Kadri December 2013 ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sep 14, 2009
Guelph
Actually, he was good at the start of the season. He was about PPG then. It was until the suspension when he started slumping. That being said, his slump has been going on for too long and I am frustrated by that. But Carlyle needs to supplement proper linemates because what he has isn't going well and you can't put ALL the blame on Kadri. This line needs a defensive winger like Kulemin on it, to open up space.

Actually, last year he did hit the gym. He spent the summer with Gary Roberts, but leafs management didn't like that and wanted him to be with Anthony Belza (which he was this summer). :shakehead

Honestly, for Kadri's career, I would be open to trading him because he will be a great player, probably not in Toronto. But I feel for him. But I would only package him for a #1 C. Nothing less.

I think people are at a logical-deficit when they suggest this. Think about it practically from the standpoint of another team: we give up a centre, who is likely the best on the team, for Nazem Kadri (and potentially something else) who is a centre we hope is someday as good as the one we're trading away.

Unless the team is rebuilding I don't see this as a logical option. I see Kadri being traded in a potential-for-potential sort of deal or for a d-man.

TmlHockeyFan

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
I think people are at a logical-deficit when they suggest this. Think about it practically from the standpoint of another team: we give up a centre, who is likely the best on the team, for Nazem Kadri (and potentially something else) who is a centre we hope is someday as good as the one we're trading away.

Unless the team is rebuilding I don't see this as a logical option. I see Kadri being traded in a potential-for-potential sort of deal or for a d-man.

Well no, I don't mean a 1 for 1 trade. I mean we package him with something more like Gardiner for that #1 C. I know the price would be a little high.

TheVision

Sep 18, 2011

I can see Kadri being moved for a young Defenseman with potential like Kulikov or Larsson. I think so many are focused on him being in a slump, when other GMs and coaches will be focused on his compete level. We see potential here, but we're biased as Leafs fans and want a hefty return. What do we think other teams will offer for Kadri?

Ed Belfour

Nov 9, 2011
Toronto
Not many teams would trade a good young player for a streaky #2 center who can't win draws to save his life. All of this "I'll only trade Kadri for a #1C" stuff is a pipe dream. Why not just keep Kadri and let him develop?

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
Curious what you guys think of a Sam Gagner for Kadri trade. Elliot mentioned Gagner is in play on the hotstove and its no secret that Toronto is looking to move Kadri.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
I can see Kadri being moved for a young Defenseman with potential like Kulikov or Larsson. I think so many are focused on him being in a slump, when other GMs and coaches will be focused on his compete level. We see potential here, but we're biased as Leafs fans and want a hefty return. What do we think other teams will offer for Kadri?

Agreed. Dion needs someone who can log minutes and play defensively responsible. Gleason should help in that regard but we can't expect him to be a #2 guy.

TheVision

Sep 18, 2011
Wonder what folks think of a young player with potential, in need of a change of scenery, blockbuster:

To NJ
Kadri
Gardiner

To Tor
Henrique
Larsson

Toronto may have to add to it, but that could be a good basis for a Hockey trade, youth for youth.

Teeder9

Free rent for Mo?
Oct 14, 2011
Ontario
Wonder what folks think of a young player with potential, in need of a change of scenery, blockbuster:

To NJ
Kadri
Gardiner

To Tor
Henrique
Larsson

Toronto may have to add to it, but that could be a good basis for a Hockey trade, youth for youth.

Leafs won't be adding to that deal, at least nothing substantial. Rather keep what we have

TheVision

Sep 18, 2011
Leafs won't be adding to that deal, at least nothing substantial. Rather keep what we have

Think you'd have a hard time convincing Jersey fans of that.

Defensemen develop much slower...I would love to have Adam Larsson on our blueline. He's the player with the highest upside of any I mentioned in that proposal.

Teeder9

Free rent for Mo?
Oct 14, 2011
Ontario

Defensemen develop much slower...I would love to have Adam Larsson on our blueline. He's the player with the highest upside of any I mentioned in that proposal.

I agree, but doesn't Kadri's upside compared to Henrique equal that?

mikebel111*

And more attitude against kadri

Talk about grasping at straws

Like i say

Leafs nation equals deathtrap for youngsters, especially confident ones

GordieHoweHatTrick

Sep 20, 2009
Toronto
Why is everyone so keen on moving him? Just be patient, we could trade him later if he doesn't improve. You don't know if the bird in the bush tastes better than the one in your hand.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013

I would make a Kadri for Larsson trade.
Then Franson for Girardi.

How would the D look?
Gunnar - Phaneuf
Gardiner/Rielly - Girardi
Gleason - Larsson

Cap'n Flavour

Mar 8, 2004
Flavour Country
I would make a Kadri for Larsson trade.
Then Franson for Girardi.

How would the D look?
Gunnar - Phaneuf
Gardiner/Rielly - Girardi
Gleason - Larsson

That looks like utter garbage. Larsson hasn't done anything at the NHL level yet, and Girardi has been mediocre for the last couple of years now.

Why is everyone so keen on moving him? Just be patient, we could trade him later if he doesn't improve. You don't know if the bird in the bush tastes better than the one in your hand.

There's no more time for patience, obviously. We only waited four seasons for Bozak to turn into something resembling an NHL player, riding the same kind of good puck luck Kadri had last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad