Proposal: KADRI CAPTAIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
All good points. Ididn't say he did a smart thing. I just don't agree that he did it for himself, he was hot. He saw the Bruins buzzing around controlling every aspect of the game and then, like a said, a giant and a weasel take liberties against one of his stars. IT WAS NOT SMART. but also IT WAS NOT FOR HIMSELF.
You know, I can agree with that. Good intentions, bad thought process.

Reactions: The Apologist

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
1) long (longest?) standing leaf
2) transformed. Bought into system
3) UNDERPAID. Kadri is a 7mil a year player
4) Brings it. Nasty. Plays for team.
5) Skill. ELITE TALENT.
6) TEAM WILL RESPECT DECISION
7) Takes pressure off big 4
8)On ice enough to be captain
9) Exemplary
10) GOD wills it

I think they should bring up Gautier and make him captain because he is the tallest.

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
I don't see him as captain material. I know he sees himself as it as he is confident, but I don't see it for a few reasons. Tavares might be the front runner and really in my opinion they should just give it to him if he wants it. He was captain for the Islanders, he has it under his belt already.

I understand their logic to the 'wait and see" approach, but I think a C with a couple of A's works best. Just do it, get it out of the way and focus on hockey.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
All good points. Ididn't say he did a smart thing. I just don't agree that he did it for himself, he was hot. He saw the Bruins buzzing around controlling every aspect of the game and then, like a said, a giant and a weasel take liberties against one of his stars. IT WAS NOT SMART. but also IT WAS NOT FOR HIMSELF.
Yep.
Poor outcome but he would have bought himself a lot of respect in the room for that hit.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013

Agree 100%. I've never understood this train of thought that Kadri gained anything for himself. What did he possibly have to gain? Nothing, end of story. Definitely not smart though and no, I wouldn't make him captain. Love Kadri though, he's probably my second favorite player on this team. :)

HabsInsider

Buy XRP.
Mar 2, 2013
Nice reasons but I can think of at least one reason why he won't be named Captain, and it trumps all of those

1) Tavares

Steven1562

May 13, 2013
Kadri is a bit of a loose cannon. Not someone you want leading the team. I think Tavares will get the C. Matthews and Rielly will get A's.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
So... to recap, you think that a player that doesn't even get an "A" in preseason games... or when Bozak was hurt... who took himself out of the Boston series... lost his job to Plekanec... got benched in the 3rd period of game 6 while defending a lead.... this player is going to leapfrog over Marleau, Reilly, Matthews and Tavares?

I need a beer.

Yamazaki

Feb 9, 2018
Don cherry approves

upload_2018-7-5_20-19-47.jpeg

Iapyi

Apr 19, 2017
Canadian Prairies
Anyone that isn't on the team who thinks they know who the captain should be is just kidding themselves. The players should vote every year on who they think the captain should be.

Cleatus

Nov 21, 2008
Calgary, AB, CAN
No to Kadri as captain. He’s too undisciplined, and a good captain should always be able to keep his emotions in check.

Anyone that isn't on the team who thinks they know who the captain should be is just kidding themselves. The players should vote every year on who they think the captain should be.

Players voting for captains can backfire as well. Montreal voting MaxPac for captain over Subban was a big part of that teams epic downward spiral.

Iapyi

Apr 19, 2017
Canadian Prairies
No to Kadri as captain. He’s too undisciplined, and a good captain should always be able to keep his emotions in check.

Players voting for captains can backfire as well. Montreal voting MaxPac for captain over Subban was a big part of that teams epic downward spiral.

Of course it can but I think in the long run it is the best way to do it. I'm not sure if your example is a good one though, most indications are that Subban was not very popular in the dressing room and the captain needs to have respect from his team mates if the talk about him is accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad