our centre over Kadri.

:laugh:

1specter

Sep 27, 2016

- Tavares
- Hedman
- Ekman-Larsson
- Duchene

And maybe O'Reilly

To be honest I'm not sure about Duchene anymore. Very talented and great offensively but he's soft and average to poor defensively. If Kadri can keep this up I think a case could be made for him over Duchene.

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
If I am not mistaken Burke was very keen on moving up in order to draft Brayden Schenn

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
I wonder who of his bashers back in the day comes in and mans up! For my part, i always supported him in his development to this stage. Some of us knew his best years were ahead. Some never seen it for some reason. Looking back, the best thing that ever happened to him was sleeping in. So if you are tired some day and things just aren't going that well anyway. Just go in to work late. :D

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
^ Sleeping in. Right.

Why diminish the extent of his life change? Mirtle went on record to call it a "partying problem."

If that's true, and it's behind him, is that not worth celebrating?

LeafsNation149

Feb 4, 2013
I wonder who of his bashers back in the day comes in and mans up! For my part, i always supported him in his development to this stage. Some of us knew his best years were ahead. Some never seen it for some reason. Looking back, the best thing that ever happened to him was sleeping in. So if you are tired some day and things just aren't going that well anyway. Just go in to work late. :D

Pretty funny seeing people whine last season and the year before.

Kadri's a beast!

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Isn't it funny how good things happen when you have a coach that supports you and knows what you're capable of and helps you reach it?

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Congrats to Naz, he's such a big part of our team now.

The best part of his low point is how extraordinary his high point has come. Absolutely a good example comes from going down the wrong path once again. Brilliantly done Kadri. I think he will only get stronger as long as he is not easily swayed by his own determination and success that followed. Its pretty cool for myself personally when a person realizes their full potential.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad