7) Takes pressure off big 4
8)On ice enough to be captain
9) Exemplary
10) GOD wills it

Reactions: willmma

Ulysses31

Oct 7, 2015
What's a computer?
Fair enough. Perhaps so. Had some sadistic glee when that went down.

Feelings aside its a fine line...
Stick up for marner but get suspended

OR

Try to stick it to bruins on scoreboard

Both are imporant. Maybe leafs would have been better off he didnt do that.

AxNjXn

Jul 2, 2018
Freddie Anderson as Captain. I like how he created an internal debate last season w/ his frustration (but not how he used media to express it) But i think he learned from that mistake. He has the most experience in my eye on the ice, and can help organize the leafs biggest issues... and that is Defensive zone entry and Defensive zone exits.

Austin Matthews as Alternate Captain. This will give Matthews an entry level role to start discussions with referees and bypass rule 14D that restricts the ability of a GOALIE to be Captain.

Thoughts?

willmma

Jan 5, 2017
That wasn't something he did for the team. That was something that he did for himself that hurt the team.

How do you figure? He saw a giant pin and a weasel take a shot at Marner's head. He took exception and retaliated for Marner. That was for the team. You can say it was overboard and ultimately hurt the team but you can't say it was for himself.

More on point, I like Kadri, I see the argument for him being captain. In my opinion he should be an "A". To be honest, I don't know if the team will give him that even.

Ulysses31

Oct 7, 2015
What's a computer?
I agree with Shogun somewhat.

'Its not if you win or lose but how you play the game'

Relates to Kadris suspension. Perhaps that hit lost the series for leafs (OR IT DIDNT, ITS UNCERTAIN)

BUT how kadri plays over time will lead to much more success than failure

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
How do you figure? He saw a giant pin and a weasel take a shot at Marner's head. He took exception and retaliated for Marner. That was for the team. You can say it was overboard and ultimately hurt the team but you can't say it was for himself.
Yeah, the problem with that is that the action itself would always hurt the team, so if he cared about it he would have found a smarter way to go about it. And the whole argument ignores that Kadri didn't just out of nowhere do this. He was running around way before that, and even got a talking to on the bench to calm down. He went ahead and got himself suspended anyway.

I love Kadri, but that was a stupid, stupid move.

As for captaincy, to me that's just symbolism. Who do we want to represent the team towards the media and such. Those that are leaders of the team will be leaders of the team no matter if they have a letter on their jerseys.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Like gag me with a spoon! If I didn't I would be like a stooge.
I'm totally thinking of Bill and Ted's excellent adventure right now.

Also taking great joy everything is so bogus in Montreal/Ottawa.
Such a gnarly feeling for this season.

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Kadri’s great. But I wouldn’t name him captain. At best an “A,” but I’m pretty sure our letter wearing core will be some combination of Matthews, Tavares, and Rielly.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Honestly, not a chance after the stunt he pulled in the first round.

He needs to mature more.

Oh go p!$$ up a tree dude lol. Don't run his teammates lol. So what, he plays the edge and that happens.

He is very good in the room otherwise. I wasn't even mad at him and laughed. It wasn't smart though was it!

He will always be that. Just accept it.;))

willmma

Jan 5, 2017
Yeah, the problem with that is that the action itself would always hurt the team, so if he cared about it he would have found a smarter way to go about it. And the whole argument ignores that Kadri didn't just out of nowhere do this. He was running around way before that, and even got a talking to on the bench to calm down. He went ahead and got himself suspended anyway.

All good points. Ididn't say he did a smart thing. I just don't agree that he did it for himself, he was hot. He saw the Bruins buzzing around controlling every aspect of the game and then, like a said, a giant and a weasel take liberties against one of his stars. IT WAS NOT SMART. but also IT WAS NOT FOR HIMSELF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad